eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old April 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
How long does it take to get Labor approved with the new PERM process?

I applied mine last October, no news whatsoever from my company. I was under the assumption that it takes 30-60 days max. Are my company folks BSing?
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does it take to get Labor approved with the new PERM process?

My PERM was filed in Dec, no news yet. My colligue's PERM got an audit, they asked for all *king documents in the world. I hope I don't get such audit.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
My PERM was filed in Dec, no news yet. My colligue's PERM got an audit, they asked for all *king documents in the world. I hope I don't get such audit.
yes, my lawyer did ask for all the reference letters to be in file, as USCIS may audit the application ...
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute

I know of guys in the first half of last year who applied and their Labour got done in 1 month and the I140 got approved within 6 months after that.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute

You should have a receipt right ? What does the USCIS status say ?
7-8 months does seem a little too long. Check the USCIS website for current processing dates. Is it past your receipt date ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
I applied mine last October, no news whatsoever from my company. I was under the assumption that it takes 30-60 days max. Are my company folks BSing?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

do you get a receipt number for Labor? I thought only employers have access to it. correct me if im wrong. anyone with previous experience with this?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
do you get a receipt number for Labor? I thought only employers have access to it. correct me if im wrong. anyone with previous experience with this?
You do get a receipt number immediately after one applies ... you should ask your lawyer
Old April 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Ruler of Middle Earth

You get a receipt number for everything you apply with the USCIS. As soon as the USCIS receives it, first thing they do is mail you a receipt. Thats the only proof of your application.
By law, you are required to be provided with it.
Tere company ke HR ko thoda suna ke aa. They'll give it to you.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Proud LLKC member

link

USCIS Updates Projected Naturalization Case Processing Time
Agency To Complete 36-percent More Naturalization Cases Than Last Year

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it will finish more than one million naturalization cases during fiscal year 2008 – far exceeding the number of cases completed last year. This update comes following a thorough analysis of the work completed during the last six months.

“By the end of the year, I expect USCIS will have finished 36 percent more naturalization cases than last year without compromising national security or the integrity of the naturalization process,” said USCIS Director Emilio Gonzalez.

The agency recently updated the expected time it will take to complete naturalization cases, projecting processing times averaging 13-15 months. That’s a three month improvement from the 16-18 month projection that USCIS made six months ago.

A critical component of the strategy for addressing this workload is to quickly grow the capacity to handle the influx of additional cases. That includes expanding the USCIS workforce by adding nearly 3,000 new employees, detailing employees to work in the most heavily affected offices, quadrupling the funding for overtime and using Asylum Office facilities and staff to conduct naturalization interviews.

Last summer, USCIS received an unprecedented number of applications and petitions for immigration benefits. During June, July and August alone, USCIS received nearly three million filings, compared to 1.8 million filings during the same period the previous year. This sudden surge included 1.4 million naturalization applications last year – 460,000 in July alone. While historically filing increases have occurred in advance of fee increases, Presidential elections, immigration debates and new legislation, none of the past increases are close to the magnitude of the last summer’s surge.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Proud LLKC member

My priority date is Feb, 08. So, I think I should expect it by July 09.

Yeda, you can expect it by Dec. 08.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
My priority date is Feb, 08. So, I think I should expect it by July 09.

Yeda, you can expect it by Dec. 08.
'it' bole toh? Labor or EAD?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
'it' bole toh? Labor or EAD?
Labor yaar, EAD toh uskey baad hota haina?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
Labor yaar, EAD toh uskey baad hota haina?
tum kya bol raha hai bhai? Labor ke liye 1.5 year? PERM mein toh 60 days max bolte hai.
Old April 2nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

I have receipt number but may lawyer said that you can't track it

We have filed your PERM application today. The case number, for your records, is XXXXXX. Although there is currently no way for employees to track case status online, we do check the status regularly and will let you know when there is any update.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

yeda...u have been waiting to get ur hairstyling done for last 6 months

life in US..bhery difficult !! here in india...perming...done within 45 mins if u have appointment with naai!!