eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old July 16th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Delayed Joining at work!

Hello All,

I have just completed my MBA in Marketing from the University of Pune.
In November last year (2012), in an open campus placement drive, I got recruited by ICICI Securities for their Mumbai location.
On my offer letter, they've mentioned a joining period from April 2013 - August 2013.

I completed my course in May, now even the results are out and I've passed with First Class with distinction.

Thus far, I haven't received any communication from them, apart from just one email to notify me about a change in the coordinating personnel.

I have called them several times myself and said, I'm getting worried. Is this offer letter valid? When can I expect a call? etc.
Everytime, I get the same response - Don't worry. Since you have an offer letter, we will respect your recruitment and we will intimate you 15 days in advance of your joining. For some reason, we have delayed the on-boarding process, hence the delay.

As a result, since May, I've been sitting at home, doing pretty much nothing. Have been giving interviews elsewhere, but unfortunately, either the Brand names aren't good enough, of the job profile is shitty or the salary is just not upto the mark.

Has this ever happened to you?
What should I do in such a situation?
I don't want to call ICICI people everyday and harass them, lest, they make my employment void. I have been calling them on a rather regular basis and making my worries/presence felt.

However, It is getting really annoying to just wait for that bloody email or phone call.

Should I just NOT be hopeful about them and look elsewhere vehemently? Should I just maybe, settle for a mediocre job elsewhere?
Help. Please.
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Delayed Joining at work!

I think you will do well to keep searching for another job.This thing happens to a lot of people. Find a job to your liking and join it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I think you will do well to keep searching for another job.This thing happens to a lot of people. Find a job to your liking and join it.
I know. I was anyway treating it as a fallback option. Now, I guess I will move on.
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

If they want to reject they will do it right-on.I remember how avaya showed me the way out just after 2008 economic crisis.i was selected in campus after doing so many jugaads
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

First of all congratulation on your success.

You should look for some other job but keep pursuing the bank also.

After you get employed, file a complain against the bank under "Deficiency in Service" and ask for the compensation. For that it is necessary that you keep all the records and proof of communication with the bank.

Wish you best of luck
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the completion of your MBA!

Did anyone else along with you got selected at the campus recruitment with ICICI? Are they also in the same predicament?

If yes, I would start looking for a different job, like you are already doing. Good luck.

P.S: Goldman Sachs in Bangalore I believe is hiring right now.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww ... do not worry. Life was never easy :sigh:
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
On my offer letter, they've mentioned a joining period from April 2013 - August 2013.
Arey baba AliBaba. Why dont you focus on the joining period. They have left themselves a room in your offer letter to call you even in August. It is still time. If you dont get a call by 31.Aug.13 then it is a cause for worry.

If I were you, I would take up a job not worrying too much about the employers brand value. What value I'd be adding to my resume is what would have been on the top of my mind. If the employer is not a highly branded one, you can abscond from the job and continue with ICICI as and when they call you. In the worst case if ICICI does not call you at all, you can continue with the non-branded employment and make a switch later.

You want to work for a living and not for glamour, so for now any job should be welcome as long as the pay is not too bad and you dont have to work in places like Antop Hill or Dharavi if you are in Mumbai. You should also be prepared to move out of your comfort zone in Mumbai and work in Begusarai if required.

All the best!

Last edited by viking; July 17th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Never seen an offer letter with 4 or 5 months joining period. Is this your 1st job?

Do look for another job full-throttle. That wont harm you anyway. That will help you realize your worth too.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

arre alibaba.. bahut saalo ke baad waapis aaya.. welcome back dude.

I suggest get a job in apparel retail marketing.. within 3-4 years you can be earning 12-15L per annum.. One of my friends did just that.. saala we IT/engineer folks struggle to make 10-12L after 7-8 years of working.

look for a job and start something on the side as soon as you become comfortable.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
arre alibaba.. bahut saalo ke baad waapis aaya.. welcome back dude.

I suggest get a job in apparel retail marketing.. within 3-4 years you can be earning 12-15L per annum.. One of my friends did just that.. saala we IT/engineer folks struggle to make 10-12L after 7-8 years of working.

look for a job and start something on the side as soon as you become comfortable.
some institutes are selling fancy degrees like retail management with campus placements in pantaloons and future group..and trust me the salaries are not so attractive.MBAs are like locusts these days unless you are from a highly reputed institute.
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
some institutes are selling fancy degrees like retail management with campus placements in pantaloons and future group..and trust me the salaries are not so attractive.MBAs are like locusts these days unless you are from a highly reputed institute.
yeah those ones may be shady.. but MBA from a decent school and a well rounded personality will still help you make a good career.
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
yeah those ones may be shady.. but MBA from a decent school and a well rounded personality will still help you make a good career.
no those institutes are reputed.the start salary is awesome.but the growth is very limited.and being MBA in retail management really narrows their stream down.
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Alibaba kya aapne pehle BBA kiya tha?
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Super eCharchan

Some friends are suggesting me to do MS as well and I am like please , no way. I am happy with my life. I do not want to study any further.