eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Polls

Notices

Polls Polls for anything and everything

View Poll Results: Who will win Maharashtra State Assembly elections 2009?
Congress 2 8.70%
Congress + NCP 14 60.87%
BJP + Shiv Sena 7 30.43%
MNS + some independents 0 0%
MNS + NCP 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Take : Why SS-BJP lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
6> Uddhav Thackeraey looks very educated and cultured. Rural folks do not identify themselves with decent looking people. They love people who look like goons (Sharad Pawar for example). Uglier people are preferred look at Chaggan Bhujbal for example. Raj Thackeraey has the advantage of not looking very decent.

7> Shiv Sena and BJP should concentrate on people who look like goons, uglier they are the better it would be.

8> Shiv Sena should focus of opening up beer bars and brothels that will bring in electoral dividends. Price rise, corruption, terrorist attacks etc make no sense to genetically inferior humans.

Look what Raj Thakrey did,soon Maharshtra will have a Bhaiya Home Minister in form of Krpia Shanker Singh.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Following are the reasons in my opinion why the SS-BJP lost

1> Uddhav's speeches were too decent and focused only on failures of the Kangress - NCP govt. His thoughts were too sophisticated for the semi- animal like people who populate rural Maharashtra.

2> The Kangress-NCP could screw SS-BJP in Mumbai as the bhaiyyas were driven into one corner.

3> The rural folks in Maharashtra especially have a very low IQ.

4> Sharad Pawar has spread the venom of casteism in Marathwada. The non-Brahmins (Marathas, Mali's Kunbi's etc) have now started believing that they are not Hindus. All their ills are because of Brahmins. Even the 26/11 attack was the conspiracy of Brahmins and Pakistanis. There is a new religion floated for the NCP purposes called Shiv Dharma.

5> Vidharba is a place infested with people with rats asses for brains. Caste and liquor is what matters. Nagpur for example is full of that sub human species called Dalit's who's anuses open up to empty huge loads of waste food matter on Dec 6 which is their icons birth anniversary or death anniversary on Mumbai chowpatty.

6> Uddhav Thackeraey looks very educated and cultured. Rural folks do not identify themselves with decent looking people. They love people who look like goons (Sharad Pawar for example). Uglier people are preferred look at Chaggan Bhujbal for example. Raj Thackeraey has the advantage of not looking very decent.

7> Shiv Sena and BJP should concentrate on people who look like goons, uglier they are the better it would be.

8> Shiv Sena should focus of opening up beer bars and brothels that will bring in electoral dividends. Price rise, corruption, terrorist attacks etc make no sense to genetically inferior humans.
repped
Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

viking,

You have listed problems quite accurately with the Maharashtra electorate. However you forgot that Shiv Sena, due to its ties with BJP, has become incompetent just like BJP has. They both have no issues so to speak of. Both parties only shout the usual 'corruption' bull crap.

People know that corruption will always remain and so barking about corruption gives you no advantage. Also the terrorist attacks in Mumbai dont affect Mumbaikars, so do you think rural folks care? No, they dont.

Shiv Sena and BJP need to learn that the rural folks need only good sound bites, liquor during elections, loan waivers, etc. Terrorism is a 'urban' problem for the rural folks, corruption is a 'daily' issue which is just like any natural bodily function.

SS and BJP need to learn how to divide people further like Raj Thackrey did in Mumbai, Congress does in different parts of the state and thus gain electoral advantages.

Good post. you
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Junior eCharchan

mammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud of

Next time Raj will also penetrate into rural land and then fight will be very interesting.
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammu View Post
Next time Raj will also penetrate into rural land and then fight will be very interesting.
Nope, Unlike Indira Gandhi and other Congressi leaders, Sharad Pawar is too strong and smart to finish the Bhasmasur he has created.

So beleive me Raj will be finished ruthlessly as soon as his effects start reaching villages because NCP's base is in villages.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammu View Post
Unfortunately Raj too does not have the advantage of caste. Therefore in rural Maharashtra he will not cut much ice. However there is rapid urbanisation and more educated people form all over India will come and settle down in Maharashtra thereby displacing these womanising gavthi's. I feel the faster this casteist dirt is cleansed from Maharashtra the better will Maharashtra get.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Post The MNS effect

‘Why I voted for the MNS’

Pune Mirror: In the four elections that he voted in last, Matunga resident Lavin Jadhav had always stuck with the Shiv Sena.

This time, however, the 25-year-old decided to give his vote to Raj Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and his choice turned out to be a major spoiler for the Shiv Sena-BJP by wresting six of its seats in Mumbai.

So what made a die-hard Sainik like Jadhav vote for the MNS?
“My family and I are die-hard followers of Balasaheb. But this time, we decided to vote for the MNS. We voted for Nitin Sardesai who defeated Shiv Sena’s Adesh Bandekar and sitting MLA Sada Sarvankar. I don’t feel sorry at all that I voted for the MNS. There are several reasons why.”

“My first reason is Rajsaheb. I strongly believe that he is a true fighter for the Marathi cause and that he will never change his agenda to get votes from other communities. I have seen how strongly he fights to get us jobs.

The MNS are not just aggressive talkers, they have shown results. Raj hasn’t gone on the back-foot after taking up the Marathi cause, and I am sure he will not compromise (in the future).

The MNS took out an agitation on the Reliance Power tariff issue and within one day, forced the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission to issue a stay order and scrap the hike in power tariff.

“My personal experience with the party has been very good, too. Our chawl was going in for redevelopment and the builder offered us only 250 sq ft tenements. Shiv Sena leaders came and promised to get us a bigger apartments.

But, nothing happened. We later came to know they were hand-in-glove with the builder.

“We approached MNS’s Nitin Sardesai who held discussions with the builder and got us 300 sq ft apartments. Our entire colony, therefore, voted for the MNS. “After this incident, whenever we have faced any problem, we have contacted MNS leaders.

They are always ready to help. Any issue — be it water scarcity, health, unemployment — the MNS has always given us a helping hand in the last three years.

“Sena leaders have only given us assurances. It is precisely because of this that people like me voted for the MNS. The young generation and women are enthralled by the leadership of Raj who, we think, has the right attitude and aggression.”

(Lavin Jadhav works with a private company and stays in Matunga Railway Colony)

http://punekar.in/site/2009/10/23/%e...-mns%e2%80%99/
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Junior eCharchan

mammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud ofmammu has much to be proud of
Re: The MNS effect

Sahi bola bhidu. Shiv sena had just become marathi baloon which weren't doing anything except talk.
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Re: The MNS effect

Quote:
‘Why I voted for the MNS’

The MNS took out an agitation on the Reliance Power tariff issue and within one day, forced the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission to issue a stay order and scrap the hike in power tariff.

“My personal experience with the party has been very good, too. Our chawl was going in for redevelopment and the builder offered us only 250 sq ft tenements. Shiv Sena leaders came and promised to get us a bigger apartments.

But, nothing happened. We later came to know they were hand-in-glove with the builder.

“We approached MNS’s Nitin Sardesai who held discussions with the builder and got us 300 sq ft apartments. Our entire colony, therefore, voted for the MNS. “After this incident, whenever we have faced any problem, we have contacted MNS leaders.
Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission and all the builders are controlled by which Party ,there is no need to tell. It is our Dear Congress and NCP . So for some time any thing which Raj says will be accepted by these small time builders. Congress after all in power can compensate them 10 times. So for some time Raj word will be a law and then tables will be reversed on him,same way as it was done for Bala Saheb.

When you have a rival like Congress you have to be like Laloo yadav to finish them. Shiv-Sena and BJP should first realize against whom they are competing.

You have to be 10 times better or 10 times worst than Congress to beat it. If you are not maintaining this range you will loose. SO only a Chandra Babu Naidu and Laalo yadv can constantly defeat Congress.

Last edited by Randheer; October 24th, 2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will win the maharashtra assembly elections

Thakeray senior fulminates against marathi manoos

Upset over Shiv Sena's electoral debacle in Maharashtra, party chief Bal Thackeray today said it was not "outsiders" but Maharashtrians

themselves who had stabbed him in the back.

Quoting an English newspaper headline ‘MNS gives Cong Raj a hand", (Raj Thackeray-led MNS helps Congress retain power), the Sena chief said, "This sums it all".

Striking a cynical note in his first editorial in party mouthpiece ‘Saamna' after the assembly election results on October 22, the 84-year-old Thackeray said, "There is an evil spirit that is separating me from you (Marathi people) and not allowing a meeting of minds".

"I do not have any hope that even this writing will have any influence on your thinking. In fact, I have lost faith in everything, including Maharashtrians and also God. I am at great pains to make this statement but I have no desire to hide the truth and indulge in self-deception," he said.

He wondered as to why the 'Marathi manoos', who turns to Shiv Sena to serve his interests in all walks of life, failed to vote for the organisation born for him.

The Sena, which ruled the state in alliance with BJP from 1995 to 1999, finished fourth, winning just 44 of the 169 seats it contested. BJP bagged 46 seats. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena, led by Thackeray's estranged nephew Raj, severely dented the Sena's traditional Marathi vote base.

Citing success of regional parties of Jayalalithaa and M Karunanidhi in Tamil Nadu, and Narendra Modi, who appealed to the Gujarati "pride" besides Naveen Patnaik in Orissa, Thackeray said, "it seems that Marathi people still have not got wiser and their minds are dead."

"I have given vent to my feelings to relieve my anguish. I devoted 44 years of my life for you. I do not know what crime I have committed and where I have gone wrong. If the dead minds of Maharashtrians are not going to be resurrected, I should not subject myself to this agony," the Sena patriarch added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5156195.cms
Old October 24th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
Thakeray senior fulminates against marathi manoos

Upset over Shiv Sena's electoral debacle in Maharashtra, party chief Bal Thackeray today said it was not "outsiders" but Maharashtrians

themselves who had stabbed him in the back.

Quoting an English newspaper headline ‘MNS gives Cong Raj a hand", (Raj Thackeray-led MNS helps Congress retain power), the Sena chief said, "This sums it all".
He has a point.
Anybody who knows Marathi History will notice that Marathas have a strange problem. It is their own Kith and Kin which bring them down. Outsiders are more loyal to them than their own family.

What is painful is that they have learnt nothing from History and same thing continues now also.

Buggest examples is Pramod Mahajan's brother killing him. Even if we accept that Paramod Mahajan was a bad character and may be screwing up his wife,do you kill a potential Prime Minister candidate in your house. It would not have been that Paramod Mahajan's brother discovered the relationship at the time of shooting him only. He must be aware of it for long.

Udhav had the maturity to became a national face and may be another King Maker,but his brother destroyed his chance.

How long Marathis will be getting destroyed by their own Kith and Kin.

Last edited by Randheer; October 24th, 2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
He has a point.
Anybody who knows Marathi History will notice that Marathas have a strange problem. It is their own Kith and Kin which bring them down. Outsiders are more loyal to them than their own family.

What is painful is that they have learnt nothing from History and same thing continues now also.

Buggest examples is Pramod Mahajan's brother killing him. Even if we accept that Paramod Mahajan was a bad character and may be screwing up his wife,do you kill a potential Prime Minister candidate in your house. It would not have been that Paramod Mahajan's brother discovered the relationship at the time of shooting him only. He must be aware of it for long.

Udhav had the maturity to became a national face and may be another King Maker,but his brother destroyed his chance.

How long Marathis will be getting destroyed by their own Kith and Kin.
I didn't understand this logic. If he is not potentital PM material then kill him. But if he is Potential PM material then let him screw your wife and you don't do anything?
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:35 AM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Randheer;455695]He has a point.

How long Marathis will be getting destroyed by their own Kith and Kin.[/QUOTE]

It's not applicable to marathis only. It's complex human behaviour seen everywhere look at

Ambanis,
Naidus in Andhra(Chandrabbabu naidu and NTR son screwing NTR)
DMK presidents's fighting (SUN TV owner )
Yadav's in Bihar(Lalu Yadav and his BIL)

SO stopp generalizing and making casteist remarks. Sometime you are in favor of casteism and other time you critize the same casteism.
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
Following are the reasons in my opinion why the SS-BJP lost

1> Uddhav's speeches were too decent and focused only on failures of the Kangress - NCP govt. His thoughts were too sophisticated for the semi- animal like people who populate rural Maharashtra.

2> The Kangress-NCP could screw SS-BJP in Mumbai as the bhaiyyas were driven into one corner.

3> The rural folks in Maharashtra especially have a very low IQ.

4> Sharad Pawar has spread the venom of casteism in Marathwada. The non-Brahmins (Marathas, Mali's Kunbi's etc) have now started believing that they are not Hindus. All their ills are because of Brahmins. Even the 26/11 attack was the conspiracy of Brahmins and Pakistanis. There is a new religion floated for the NCP purposes called Shiv Dharma.

5> Vidharba is a place infested with people with rats asses for brains. Caste and liquor is what matters. Nagpur for example is full of that sub human species called Dalit's who's anuses open up to empty huge loads of waste food matter on Dec 6 which is their icons birth anniversary or death anniversary on Mumbai chowpatty.

Problem with Sena is it's image and current President Udhav. The image of Sens is very aggressive created by Bal Thakre. When Bal Thakre was president he was in charge of organization but look at Sena now.

Udhav when he speaks his voice sounds feminine.
Udhav was not part of politics till 1999 or so unlike his cousin Raj
Look at the way they distributed party tickets (Aadesh Bandekar, Ramdas Kadam from Guhagar etc.)
They didn't even manage to win Guhagar seat for opoosition party leader Kadam. BTW that post is like Shadow CM.
Interestingly when Aadesh Bandekar was given ticket over sada sarvankar, people attacked Manohar Joshi's residence, that tells you Udhav is not in charge of the party in true sense.

After losing the election he didn't come out to face the media or even made statement. Election is like a a game one will win other will lose.But Udhav doesn't have that leadsership to accept the defeat gracefully.

Under Bla Thakre when SS lost election he used to make statement either against winning party, winning candidate or even against Marathi People who didn't vote for him. But never shied away from media or people.

I won't blame people who didn't voted for SS but SS has themselves to blame.

Also look at BJP without strong leadership in the state, contesting lesser seats than SS, won more seats compare to SS.

I can understand your frustration on SS losing election but being supporter of SS think logically. There is no point blaming people for SS's loss.

In Nagpur BJP-Ss won 3 seats out of 4. But you still feel people in Nagpur are stupid. But look at Nashik, MNS won majority of the seats which is suppose to be MarathiManoos area.

I don't understand your selective amnesia.
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

[quote=santra;455702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randheer View Post
Ambanis,
Naidus in Andhra(Chandrabbabu naidu and NTR son screwing NTR)
DMK presidents's fighting (SUN TV owner )
Yadav's in Bihar(Lalu Yadav and his BIL)

SO stopp generalizing and making casteist remarks. Sometime you are in favor of casteism and other time you critize the same casteism.
No Casteism,I am saying the Maharashtra state as a whole.

BTW no comparisons between the cases you have mentioned and the cases in Maharshtra. Those are petty disputes.

Marathi leader's kith and kin have harmed them fatally and made them loose when they were at peak.

Even Bala Saheb said the same thing. Maharashta is unfortunate in this regard. When ever it produces a leader who can steer not only Maharashtra but the entire country to a direction,some kith and kin of the leader plays spoil sport.