eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Husband Day Dillema

I have particularly noticed during last couple of years that more and more men have started fasting along with their better half on the special occasion of Husband Day aka Karva Chauth. In my circle I know few such guys... whose explanations are --

1. Yaar, If I fast, she remains happy throughout the year and then I can do whatever I feel like. He is a big time flirt and enjoy beauties around him just like any other normal guy

2. Yaar, I lie to her that I am on fast.. I take a good meal during office hour. Mai bhi khush aur woh bhi khush.

3. Yaar, She is on fast just because of wellness of me. I also feel I should reciprocate the love and respect. (And this guy doesn't leave any chance keep eye on any other girl)

Nothing wrong in it as long as it remains within the couple. But it has started spreading in the society ... specially media highlights this trend... where ladies debate on why should I fast alone, why cant my husband ???
Wow such a lovely husband.. yada yada yada !!!!

On this particular day, when husband gets back to home on time for karwa chauth closing ceremony , he is also told stories about other husbands who are on fast with their wife and thus such a true love. And the question comes in the mind --- Do I have to fast to prove my love/respect ? I know how pure could be the intention of these loving husband based on three example above... Why I need to perform such drama ?

Same goes for ladies. Why fast ??? But I don't want to contradict any tradition/culture... So I respect that.

But Thankfully, I had already cleared the air in the beginning by mentioning that I cant live without eating.

But IMO, this trend is gradually creating a demand in women's mind for husbands to fast too.

What are your views ? Are you fasting today to express your pure love for your wife ?
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Husband Day Dillema

I think the whole premise of karva-chauth, as observed today, is wrong. From an anthropological and/or sociological viewpoint, this ceremony started because of the way widows were treated in India. No woman wanted to become a widow because of their miserable status. So they started praying that their husbands get a longer life... that they die before their husbands. This, of course, changed over a period of time and became more of a ritual... and eventually a frivolity. Why because, when the original viewpoint is applied, husbands observing this fast for their wife's long life is completely in contrast to the original desire for this fast.

Note, I respect the original desire for this fast... but with improvements in social life, especially with trends to move west and become independent, this ritual is a fake one and should be abolished.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
I have particularly noticed during last couple of years that more and more men have started fasting along with their better half on the special occasion of Husband Day aka Karva Chauth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I think the whole premise of karva-chauth, as observed today, is wrong.
Happy Hubbies' Day! Hope you get lots of lovin' from wifey dear.

"Love makes the world go 'round," some wise soul had said.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Ya I am fasting today. Because , I want to lose weight ( I am not fat , Mind You ) and look sexy . Also, when in evening all the friends get toghether, I get some extra attention from all the friends wives and they all go Wow ! dirty such a great husband. ....Blah blah blah .....

While the guys throw daggers at me , the girls are blowing me kisses....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Trending Re: Husband Day Dillema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I think the whole premise of karva-chauth, as observed today, is wrong. From an anthropological and/or sociological viewpoint, this ceremony started because of the way widows were treated in India. No woman wanted to become a widow because of their miserable status. So they started praying that their husbands get a longer life... that they die before their husbands. This, of course, changed over a period of time and became more of a ritual... and eventually a frivolity. Why because, when the original viewpoint is applied, husbands observing this fast for their wife's long life is completely in contrast to the original desire for this fast.

Note, I respect the original desire for this fast... but with improvements in social life, especially with trends to move west and become independent, this ritual is a fake one and should be abolished.
where the F did you learn that? now southies will tell us about karva chauth? that too some made up BS.. please learn your facts first.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Women bullshit a lot ... if they really prayed for husband's long life ... if they truly prayed ... why do husbands almost always die before wives? Heyn ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:40 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it ! It was over my head.............. I am not doing it next time. ...............

Moon came out at 10:30 at night.......
Most men were fasting so I was not special ........

I remained hungry for nothing ..............

Another scam karva chauth.........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Damn it ! It was over my head.............. I am not doing it next time. ...............

Moon came out at 10:30 at night.......
Most men were fasting so I was not special ........

I remained hungry for nothing ..............

Another scam karva chauth.........

You deserved this....
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
where the F did you learn that? now southies will tell us about karva chauth? that too some made up BS.. please learn your facts first.
Why tf do you need to learn common sense Bas isi cheez ki kami hai nahi toh waise bhi bhaiya logon ko akalmand keh sakte hai

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Junior eCharchan

satyam41 is on a distinguished road

There is a science behind this day. You know why women celebrate Karva Chauth when climate change? When climate change we need to also change our diet that's why women took fast but eat healthy food instead to replace diet. So next time when your wife do this you know what you have to say to her.
Old June 17th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyam41 View Post
There is a science behind this day. You know why women celebrate Karva Chauth when climate change? When climate change we need to also change our diet that's why women took fast but eat healthy food instead to replace diet. So next time when your wife do this you know what you have to say to her.
Well,... raaz ki baat toh yeh hai ki,.. ( btw,.. andar ki baat hai,. kaan me kaheta hun,. khanagi rakhna ! ) women eat 'karwa', taaki we apne pati parmeshwar par, aane waale dino mein, aur bhi karwa ho shake !

And, btw,.. Chand pe bhi toh daag hai,.. chand bhi tog doghla and dau-chaal waala dau-rangi haii,.... Dau majhab ka, be-chaal hai,.. Hindus ka bhi hai,.. Musleem ka bhi hai,.. ( Ed bhi meri, karwa chauth bhi meri ) toh, pooja kar ke request karne ka toh banta hi hai,... Khain meer Pati ko bhi apni tarah bigaad naa dewe,.. varna,.. mohale waali padosh ki iina, meena aur Seeta , Geeta bas vaat dekh ke hi bethi hoti hai !

Hai ki nahin ! Yes? No? May be so ? Khair,.. Jo bhi ho !

...gar Sardaar khush huaa,... toh, Thoko taali !
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post

...gar Sardaar khush huaa,... toh, Thoko taali !
Arey kuch samajh aaye tho thokenge taali... saala tum kya bol rahe ho kuch samajh nahi aaya... hum taali kaise thoke

Old June 17th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Aare bhai,Ö kabhi-kabhaar kuchh chhod bhi toh kiya karo ! zaroori nahin hota, ki har baat pani samaz meiin aahe yi aaye !
ĎCoz, when you assume and pre-determine that, you always consider is your self complete, and no one is. No one is perfect.
We all are on a learning curves. One bank of a high-tide always makes the other-bank of low tide. One sied is always missing, whether you or me ! You just canít se both the sides of a chand in a single look,.. and itsí impossible to get rid of the blind-spots by that carís rear-view mirror arranging !
Kayi-kayi, baat kayi-kuchh forum pe, muje bhi toh samaz mein nahin aati,.. kya karein ! It happens.
If all the directors could had made the movies for all the classes of audiences, were not all the movies super-hit ? But NO. It always favors and lacks certain class of audiences, per their mental strata, caliber, ability, capability and understanding power and thatís where the words come from Ė classes v/s masses !