eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Literary > Book reviews

Notices

Book reviews Write up a review of a book you read recently, be it fiction, non-fiction or even technical

Old August 27th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

bannanababble has a spectacular aura aboutbannanababble has a spectacular aura aboutbannanababble has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Life..love..kumbh.. A complete review

I completed the reading of the book life..love..kumbh.. by Kala, the rains helping me to this cause!! It was a wonderful experience to go through this book. To review a book of such magnitude is a tough task, but I will try my best in this write-up of mine.
Firstly the background the writer chooses; the Kumbh Fair at Haridwar, puts the reader in a perspective of spirituality and religiosity.But as the story progress and the three main characters cross each other's path, we come across their humane needs for love, passions, togetherness and the need to grow creatively in and through the social climate that surrounds them.The author delves deep into the philosophical times and then proceeds to examine various world thoughts with regard to religion, love, passions, caste, and even the creative needs of the various protagonists.
The story unfolds in a day before the actual kumbh bath on 13 jan 2010. The city of Haridwar is all decked up for the first of the many Kumbh baths. It is on this day that Agastaya, Aditi and Annant, cross each other's path and get entwined in each other's life in such a way that the destiny throws them together. In between we see various other protagonists like Sameer a doctor and cousin of Annant, Jorden a Jew from London, Minnie, the love interest of Annant and the yogi Ekaba, join the three main actors and unfold a story of epic proportions.
Written in a very lucid and inventive style, Kala, uses a plethora of references from the Greek mythology,Eastern and western philosophy and Hindu mythology to create a magical atmosphere which leaves a wonderful feel and gives us hope for the future.
Kala, examines the historicity of our country and boots of calling India Bharat Mata, to solve all the current problems. he calls the country a civilization and bewares the west about the power of knowledge and peace. Through the writings the author examines the capitalism that is entering in our country and then goes on to look deep into the role and challenges that the new generation would face with the impending rule of the markets. He bats for creativity rather than market leading the world of Arts.
Kala uses humor, sometimes dark, to tell his tale of love and passions.
Last and not the least Kala, lays a new benchmark for the indian writing in english and gives us hope in future that we can have good writers coming in this hour of need. No longer can we be reading the trash that has been served in the name of literature and writings. Chetan and Amish would have now pull up their sicks and work on their writings rather than bollywoodising the world of books.
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Life..love..kumbh.. A complete review

Forget the past and love the present.

Next Kumbh is in Allahabad in Feb 2013. Post something on kumbh 2013 so that members can benefit of it.
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Junior eCharchan

bannanababble has a spectacular aura aboutbannanababble has a spectacular aura aboutbannanababble has a spectacular aura about

dear mukesh bhai, i posted the book review bcoz i thought it was relevent and topical. am new in this site, henceforth would keep it in mind. But i was sincere in my approach, please understand. Soon I would be posting some useful bits for our members, i hope all members are patient with me...thnks
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannanababble View Post
...thnks
Who is Nana Babble and why do you want to ban him?
Old August 30th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

You should have continued in this thread-

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...320#post606320
Old August 30th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
You should have continued in this thread-

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...320#post606320
Nothing seems to be offensive in other thread. It seems he tried to post some link for advertisement.