eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancellation of Indian Passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Premiji ... I will go with KKKK on this. Bring few photos, fill up the forms and present your current passport. There is no reason why they need to ask for your former passports.

they wont ask me wheather I sold my indian passport with tons of visas on it to some gujju guy in Rs. 45 lacs ... no
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
if you want to apply for visitor visa on your american (or any other country's) passport, why should your Indian passport be asked? I am not sure why they will ask your old passport.
other countries no problem, but I think they ask to people who want to take indian visa and their birthplace is india in new passport.

nobody went to india after getting their new passport or what
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
other countries no problem, but I think they ask to people who want to take indian visa and their birthplace is india in new passport.

nobody went to india after getting their new passport or what
I read at some blog site. You surrender existing passport when applying for citizenship of new adopted country. You surrender if to country of adoption and not to Indian embassy. Thats it and end of it and the way it used to be. You must have some old expired passports ... make copy of first few pages ... just in case if they ask. You have many hobbies but keeping old expired passports is not one ... tell them.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indian-c...r-certificate/

Sounds like you just need to get a surrender certificate. It'll cost you $20 in processing fees.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
I read at some blog site. You surrender existing passport when applying for citizenship of new adopted country. You surrender if to country of adoption and not to Indian embassy. Thats it and end of it and the way it used to be. You must have some old expired passports ... make copy of first few pages ... just in case if they ask. You have many hobbies but keeping old expired passports is not one ... tell them.

no they ask you to surrender ur alien card ( green card ) before you become citizen. they dont worry about ur old passport (expired or not)
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indian-c...r-certificate/

Sounds like you just need to get a surrender certificate. It'll cost you $20 in processing fees.
thanks chills

I think this is the page I was looking for.. http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indian-c...e-new-york.pdf