eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old December 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Re: newpassport in lieu of damaged passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
10 working days for application to arrive in Delhi ? Why dont the embassy people repair the scanners if they cant replace it
Or is it that the people in Delhi dont trust their colleagues in USA and dont start the process till they see the physical application on their table.
Since you know so much about the internal workings of the passport office and embassy people pray tell us why does it take 10 days for the application to reach Delhi oh you said 10 working days.

He is talking about living in Uganda or Somalia.

Last edited by krantikari; December 1st, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
10 working days for application to arrive in Delhi ? Why dont the embassy people repair the scanners if they cant replace it
Or is it that the people in Delhi dont trust their colleagues in USA and dont start the process till they see the physical application on their table.
Since you know so much about the internal workings of the passport office and embassy people pray tell us why does it take 10 days for the application to reach Delhi oh you said 10 working days.

In the world of corrupt Babudom ... this is a good policy. Can you open a bank account without physical presentation of original documentation for identification ... so why should you expect them to issue you a passport based on scanners and photocopies and fax machines? Better to be safe than sorry. We know so little. Kranti is the final authority cause he knows everything there is and has ever been there to know. He ought to be extremely smart cause he lives in the US. We are mere Indians, desis living in US are smarter than rest of us. And don't you dare argue about this fact.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Kranti is the final authority
ppl of vainglorioland size up the dimensions of their noodles by the length of their Ptak a vejce.

Is cuma liom sa diabhal

i just stated my experience with indian embassy at SFO eikel !!

Last edited by krantikari; December 1st, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 03:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

BKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond repute

guys..jsut received my New Passport last month...

last passport was from Houston....applied in Japan (bloody Japan Indian embassy wanted to keep my Old passport which was still valid..but only One page left for VISA..that was the reason I had to get new Passport -Needed one more new VISA for korea).

I refused to give my Old passport to them (which was still valid)..in case of emergency and Had to go to India in October...

There was one kid (from Delhi)..who couldn't speak english..they were trying to keep his Passport(still valid) and asking him that it(new Passport) may come in 6 months..I had to force the Embassy lady not to keep his valid passport and give him until he gets new one (we can apply renewal withing 6 months of expiry)....

now when I checked with counsular..he was at least nice to advise the procedure (Once I showed him my Old Govt desiganations/contacts)...that Boss..we will need to send to Houston (first step) they will verify your US credentials..then will need to send to Delhi (once cleared from Houston)..for final verification of India (bullshit) and
that new Scannable passport is not printed in Japan..it will be printed in Delhi and mailed to japan...

I visited 4 more countires within tOct/Nov months (lucky not to give them my old passport..which I was renewing; so more VISAs can be pasted) (no more addition of pages on old passport)

totally took 6 weeks....

Even the US credit cards reach here in two days

So was writing my experience....other Embassies might be working differently.

Last passport (in Houston I got in 5 hrs ..same day..in person)

and believe me this is my 5th passport...Two Sarkari and 3 Personal.....

Last edited by BKN; December 2nd, 2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Junior eCharchan

LifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond reputeLifeBuoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKN View Post
totally took 6 weeks....

So was writing my experience....other Embassies might be working differently.

Last passport (in Houston I got in 5 hrs ..same day..in person)

and believe me this is my 5th passport...Two Sarkari and 3 Personal.....
5th passport? cool. I am holding 3rd one now, embassy ppeoople warned me not to loose it again else they will take away my right to hold indian passport. you might want to be careful.

i received mine in 2 weeks (DC embassy)
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Phone the SF Consulate. They are pretty sensitive to such issues and will help you. I have had good experience with them always.

Here is their site http://www.cgisf.org/
I actually applied for my 5 year old's passport (renewal) in August via VFS to the same consulate. Apparently it is still under process. I cannot get through them. In case i call them i get the message that the number is busy and i should call later and then i get disconnected.

His passport was valid till Nov 29 last year. THat is also with the consulate now.

Has anybody actually managed to talk to them?

When i call VFS, they say they cannot do anything. What is the notmal time taken for the passport renewal i.e. a fresh passport after your old one expires. I had heard of cases where it takes a couple of days or weeks.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Govt is issuing machine readable passport and the booklets are sent from Delhi once the application for fresh or damaged passport reaches there,(not sure about renevals or additional booklets) hence the delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I actually applied for my 5 year old's passport (renewal) in August via VFS to the same consulate. Apparently it is still under process. I cannot get through them. In case i call them i get the message that the number is busy and i should call later and then i get disconnected.

His passport was valid till Nov 29 last year. THat is also with the consulate now.

When i call VFS, they say they cannot do anything. What is the notmal time taken for the passport renewal i.e. a fresh passport after your old one expires. I had heard of cases where it takes a couple of days or weeks.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post

I have managed to talk to them - but that was long back.If you call them,you won't ever be able to get anybody online.
I had to submit a feedback - that sent an email to higher ups.They called me immediately after submitting feedback.I suggested the same thing to one other person who was unable to talk to them and it worked for him as well.

I see that website has changed now.Have you tried using contact us link on the new website?if not,try using that link and leave your phone number in the message.Let me know how it goes.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:48 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I have managed to talk to them - but that was long back.If you call them,you won't ever be able to get anybody online.
I had to submit a feedback - that sent an email to higher ups.They called me immediately after submitting feedback.I suggested the same thing to one other person who was unable to talk to them and it worked for him as well.

I see that website has changed now.Have you tried using contact us link on the new website?if not,try using that link and leave your phone number in the message.Let me know how it goes.
I have tried the contact us link and sent a couple of messages using that. No avail so far. Will keep trying anyway.