eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
rahulpsharma rahulpsharma is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,985
rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I am not so sure the scale would be this much. our economy is royally fucked up at the moment. that contributes to the price rise that oil companies want as well... so while deregulation causes the price increase, other factors control the scale.

I am a little surprised you are so calm about it. Another blind and rich congressi fan it seems.
The economy is in a mess.... Yes it is.... There is no infrastructure to widen the supply side pressures..... And when FDIs are coming in to invest and create one, its the BJP walas who are most confused about supporting them.... They'll come but after 2014.... But for next two years, live with the lowest stock exchange, high inflations, high fuel prices, weak rupee and aam-baniyas paying nothing for the taxes....!!! And its no secret who supports these aam-baniyas....!! Yes, this nation has about 900 billion Dollars worth of Gold but am sure not even a cent would have been paid towards taxes....!! But no, we must focus on corruption....!! That's the main issue... Infact, corruption of higher ups, to be precise, not of aam-baniyas....!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Dead On Arrival's Avatar
Dead On Arrival Dead On Arrival is offline
Love Saneless
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,489
Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I am not so sure the scale would be this much. our economy is royally fucked up at the moment. that contributes to the price rise that oil companies want as well... so while deregulation causes the price increase, other factors control the scale.

I am a little surprised you are so calm about it. Another blind and rich congressi fan it seems.
C'mon.. Congress and Sonia is not to be blamed for everything.. It's just not Indian Economy that has taken a hit.. and am sure you know that..!
Falling Rupees.. Increase in the cost of crude oil.. negligible fuel substitute.. Lot of factors..!

Plus.. what do you expect Govt to do? Inject some more money to control the prices?! Would it be a good policy decision?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
The economy is in a mess.... Yes it is.... There is no infrastructure to widen the supply side pressures..... And when FDIs are coming in to invest and create one, its the BJP walas who are most confused about supporting them.... They'll come but after 2014.... But for next two years, live with the lowest stock exchange, high inflations, high fuel prices, weak rupee and aam-baniyas paying nothing for the taxes....!!! And its no secret who supports these aam-baniyas....!! Yes, this nation has about 900 billion Dollars worth of Gold but am sure not even a cent would have been paid towards taxes....!! But no, we must focus on corruption....!! That's the main issue... Infact, corruption of higher ups, to be precise, not of aam-baniyas....!!
how does it matter if BJP is confused? With retrospective taxation, sitting on decisions about FDI in airlines type policies the government scares FDIs more than what the oppositions attitude is. 900 billion dollars worth of gold and baniyas paying or not paying taxes situation has not changed enough to impact economy. THIS GOVERNMENT is to blame. Whether you and I focus on corruption or not, it makes no frigging difference to the likes of MMS and pranab. That doesnt change their attitude, their policies one bit.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
rahulpsharma rahulpsharma is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,985
rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I dont profess to be an expert in the area. What I do know however is that in the last 2-3 years specifically, the central governments performance is a major reason for the economy fucking up so badly and rupee going down into drain. The taxes situation has not really worsoned - in fact given that petrol prices are deregulated, the government should have money in lieu of subsidy. It should have improved the situation. There are obviously global factors that impact us. We could do much much better despite global factors though - if only we have better people running the country.
The only better people are Robots, not Indians....

And I think we had a nice long discussion on that, over phone the other day....!! So I wont repeat that again.... No one even knows how many people live in this country.... Is it 125 crores or 150 or 200 or even 250....!!! How can you ever implement any kind of a policy, in first place....!!! You just dont have the right statistics to do so....!! The tax situation is reallllly worse.... Tax targets have not been met in last two years... Fiscal deficit target of 4% has remained a distant dream.... Parties are happy engaging the masses in senseless debates....!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Dead On Arrival's Avatar
Dead On Arrival Dead On Arrival is offline
Love Saneless
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,489
Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
The economy is in a mess.... Yes it is.... There is no infrastructure to widen the supply side pressures..... And when FDIs are coming in to invest and create one, its the BJP walas who are most confused about supporting them.... They'll come but after 2014.... But for next two years, live with the lowest stock exchange, high inflations, high fuel prices, weak rupee and aam-baniyas paying nothing for the taxes....!!! And its no secret who supports these aam-baniyas....!! Yes, this nation has about 900 billion Dollars worth of Gold but am sure not even a cent would have been paid towards taxes....!! But no, we must focus on corruption....!! That's the main issue... Infact, corruption of higher ups, to be precise, not of aam-baniyas....!!
BJP has been the worst opposition ever.. Have stalled loads of progressive policies.. And I bet.. they will pass the same policies when they come in power and then call themselves a progressive party!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
rahulpsharma rahulpsharma is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,985
rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
how does it matter if BJP is confused? With retrospective taxation, sitting on decisions about FDI in airlines type policies the government scares FDIs more than what the oppositions attitude is. 900 billion dollars worth of gold and baniyas paying or not paying taxes situation has not changed enough to impact economy. THIS GOVERNMENT is to blame. Whether you and I focus on corruption or not, it makes no frigging difference to the likes of MMS and pranab. That doesnt change their attitude, their policies one bit.
Dont forget that Congress doesnt have an absolute majority....!!! Had BJP decided to tactically support the Congress on FDI, I am sure, the Rupee would have been pretty strong.... It would have also lessened the time of development of Infra.... FDI in retail is sure to happen but now it will be delayed by some three four years....!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead On Arrival View Post
C'mon.. Congress and Sonia is not to be blamed for everything.. It's just not Indian Economy that has taken a hit.. and am sure you know that..!
Falling Rupees.. Increase in the cost of crude oil.. negligible fuel substitute.. Lot of factors..!

Plus.. what do you expect Govt to do? Inject some more money to control the prices?! Would it be a good policy decision?
here is atleast what I expect the govt to do - 1) NOT sit on important decisions because there are elections in the country and CONGRESS would suffer. This hike could have been doled out in smaller installments giving more time for the people of the country to adjust.
2) Take care of the fucking economy. While the world was in doldrums our economy was still growing to the tune of 7%. That is a very big advantage that has been frittered away.

The US economy is in real bad shape with people having talked about a double dip recessions as early as last year and yet Rupee slides against the dollar today.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
rahulpsharma rahulpsharma is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,985
rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
how does it matter if BJP is confused? With retrospective taxation, sitting on decisions about FDI in airlines type policies the government scares FDIs more than what the oppositions attitude is. 900 billion dollars worth of gold and baniyas paying or not paying taxes situation has not changed enough to impact economy. THIS GOVERNMENT is to blame. Whether you and I focus on corruption or not, it makes no frigging difference to the likes of MMS and pranab. That doesnt change their attitude, their policies one bit.
Seems your caps lock is on....!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
rahulpsharma rahulpsharma is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,985
rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
here is atleast what I expect the govt to do - 1) NOT sit on important decisions because there are elections in the country and CONGRESS would suffer. This hike could have been doled out in smaller installments giving more time for the people of the country to adjust.
2) Take care of the fucking economy. While the world was in doldrums our economy was still growing to the tune of 7%. That is a very big advantage that has been frittered away.

The US economy is in real bad shape with people having talked about a double dip recessions as early as last year and yet Rupee slides against the dollar today.
That's why the Govt. hiked the petrol prices in accordance with the rupee slide....!!!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Dead On Arrival's Avatar
Dead On Arrival Dead On Arrival is offline
Love Saneless
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,489
Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
here is atleast what I expect the govt to do - 1) NOT sit on important decisions because there are elections in the country and CONGRESS would suffer. This hike could have been doled out in smaller installments giving more time for the people of the country to adjust.
2) Take care of the fucking economy. While the world was in doldrums our economy was still growing to the tune of 7%. That is a very big advantage that has been frittered away.

The US economy is in real bad shape with people having talked about a double dip recessions as early as last year and yet Rupee slides against the dollar today.
If Congress was soo worried about the elections.. would the increase have been so steep?! Nobody is happy and like you.. cursing the govt.. so its not really a win-win situation for them..!

We dont have a data here to decide upon the policy.. But if there is such a hike.. that implies that there mustn't have been much option..

In UK.. whats the cost? If u adjust it to Indian Rs??
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
The only better people are Robots, not Indians....

And I think we had a nice long discussion on that, over phone the other day....!! So I wont repeat that again.... No one even knows how many people live in this country.... Is it 125 crores or 150 or 200 or even 250....!!! How can you ever implement any kind of a policy, in first place....!!! You just dont have the right statistics to do so....!! The tax situation is reallllly worse.... Tax targets have not been met in last two years... Fiscal deficit target of 4% has remained a distant dream.... Parties are happy engaging the masses in senseless debates....!!!

boss everything doesnt have to start right from scratch. how much our population is and statistics etc are important things but we have had those issues all these years. Why the sudden degradation now? Tax targets have not been met - you would blame aam adami for that and yet even recently government policies about who controls transactions and how have encouraged more and more black money. You might defend this government all you want but you cant deny that it is rubbish!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead On Arrival View Post
If Congress was soo worried about the elections.. would the increase have been so steep?! Nobody is happy and like you.. cursing the govt.. so its not really a win-win situation for them..!

We dont have a data here to decide upon the policy.. But if there is such a hike.. that implies that there mustn't have been much option..

In UK.. whats the cost? If u adjust it to Indian Rs??
tell me then madam, why werent prices increased before now in installments? Why has the govt been sitting on this decision?

look at it the other way - where/which is the most recent planned election in the near future?

instead of comparing the cost in UK with Cost in India as a like for like, compare how much the increase has been in % in the last 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Dead On Arrival's Avatar
Dead On Arrival Dead On Arrival is offline
Love Saneless
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,489
Dead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond reputeDead On Arrival has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
You might defend this government all you want but you cant deny that it is rubbish!
What is rubbish? Adjusting the fuel price basis other economic factors?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
That's why the Govt. hiked the petrol prices in accordance with the rupee slide....!!!
after sleeping on it for months!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,173
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petrol Price game- going to increase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead On Arrival View Post
What is rubbish? Adjusting the fuel price basis other economic factors?
the government.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goa to reduce petrol price by Rs.11 swami Taaza Khabar - Current news 5 April 19th, 2012 02:12 AM
Petrol price hike after the UP elections ? swami Indian Politics 3 February 22nd, 2012 05:58 AM
Detail break-up of the final price of petrol marvelous Economy 0 June 6th, 2008 09:16 AM
Petrol price in your Local Area - JAN 22, 2008 Laddan Economy 13 March 20th, 2008 01:39 AM
Petrol price reduced by 30% Guy4mheaven Economy 8 May 1st, 2006 09:10 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.