eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Bargain Basement

Notices

Bargain Basement All the hot deals on shopping , air tickets and stuff!

Old February 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone in Chennai?

All, I needed a small information, you might know this if you are living in Chennai; we will be going there for a week in July. When I was living in Bangalore, I used to buy a few sarees by Sabyasachi and Satya Paul and i LOVE them. Now, I cant find them in Chennai. When I asked my mom-in-law where I can find them, she left me in Nalli's (first time) and Pothys (second time) and I pretty much got lost there and didn't buy anything for myself.

Now...to the question, where can I find Sabyasachi and Satya Paul sarees in Chennai? Anyone? Please...
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
All, I needed a small information, you might know this if you are living in Chennai; we will be going there for a week in July. When I was living in Bangalore, I used to buy a few sarees by Sabyasachi and Satya Paul and i LOVE them. Now, I cant find them in Chennai. When I asked my mom-in-law where I can find them, she left me in Nalli's (first time) and Pothys (second time) and I pretty much got lost there and didn't buy anything for myself.

Now...to the question, where can I find Sabyasachi and Satya Paul sarees in Chennai? Anyone? Please...
Don't Sabyasachi and Satya Paul have a website ? Or at least an email contact? Try it, you may get the answer straight from the lion's mouth
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Don't Sabyasachi and Satya Paul have a website ? Or at least an email contact? Try it, you may get the answer straight from the lion's mouth
Contacted both...but their private stores are not in Chennai. Sabyasachi didnt have a store even in Hyderabad or Bangalore but other small boutiques carried them. So, I will need to find a place where they carry their products in Chennai.

As for calling them, I left a message and awaiting their call back.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Well, normally there are stores that carry all the big designer labels... there was one near my place in Delhi... was called Standard's or something... had all those superexpensive stuffs. You wont find ads about these stores... they normally run on word of mouth and cater to very rich customers.

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Well, normally there are stores that carry all the big designer labels... there was one near my place in Delhi... was called Standard's or something... had all those superexpensive stuffs. You wont find ads about these stores... they normally run on word of mouth and cater to very rich customers.
By no means I am a rich customer . Chits, I am from a traditional family and I have a closet full of silk sarees not an occasion to wear such heavy sarees. That's when I got attracted to these two labels; I must say they exude such elegance that I totally fell in love with them.

In HYD there were couple of places, Meena Bazaar and Oorja's; so far I cant figure out where to get these in Chennai. And our word of mouth is limited to Pothy's or Nallis
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By no means I am a rich customer . Chits, I am from a traditional family and I have a closet full of silk sarees not an occasion to wear such heavy sarees. That's when I got attracted to these two labels; I must say they exude such elegance that I totally fell in love with them.

In HYD there were couple of places, Meena Bazaar and Oorja's; so far I cant figure out where to get these in Chennai. And our word of mouth is limited to Pothy's or Nallis
So you're just a compulsive buyer?? I think chennai definitely should have some great sareehouses... I know about Nalli... dont know about label stores... there must be some.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

If you order online and get it delivered at home and saree-falls willbe done before you get there when you are there get the blouses stitched and done. noh??

once one have experienced the fabric, colors and surface, one can choose right here on their website and order.

but may be I dont know how to pick sarees.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
If you order online and get it delivered at home and saree-falls willbe done before you get there when you are there get the blouses stitched and done. noh??

once one have experienced the fabric, colors and surface, one can choose right here on their website and order.

but may be I dont know how to pick sarees.
Yeah you dont...

The colors usually are different when you see it in picture to reality (yes, I tried once and was not happy with the result).
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post

There was one Ritu wears in GK-I market.
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I thought
You are going to ask about pickles.....
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
There was one Ritu wears in GK-I market.
There was one on MG road-1(not ring road but mehrauli gurgaon road)...which had all the top designers's boutiques... it was taken down by govt. for illegal construction... they shifted somewhere else... GK had other designer's showroom as well.

Old February 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Rakhi, Satya Paul has an outlet in Chennai. Here's the address and Phone #:

Satya Paul
Unit No. 213 Ampa Skywalk, Poonamalle High Road
Poonamalle High Road and Nelson Manickam Road, AminjiKarai ,Chennai,Tamilnadu,600029
India-044 4306 3509

It's listed on their website (under Store Locator)

Also, Sabyasachi has a store in Chennai (again listed on their Website)

Evoluzione
30, Khader Nawaz Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - 600 006
Phone: (044)-28333627.
Email:info@evolutionstore.com
shilpa@evolutionstore.com

Hope this helps :-)

Last edited by 28virgo; February 1st, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Rakhi, Satya Paul has an outlet in Chennai. Here's the address and Phone #:

Satya Paul
Unit No. 213 Ampa Skywalk, Poonamalle High Road
Poonamalle High Road and Nelson Manickam Road, AminjiKarai ,Chennai,Tamilnadu,600029
India-044 4306 3509

It's listed on their website (under Store Locator)

Also, Sabyasachi has a store in Chennai (again listed on their Website)

Evoluzione
30, Khader Nawaz Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - 600 006
Phone: (044)-28333627.
Email:info@evolutionstore.com
shilpa@evolutionstore.com

Hope this helps :-)
I cannot thank you enough for this. You made my day, thanks a ton!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

just curious, at what price they start?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
just curious, at what price they start?
Wow...someone is gonna give their wife/partner/GF a valentines day gift eh? Good good...

Satya Paul is a bit expensive; You will have sarees available from 5000 (INR) upwards but after you cross 10,000, you will have much selection. I am eying the below in red; when I touch it, i will see if I like the texture as much as I like the look of it.

http://www.satyapaul.com/satyapaul/s...1__17424_13452

Sabyasachi is relatively less expensive but you might still find MOST of the sarees over 6000 upwards. I am not sure of the price (emailed them for it) but I loved the below yellow saree with product code: PIASM09111001

http://piakaghar.com/showcase-2.html#