eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old December 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation How we caught the terrorist alive

'How we caught the fidayeen alive'

Image: A photograph of Assistant Police Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble at the D B Marg police station.

The first thing you notice as you enter D B Marg police station in south Mumbai is the photograph of Tukaram G Omble, who died battling terrorists early on the morning of November 27.

The assistant police sub-inspector had grabbed a terrorist's AK-47 and did not let go even as six bullets ripped through him. Omble knew that if he let go his comrades would also die. His heroic action helped his colleagues kill one terrorist and nab the other -- Ajmal Qasab.

Senior Inspector Nagappa R Mahale is the man in charge of the D B Marg police station. He was on duty when he heard that terrorists had attacked south Mumbai. "The first thing I did was put up nakabandi (police blockades) at two places. There were the two roads that led from south Mumbai to our area."

"When we heard that a Skoda car was heading with two armed terrorists towards Girgaum Chowpatty, I immediately told my men to seal the road and put up two barricades. I did not want them to try and crash through."

"At 0015 am we got the message that the Skoda had entered Marine Drive and was coming towards us. At 0030 the Skoda stopped 50 feet away from our barricades. They knew that they could not go through."

'We know we are brave'

Image: Senior Inspector Nagappa R Mahale

They sprayed water on the windshield, started the wipers and put on the headlights on high beam. Two of our inspectors, Bhaskar Kadam and Hemant Bhoundhankar, fired at the driver and killed him," says Senior Inspector Mahale.
"On the other side, the other terrorist lay down on the road as if in surrender. Omble, who was closest to him, tried to disarm him, by grabbing his gun. But the man fired. Omble did not let go. He was killed, but he saved his colleagues."

"As the terrorist tried to shake off Omble, the rest of the policemen leapt on him. One grabbed his gun while another took out his revolver. The rest hit him with lathi (batons) till he fainted."

"We took the terrorists to the Nair Hospital and our men to the Harkissandas Hospital. Another colleague, Sanjay Govilkar, also had a bullet injury. Omble died in hospital, but Sanjay survived."

"We filed the FIR (First Information Report) and conducted the primary investigation before the Crime Branch took over."

Mahale has been a policeman for 30 years. He has seen the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, riots, blasts in taxis, blasts on trains, and now these attacks. "It has made every Mumbai cop proud. We know we are brave. We know what we are capable of, when the occasion demands."

He presides over 160 policemen and officers, most wielding lathis.

'We fired three shots at the terrorist'

Image: Assistant Sub Inspector Bhaskar Kadam

Bhaskar Kadam is an assistant sub-inspector. He joined the force in 1991. He was on duty that night when Inspector Mahale told him to man the Chowpatty check post. He is the main detective at the D B Marg police station and has six detectives reporting to him. Kadam and his men were in mufti when they arrived at Girgaum Chowpatty.
"I was standing on the other side of the divider with ASI Bhoundhankar, who was already there as this was his beat. We were both carrying pistols. We were there from 10 pm. We were getting the news on our wireless of all the happenings in south Mumbai. Our men were behind the barricade."

"Traffic was thinning as time passed. Finally, there were no vehicles on Marine Drive. We had checked every vehicle since 10 pm. Now there were none."

"At 0016 we heard that the terrorists had hijacked a Skoda car. There was a strong possibility that they would come here. On the wireless we got confirmation that they had entered Marine Drive. At 0030 the silver Skoda stopped 50 feet away from our barrier."

"They turned on the wipers and headlights. We shouted, "Headlights off, surrender, get down." For 90 seconds they stood still, then then tried a 'U' turn."

"The road divider obstructed the 'U' turn. I was near the divider. The driver fired two rounds with his left hand. I fired three shots from my pistol. Bhoundhankar also fired three shots. The driver was seriously injured (he died later)."

"My people rushed forward and took his AK-47, and car keys."

"On the other side, the terrorist opened the door and lay down on the road. His gun was still in his hand. The policemen behind the barricade ran towards him. Omble dived on him and tried to take away the gun. The terrorist fired. Omble took six bullets, but did not let go."

"The other policemen then beat the terrorists with their lathis. They took away his AK-47 and a pistol from his pocket. He fainted from the blows. He also had bullet wounds."

'I realised I was shot after we subdued the terrorist'

Image: Sanjay Govilkar, who was injured in the encounter.

Sanjay Govilkar rejoined duty on Monday, December 8. He was in civilian clothes. This is because the doctor told him that the police belt, which is very wide, would hurt his bullet wound.
"I was just behind Omble when he jumped on the terrorist, we all did. After we subdued the terrorist I realised that there was a burning sensation in my back. Only then did I realise that I was bleeding badly."

"The bullet had grazed my back. I survived, but my colleague Omble did not."

Sanjay drew a small diagram to explain what had happened that night. "We had put up the barricade in such a way that they could not take a right turn. The blockade was below the bridge. They couldn't go anywhere."

"We knew that the Skoda was coming, so we were all alert. We had taken positions in three different places. We attacked the terrorists from three directions."

"When that terrorist was on the road, policemen were approaching him from the front, from behind the barricade. We were approaching from the back. And two sub-inspectors were just across the divider."

"Omble reached him first, then everyone attacked him with vigour. When we saw that Omble was not letting go of the terrorist's gun, we knew we could not let his sacrifice go in vain. He held on and we completed his unfinished task."

Link
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How we caught the terrorist alive

I read this too on rediff. The sad part is that none of the TV news channels thought him to be worthy of news. They only showed the top ATS officers who died. I mean, there is no difference when it comes to sacrifice, but there should be equal honors to all who died.
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Unbeeleivable !!! Mumbai's real life Nana Patekars. Here in US even traffic police has a revolver . But our brave Pandu's got the terrorist with lathis......

All our wishes with Ombale's families. Next year when I go to India , I will personally go and meet all these officers if I am allowed to.....

Great job.
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Great job ! RIP Shaheed Omble !

Despite tremendous work pressure, low salaries, lure of corruption, under-equipment...some men like Omble deliver like this. Imagine if we're not able to catch that pig alive, we would not have solved this case this much. Great work by Omble and all policemen who achieved that
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
eCharchan

natkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of light

Great Job!
hence proved if we take away lazy politicians from there backs they can neutralize even gun wielding terrorists just with a lathi.
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Salutations to Shaheed Tukaram Omble & to the other policemen who risked their lives to catch this dreadful pig alive.
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

mohammad can only hope to improve
Unhappy Re: How we caught the terrorist alive

It was a deadly dual between two brave men. One from Pakistan and one from India. Both died noble deaths in the end. One for his country and one for his religion.

Bhai ne bhai ko mara. Is aapsi jhagde ka America faida uthata hai hamesha. Both India and Pakistan should sit together and talk out our differences lest America and Britain will follow their old policy of divide and rule.
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
It was a deadly dual between two brave men. One from Pakistan and one from India. Both died noble deaths in the end. One for his country and one for his religion.

Bhai ne bhai ko mara. Is aapsi jhagde ka America faida uthata hai hamesha. Both India and Pakistan should sit together and talk out our differences lest America and Britain will follow their old policy of divide and rule.
So what the fuck are we supposed to do? Suck Paki cock?? Go fuck a cat or something mohammed. :mmad:
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Paki were anything but brave. They are pigs in search of recycled paki virgins in the other world. They also worsship the box God.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cowards never die noble deaths, and the coward here pretended to surrender and then fired. Dying for religion,you are slaves of your Arab Masters .

Who don't have means to control you so they control you by religion. Pakistan is the biggest Foot Licker of America . India is a non trustable friend only since 3-5 years
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Bravery is what Obale did. Living for a meagre salary of 5000-7000 rupees a month and then dying for the job knowing how corrupt the system is and how badly his wife and children will be treated some times after his death once the dust settles.These cowards have no ethics,no culture,no achievements,no hopes to be proud of,thats why they die for the slavery of their middle east masters.

India has done two grave mistakes since 1947 because of that foolish and romantic Nehru.

1)Completely Insulated from Pakistan.
2) Give more land to Pak and get rid of all Muslims here. We allowed a cancer to grow in our body and even nurtured it . No matter what ever financial,spritual achievement we make ,ultiimately like a cancerous person we will die one day.. We are doomed

Last edited by Randheer; December 9th, 2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Unbeeleivable !!! Mumbai's real life Nana Patekars. Here in US even traffic police has a revolver . But our brave Pandu's got the terrorist with lathis......

All our wishes with Ombale's families. Next year when I go to India , I will personally go and meet all these officers if I am allowed to.....

Great job.
They are braver than Nanapatekar's character in Ab tak chappan... may be not even like when Nanapatekar kills Zameer in the end (as it involves surprise)... these policemen confronted the Ak-47 yeilding terrorist cowards with lathis and bravery

please don't lessen their bravery... it is uncomparable...
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What bravery are you talking about? Weilding AK-47 and killing unarmed and innocent people, including unarmed policemen while feigning surrender, can never be called bravery in any language or culture...

even your Muhammad wouldn't call it bravery... but then Muhammad sanctioned treachery and lies to defeat the enemy if required... so that is your islamic terrorist culture - one which feeds on cowardice...
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

go away man..u make me laugh with every post of yours...
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:19 AM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Bravery is what Obale did. Living for a meagre salary of 5000-7000 rupees a month and then dying for the job knowing how corrupt the system is and how badly his wife and children will be treated some times after his death once the dust settles.These cowards have no ethics,no culture,no achievements,no hopes to be proud of,thats why they die for the slavery of their middle east masters.

India has done two grave mistakes since 1947 because of that foolish and romantic Nehru.

1)Completely Insulated from Pakistan.
2) Give more land to Pak and get rid of all Muslims here. We allowed a cancer to grow in our body and even nurtured it . No matter what ever financial,spritual achievement we make ,ultiimately like a cancerous person we will die one day.. We are doomed
couldnt agree with you more man. the day is not far anyway when we "hindus" will be in the verge of extinction and declared protected species