eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old October 17th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Idli Ninja

krishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond repute
I met a Pakistani Hindu

Yesterday I went to a technology luncheon in Dallas. The people from my company shared a table with people from another company. We all introduced ourselves to each other and it so happened that I was sitting next to a guy that I thought was an Iranian or something. He had a hindu name and when I asked him what part of India he was from, he said Pakistan.
We spoke for a long time in hindi of course. So, I asked him about all those Pakistani hindu web sites where they say how great pakistan is. His response: all bullshit. He said Pakistan is a shit hole and it's worse if you are Hindu. He said his family stayed behind during partition and he has family in India. He is married to an Indian girl.
Has anyone else ever met a Pakistani hindu? Why can't India, like Israel, give citizenship to Hindus in other countries? The guy I met was telling me, he has cousins that want to go visit India but can't because they are Puki citizens. Being a Hindu, I consider India my birth right, why can't Hindus come and visit their most sacred land?
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Banned

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of
Re: I met a Pakistani Hindu

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
Yesterday I went to a technology luncheon in Dallas. The people from my company shared a table with people from another company. We all introduced ourselves to each other and it so happened that I was sitting next to a guy that I thought was an Iranian or something. He had a hindu name and when I asked him what part of India he was from, he said Pakistan.
We spoke for a long time in hindi of course. So, I asked him about all those Pakistani hindu web sites where they say how great pakistan is. His response: all bullshit. He said Pakistan is a shit hole and it's worse if you are Hindu. He said his family stayed behind during partition and he has family in India. He is married to an Indian girl.
Has anyone else ever met a Pakistani hindu? Why can't India, like Israel, give citizenship to Hindus in other countries? The guy I met was telling me, he has cousins that want to go visit India but can't because they are Puki citizens. Being a Hindu, I consider India my birth right, why can't Hindus come and visit their most sacred land?
I am very curious about what it must be like to live as a Hindu in Pakistan!! Indian media dont have any qualms covering the plight of muslims in India, but they definitely dont have the balls to expose the plight of Hindus in Pakistan!!
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Poor fellow.. paying for the stupidity of his parents/grand parents not moving to India when the biggest moron of all Gandhi created a drama during Partition.
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an article on the Hindus living in Sindh, Pakistan. The article provides population statistics too.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/p...i_karachi.html

Below is the Kali temple in Karachi:

Old October 17th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Danish Kaneria only second hindu to play for pakistan after Anil Dalpat.

i read somewhere that one hindu (or may be sikh) appointed as an officer in Puki Army.

these are examples how the minorities are being treated in puki land.

Last edited by aragorn; October 17th, 2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Typo
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Idli Ninja

krishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Poor fellow.. paying for the stupidity of his parents/grand parents not moving to India when the biggest moron of all Gandhi created a drama during Partition.

He has been to India. He was born in the US. He says that his uncle wanted to visit India on a teerth yatra before he died but was denied a visa. His uncle was an American citizen but in Puki land during partition. I think to myself, how fucked up that is. How can some fucking commie in 'Hindustan' not allow a Hindu his right? Moreover, some member of his family have been allowed to visit relatives in India, including his parents. So, it seems barring people is done on a random basis. When are we going to come to the realization that Paki Hindus != Paki Muslim. Not allowing a Hindu into India is unconscionable, especially to perform end of life rituals. If we are ready to distinguish between Muslims and Hindus in India in civil law, why can't we do the same for Hindus in Pakistan, or anywhere for that matter? Why are Hindus being denied access to their holy sites?
Old October 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, no one heeded to Savarkar when he said we should be a Hindu Nation, tolerant of all other religions. Now, because our constitution sez we are secular, we can not officially issue a visa to a Paki Hindu.

This is what happened to Hindus in Afghanistan after Najibullah fell. They wanted to escape persecution under variety of warlords, but India denied them visa. They were given asylum in Europe (Germany, for most part) instead. We have too many chuthyas in our nation, too few bullets.
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna
I always used to wonder about ground facts. What appears in popular newspapers is usually not what happens in reality. They just take a piece of news and blow it up into major news... in general giving partial news. So, we knew that hindus have it bad in Pukistan but never heard any first hand news. This is the first time that I have seen someone meet a hindu from Pukiland and speak to them. And for this I thank you, Krinasha pai.

This is just one more nail into the spineless coffins of hindus. Why can't we stand up for hinduism around the world? I have read earlier posts from some veterans on echarcha that they don't care about hindus elsewhere and it would be within that country's rights to exterminate them or do whatever. And I am sure that such hindus also blame it on their fate and accept their miserably sad lives

It is us Indians who should rise up to hindus around the world... well, why just stop at hindus... (nah, I am just digressing). Show the world that we care about hindus and hinduism... not by protesting at every incident of an idol on a slipper or a toilet seat. These are not incidents worthy to protest about. Protest that a hindu is sacrificed in front of a masjid, protest that a daughter is picked up from her home and forcibly married off to a muslim. Stand up for human rights, just like muslims stand up for them in the name of Amnesty International.

But yeh sab bhol ke kya fayda... apna hi desh mein jab nahi hai value... duniya mein kya jaat ukhade ga

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:18 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Do u guys remember Danish Kaneria... the spinner in Puki team... He's a Hindu and thats why he's not in the Puki national side now... Also, Yousuf Youhana (now Mohd. Yousuf) was a Christian... he converted to Islam coz of peer pressure...
Old November 6th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna View Post
He has been to India. He was born in the US. He says that his uncle wanted to visit India on a teerth yatra before he died but was denied a visa. His uncle was an American citizen but in Puki land during partition. I think to myself, how fucked up that is. How can some fucking commie in 'Hindustan' not allow a Hindu his right? Moreover, some member of his family have been allowed to visit relatives in India, including his parents. So, it seems barring people is done on a random basis. When are we going to come to the realization that Paki Hindus != Paki Muslim. Not allowing a Hindu into India is unconscionable, especially to perform end of life rituals. If we are ready to distinguish between Muslims and Hindus in India in civil law, why can't we do the same for Hindus in Pakistan, or anywhere for that matter? Why are Hindus being denied access to their holy sites?
The Indian Govt is justified in denying visas to Hindus from Pakistan.
How are we to believe they are truly Hindus and not applying on documents provided by ISI showing Hindu credential ? Documents issued by Pakistani govt cant be deemed as genuine atleast in India.
We would allow most freedom/facility to Pakistani Hindu and that can be a concern for national security incase the said Hindu is an ISI agent.
Old November 6th, 2016, 06:21 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
The Indian Govt is justified in denying visas to Hindus from Pakistan.
How are we to believe they are truly Hindus and not applying on documents provided by ISI showing Hindu credential ? Documents issued by Pakistani govt cant be deemed as genuine atleast in India.
We would allow most freedom/facility to Pakistani Hindu and that can be a concern for national security incase the said Hindu is an ISI agent.
ISi guy would claim to be born in India and show an Indian passport. He won't go through all this drill. BTW, there is a way to check if the guys are Hindus
Old November 6th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
ISi guy would claim to be born in India and show an Indian passport. He won't go through all this drill. BTW, there is a way to check if the guys are Hindus
Proving born in India is a bit difficult in today's time. But showing they are born as Hindu in Pakistan would get a friendly treatment from Indian authorities and Indian people.

BTW the check if the guy is Hindu is not foolproof
Old November 7th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Proving born in India is a bit difficult in today's time. But showing they are born as Hindu in Pakistan would get a friendly treatment from Indian authorities and Indian people.

If you are giving visas to pukis in general then why deny a visa to a puki hindu

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 10th, 2016, 05:09 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

I met Pakistani Sikh officer when I was serving in Congo, he was full of propoganda and was bad-mouthing Hindus for 1984 sikh massacre of which my family was victim, even in sober moment he never acknowledged his existence, may be he feared insubordination from his platoon.

Of all the people in Pak army, I found Pathans most jovial and they enjoyed being themselves without pretense, they were so dissimilar to Gurkhas that I had, who when needed performed best fallback/retreat action all the time when needed

jeetIAF
Old November 12th, 2016, 06:52 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Only if the guy is a Christian. How many pak Christians are there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
I met Pakistani Sikh officer when I was serving in Congo, he was full of propoganda and was bad-mouthing Hindus for 1984 sikh massacre of which my family was victim, even in sober moment he never acknowledged his existence, may be he feared insubordination from his platoon.

Of all the people in Pak army, I found Pathans most jovial and they enjoyed being themselves without pretense, they were so dissimilar to Gurkhas that I had, who when needed performed best fallback/retreat action all the time when needed

jeetIAF
You mean acknowledged that he was a Sardarji or that Ahmed Shah Abdali killed almost all the Sikhs.