eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old March 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 2007 India Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn

i guess indian population is around 100 crores....
my bad! got used to using millions (because of the often used '300 million people with less than $1 a day' term in many western reports abt India!).

Its 30 crores = 300 million.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of
Re: 2007 India Budget

Nobody seems to be interested in this story....yet I will post relentlessly..

As I have stated before, and I will repeat. The Indian growth phenomenon, as demonstrated by the GoI, is purely a financial gimmick and is not REAL growth. While I AM NOT DENYING THAT THERE HAS BEEN REAL GROWTH, I am only suggesting that GoI has manipulated the markets, to create an ILLUSION OF FAR GREATER GROWTH.

Some remedies are being taken: Please read the headline article in Econ Times: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1755017.cms

"PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE GIVEN TO LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT IN CONTAINING INFLATION!"

Excess liquidity is a creation of the RBI...now it wants to contain it using the MSS scheme. The problem is that now the govt has to issue bonds and bonds = interest payments. Already India is being buried by debts. Now it has to bear the real fruits of it's past horrible actions!!

Is anyone even reading what Im writing? Does anyone care?
Old February 29th, 2016, 04:50 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
I agree with you that it is against free market policy to make private companies roll back prices but then how else can an inefficient govt. such as GoI control inflation? esp. in a country like ours where 30 crores of ppl live below poverty line, it is sometimes necessary for Govt. to make such moves. It is really unfair for those private companies but if inflation increases further, the govt. cannot guarantee its survival!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
I have contended before, and I assert it now, that India is NOT exactly a FREE country.

In a free economy, the government doesn't dabble with pricing.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1724741.cms

If you look at above article, the govt is asking private corporations to roll back prices..why? to contain inflation...

You cannot force companies to set prices...that is against free market rules!
Interesting to see Ramesh Pai actually supporting the Cong govt here.

Anyways, there are very few real Free economies in the world with Hong Kong leading the way.
So, this budget (2016) also takes India no closer to free economy. Of course Modi and Shah dont want to lose few more elections. Given this constraints FM has not made it too populist too.
Old February 29th, 2016, 05:36 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Interesting to see Ramesh Pai actually supporting the Cong govt here.

Anyways, there are very few real Free economies in the world with Hong Kong leading the way.
So, this budget (2016) also takes India no closer to free economy. Of course Modi and Shah dont want to lose few more elections. Given this constraints FM has not made it too populist too.
I think its a decently balanced but conservative budget.. with more focus on rural India. But I disagree with toilet paper whose headline said 'FM opens the coffers for rural India'.

Like we discussed .. doing anything is full of perils when you are in government. If no sops to rural India, then govt is pro-rich and pro-cosmopolitan India.