eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Best Employer ranking

I stumbled upon this site: http://www.universumglobal.com/ (Universum Global). This company surveys job seekers to evaluate Employer Branding. They have got the Top 50 lists for each country.

Here's the list of Top 50 Global Employer Ranking: http://www.universumglobal.com/IDEAL.../Global-Top-50

It's not surprising to find GOOGLE on top of the list.

I went to individual country rankings. When I went to India, I was shocked! There is not a single Indian company on the list. No Infosys, Wipro, No Tata, No Reliance, nothing. They surveyed 11,000 students, which is not a small sample.

I looked at the China survey and found more than half the companies on the list were Chinese. Clearly, American companies dominated the list across the world, followed by Japanese companies.

The question is - Do Indian companies have a fetish for foreign companies or is it a fact that Foreign companies are better employers than Indian ones?

IMO, Indian companies are horrible employers. They have a long way to go to become a truly world class employer and drawing world class talent.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:42 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best Employer ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
No Infosys, Wipro, No Tata, No Reliance, nothing. They surveyed 11,000 students, which is not a small sample.
This is not a surprise.. Infy wipro tcs and all are govt companies in the garb of MNCs. This is because desi companies have desis working and managing them.. they have the typical desi attitude of "while you work for them you are shit and as soon as you send in resignation you are the best employee, we can't afford to lose you."

Given a chance any employee from any of the desi companies will shift to an american employer any day.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

My brother in law works for an Indian company and he hates it. Apparently he had called in sick one day when my nephew was very sick. Just one day he called in sick out of 8 days he was allotted and it went against his performance review. When asked, he was told that he cannot take a personal day off without notice. He has many bad things to say and he is seriously considering shifting to an American based company, even though he is getting paid very good.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Indian companies have too much red tape and are mired in stupid bureaucratic ways. Part of the reason is that Indian employees are also abusive of the system to the extent that employers need to have stupid rules in place. So I feel both employees and employers play a part in Indian companies not being on the list.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
My brother in law works for an Indian company and he hates it. Apparently he had called in sick one day when my nephew was very sick. Just one day he called in sick out of 8 days he was allotted and it went against his performance review. When asked, he was told that he cannot take a personal day off without notice. He has many bad things to say and he is seriously considering shifting to an American based company, even though he is getting paid very good.
That can happen in any company since that attitude is reflective of an individual and not of an organization .
In American companies also, there are Indians/Non-Indians with a clumsy attitude .
I think main attraction of American companies is America i.e. quality of life and earning in dollar.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Part of the reason is that Indian employees are also abusive of the system to the extent that employers need to have stupid rules in place. So I feel both employees and employers play a part in Indian companies not being on the list.
These stupid rules used to irk me so much while working for desi company.

The company people told me I must have my passport delivered to them in Pune after visa stamping and come from Mumbai to Pune pick it up. I gave them a warning that holding my passport this way is illegal and a criminal offence. They retorted back saying people have previously lost their passports after stamping and it affected their billing since the employee was thus late in joining the project at onsite (USA/UK). They even said if I don't obey they will stop my pay checks.

who the f are these morons losing their passports?

I eventually quit the company months later and joined an american employer. While with the desi company I became quite famous for challenging the rules and giving it back to the HR and other admin people.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 17th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
These stupid rules used to irk me so much while working for desi company.

The company people told me I must have my passport delivered to them in Pune after visa stamping and come from Mumbai to Pune pick it up. I gave them a warning that holding my passport this way is illegal and a criminal offence. They retorted back saying people have previously lost their passports after stamping and it affected their billing since the employee was thus late in joining the project at onsite (USA/UK). They even said if I don't obey they will stop my pay checks.

who the f are these morons losing their passports?

I eventually quit the company months later and joined an american employer. While with the desi company I became quite famous for challenging the rules and giving it back to the HR and other admin people.
typical India cos.they act like a god if they are sending you on a project in USA.Most of the guys who are dying to go to usa,do whatever they ask them to do,no questions asked.But this play doesnt work for a person who is either not much interested in US based projects or has been to USA too many times..
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Oh some day I will share my experience of now working with 'desis' in 'desh'

Fuck.... for starters I can say that thank God I learnt work ethics in the USA early on.... desis are the mot in-disciplined fellows!!
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Oh some day I will share my experience of now working with 'desis' in 'desh'

Fuck.... for starters I can say that thank God I learnt work ethics in the USA early on.... desis are the mot in-disciplined fellows!!
Soon you will become one too..just give it time. When in Rome, be a Roman; rather, when in India, be an Indian...if you want to hold on to your job.