eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arizona introduces tough immigration laws - What is your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
yes i did that during my us trip.I carried the copy and it was ok.I had been asked atleast 5 times for my passport and all 5 times they were satisfied with the notarized copy.
Again, i cannot stop giving Sing examples.

Singapore gives you a nice card kind of a thing (That also tells you whether it is an 'Employment Pass' or a PR )which you can carry without having your passport. It is quite handy and also was a great aide in shutting up the Malaysian immigration guy who was asking me wierd questions')
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:36 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
yes i did that during my us trip.I carried the copy and it was ok.I had been asked atleast 5 times for my passport and all 5 times they were satisfied with the notarized copy.
I dont know where you were going around in US. I have yet to meet a cop who asked for my passport in US. I have been here for 6+ yrs as student. All I need was an ID. I used to use my student ID and after I got my drivers license, it was enough. I fly almost every month to Dallas and all airport security sees is my drivers license. Only time I needed to show my passport/I-20 was when I went to a border town near the mexican border in south TX and that too it was to a USCIS agent.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Take Maharashtra as an example ... outsiders (even if not welcome) are needed as a source of cheap labor because traditional source (local Mahrathas) are getting better education and are no longer willing to provide cheap labor.
You probably mean Mumbai and not the whole Maharashtra, and outsiders are not there in Mumbai to offer cheap labor... we don't need to drag Maharashtra into this. Withing US, people seem divided on racial profiling; it is considered bad in states like California, but a majority of the country is supporting the Arizona law.
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:16 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
I dont know where you were going around in US. I have yet to meet a cop who asked for my passport in US. I have been here for 6+ yrs as student. All I need was an ID. I used to use my student ID and after I got my drivers license, it was enough. I fly almost every month to Dallas and all airport security sees is my drivers license. Only time I needed to show my passport/I-20 was when I went to a border town near the mexican border in south TX and that too it was to a USCIS agent.
eggjaktly.. i too completed 6 yrs.. cops encounter many times but never passport check.. only DL..

BTW Ramesh pai how long more as student? any PHD plans.. u'd complete a decade as student in US.. LOL
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chando View Post
The point is would like to get pulled over because of the color of your skin. I have struggled to get the legal status, I don't have to get troubled by cops every time he suspects me. It is like Sikhs living in Taliban Afganistant who were made to wear a badge to prove they are not muslims.

If AZ wanted to stop illegal arrest all the people who are hiring these pepople. If there is no demand for such labors we will not have this problem.

Man, I am sick of hearing these stupid comparisons. In that other thread Pinto Miyan thinks that the legal desi immigrants to the US who go through all the hoops to get visa, GC and citizenship, are no different than the murdering, raping, and looting Mughal invaders. Here Chando Miyan believes that the plight of legal Sikh residents of Afghanistan being persecuted, is the same as the illegal immigrants of USA because they are being asked to carry proof of their residency. Are you guys really that dumb or do you have some sort of an agenda?
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner View Post
Man, I am sick of hearing these stupid comparisons. In that other thread Pinto Miyan thinks that the legal desi immigrants to the US who go through all the hoops to get visa, GC and citizenship, are no different than the murdering, raping, and looting Mughal invaders. Here Chando Miyan believes that the plight of legal Sikh residents of Afghanistan being persecuted, is the same as the illegal immigrants of USA because they are being asked to carry proof of their residency. Are you guys really that dumb or do you have some sort of an agenda?
looks like you missed Black on Beck...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Old May 21st, 2010, 07:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
looks like you missed Black on Beck...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Beck is no different, we all know that.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:17 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
guys, as an independant free citizen of an independant free country I feel it is insulting that I have to carry papers proving my identity. I am not a jew in nazi germany, nor a thief who has to answer some fucking cop just because he wants to have some fun or he doesnt like my face or my face looks suspicious according to some. Just because the border controls dont work in their current form is no reason to harass or apply limitations to people. IMHO this law is barking up the wrong tree, solving the wrong problem - that too for a country like America which is entirely a migrant country!!!

Charcha bhau, you are saying now you wont have problems showing or carrying your license and passport everywhere, just wait till every frikking law enforcement officer stops you and asks you for papers, then makes you wait while he completes his paper work and you start missing your normal life. Even if you come out of the encounter scratch free, I guarantee you will not enjoy it.

Check out a similar encounter portrayed in the movie Crash. Even with the movie, the incident leaves one disgusted.
+rep you but this is the way it has been for decades ... you carry drivers license if you drive a car or next officer brings you to station ... noh? One must always carry some form of identification on person for any and all eventualities ... noh ... even if you are a local in India?

Yes ... you got right to be slighted if officer brings you in even if you carry a legally acceptable identification ... all just cause s/he doesn't like you.

How else do they catch illegals if not through identification papers?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:56 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
How else do they catch illegals if not through identification papers?
the question you should be asking is why catch them if they won't be prosecuted? see this article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ld.html?cat=17

you should also read the text reproduced from SB1070, the arizona law:
B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY

OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS

STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS

UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,

WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE

PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

C. IF AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IS

CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION OF STATE OR LOCAL LAW, ON DISCHARGE FROM

IMPRISONMENT OR ASSESSMENT OF ANY FINE THAT IS IMPOSED, THE ALIEN SHALL BE

TRANSFERRED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CUSTODY OF THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND

31 CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT OR THE UNITED STATES CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION.

So the people would be caught on reasonable suspicion and turned to feds, and then feds will do what? nothing much... there is neither bandwidth (as the article in my link says) nor inclination (as this thread says: http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35232). other than that jan brewer the arizona governer gets mileage from being tuff and people fall for it.

if you want to catch drug dealers, then catch drug dealers, don't label all hispanics as drug dealers and harrass them. why is it so hard to understand? what makes people think racism will cure anything?
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
you carry drivers license if you drive a car or next officer brings you to station ... noh?
It would be illegal in most US states for cops to single you out and stop you without cause, i.e. you are driving recklessly or the vehicle is missing number plate etc.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

U.S. challenges Arizona immigration law in court

U S President Barack Obama's administration heads to court on Thursday in a showdown over whether Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigrants encroaches on federal authority over immigration policy and enforcement.
Obama, whose Democratic Party faces an uphill battle to maintain its congressional majorities in November elections, backs a comprehensive overhaul of immigration laws. It would tighten workplace and border security, and allow unauthorized migrants in good standing to learn English, pay a fine and get on the track to citizenship.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
U.S. challenges Arizona immigration law in court

U S President Barack Obama's administration heads to court on Thursday in a showdown over whether Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigrants encroaches on federal authority over immigration policy and enforcement.
Obama, whose Democratic Party faces an uphill battle to maintain its congressional majorities in November elections, backs a comprehensive overhaul of immigration laws. It would tighten workplace and border security, and allow unauthorized migrants in good standing to learn English, pay a fine and get on the track to citizenship.
Obama will ensure the fall of many Democrats in the November elections
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritvani View Post
the question you should be asking is why catch them if they won't be prosecuted? see this article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ld.html?cat=17

you should also read the text reproduced from SB1070, the arizona law:
B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY

OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS

STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS

UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,

WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE

PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

C. IF AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IS

CONVICTED OF A VIOLATION OF STATE OR LOCAL LAW, ON DISCHARGE FROM

IMPRISONMENT OR ASSESSMENT OF ANY FINE THAT IS IMPOSED, THE ALIEN SHALL BE

TRANSFERRED IMMEDIATELY TO THE CUSTODY OF THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND

31 CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT OR THE UNITED STATES CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION.

So the people would be caught on reasonable suspicion and turned to feds, and then feds will do what? nothing much... there is neither bandwidth (as the article in my link says) nor inclination (as this thread says: http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35232). other than that jan brewer the arizona governer gets mileage from being tuff and people fall for it.

if you want to catch drug dealers, then catch drug dealers, don't label all hispanics as drug dealers and harrass them. why is it so hard to understand? what makes people think racism will cure anything?
But ALL drugs in US comes from Hispanic countries...so naturally, the major players are all Hispanics

Nobody is labeling all hispanics as drug dealers than Democrats...to gain political advantage in polls
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
i went in 2002 when the security was way too tight.and i did it on the insistence of relatives i visited and it was useful.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

check out this video lol..latino KKK

I AGREE