eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old April 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What book are you all reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Don't just think... do. It is a fantastic tale, written in a grand style... will remind you of our own Tantuitchy pai. While reading the book I was sure that Arvinda Adiga is our own Tantirichgay pai.
why because of the consistent reference of beaks?
jokes apart. it was a good read.

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old April 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

And God Themselves by Isaac Asimov
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute

Outliers .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book)
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
Read a quarter of the book...good read
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Einsteins Dreams
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

devices and desires-P D James
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
Finished it...liked the book.
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion."

Walden - Henry David Thoreau
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion."

Walden - Henry David Thoreau
Nice...we are in a philosophical mood today, are we?
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Anyone read this book, Scream by Rohinton Mistry? I read the other books by him and loved them. I am unable to get hold of this Scream.

I am starting Three Mistakes of My Life, Chetan Bhagat
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

just love the way he writes.. it's like taking deep breaths of cold mountain air and sitting in front of a beautiful scene with all the time in the world.. to introspect and observe.. really enjoying reading walden.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
just love the way he writes.. it's like taking deep breaths of cold mountain air and sitting in front of a beautiful scene with all the time in the world.. to introspect and observe.. really enjoying reading walden.

Do you write poems? Do you like Jean Paul Sartre? (just curious)

I like Walden too. Its been some time since I read him though.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

oh no rakhiji - i'm but a humble reader with zero to negligible literary skills.. i do enjoy a good poem now and then.

haven't read sartre - i will check it out since you all seem to be reccomending it highly..
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
oh no rakhiji - i'm but a humble reader with zero to negligible literary skills.. i do enjoy a good poem now and then.

haven't read sartre - i will check it out since you all seem to be reccomending it highly..
now dont be modest....

Sartre... difficult to read. But the more you read the more you will fall in love with his works. Existentialism, my favorites...i didnt complete it yet. Started years ago.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

@Razz(Walden)
sounds interesting.... reminds me of that Into the wild guy.....