eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Today, I saw Kagemusha on Netflix instant streaming. It was an amazing movie by Akira Kurosawa, who is considered one of the worlds best directors. Definitely worth a watch. Highly recommend.
I was trying to 'upgrade' myself in terms of movie taste sometime back when i watched this. But, this one was painfully slow for me. i watched only a part of it.

I also watched a part of Bicycle Thief, but that seems to have gone off.

The highest i can hit is movies like 'Cinema Paradiso' and 'Being John Malkovich', both of which i watched on instant stream. Not sure if they are still around.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:27 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Bhaiiya, Kaun gaanv hai tera jo 20+ FTA channels aati hai?
Am able to watch Supperbowl Xvtoo using the antenna. (Actually first time during 4 years of stay)
Old February 2nd, 2014, 08:55 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know you can make a better than store HDTV antenna for about 20$ and a few hours of work with hand tools?

Here is how.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Powe...enna/?ALLSTEPS
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Croods, it was funny
Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
Did you know you can make a better than store HDTV antenna for about 20$ and a few hours of work with hand tools?

Here is how.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Powe...enna/?ALLSTEPS
I actually got my RCA antenna for $10 from the store and it shows HDTV quite well. Only, it sometimes fails to decode channels.
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

Aneeta has a spectacular aura aboutAneeta has a spectacular aura aboutAneeta has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I actually got my RCA antenna for $10 from the store and it shows HDTV quite well. Only, it sometimes fails to decode channels.
aare bhai,.. rather go to radioshack / Lowes / Home Depot and
buy smaller light weigt roof antenna for 19.99 to 24.99
http://www2.crutchfield.com.edgesuit...6592018-f.jpeg

and put it on house roof, attached to chimney, or you can put on your fence or in backyard with small post ( you can also hide in your roof attic, if you can do wiring to your TV or so and now due to the digital broad casting, you get all major local channels very well,...all HD like broadcast signals,.... those rabbit year on TV small toys are garbage,.... you can save all monthly paying fees to those garbage cables,..

For hollywood movies your local library in US keeps almost all new and old movies in many copies which you can order from their internet websites for free,..
For Hindi new movies,... you can go to web pages like sominaltvfilms or einthusan and they have dvd/bluray qlty all new hindi movies,.. or you can also buy a desi box like jadoo, Boom or so ( one time buying expense only ) ,.. to watch all desi serials for free ( By internet ) and for awards,... desi serials and say Big boss, or JDJ, Comedy nights with Kapil,.. etc,.... watch on net, with on india-forums or apnicommunity in HD quality of any show.

I just saw the Filmfare and Star screen guild awards,...

Last edited by Aneeta; February 5th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute

• Pulp Fiction.
  • A Fish called Wanda.
  • Hannibal.
  • The Score.
  • Hotel Rwanda
  • Devil
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

ENGLISH
  • Man from earth
  • Good bad and Ugly
KOREAN MOVIE
  • OLD BOY
  • I SAW THE DEVIL
JAPANESE
  • 13 Assassins
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneeta View Post
aare bhai,.. rather go to radioshack / Lowes / Home Depot and
buy smaller light weigt roof antenna for 19.99 to 24.99
http://www2.crutchfield.com.edgesuit...6592018-f.jpeg

and put it on house roof, attached to chimney, or you can put on your fence or in backyard with small post ( you can also hide in your roof attic, if you can do wiring to your TV or so and now due to the digital broad casting, you get all major local channels very well,...all HD like broadcast signals,.... those rabbit year on TV small toys are garbage,.... you can save all monthly paying fees to those garbage cables,..

For hollywood movies your local library in US keeps almost all new and old movies in many copies which you can order from their internet websites for free,..
For Hindi new movies,... you can go to web pages like sominaltvfilms or einthusan and they have dvd/bluray qlty all new hindi movies,.. or you can also buy a desi box like jadoo, Boom or so ( one time buying expense only ) ,.. to watch all desi serials for free ( By internet ) and for awards,... desi serials and say Big boss, or JDJ, Comedy nights with Kapil,.. etc,.... watch on net, with on india-forums or apnicommunity in HD quality of any show.

I just saw the Filmfare and Star screen guild awards,...
Kyon meri garibi ka mazak udate ho. I stay in an apartment, so no access to the chimney and no fence.

Why all the movies when there is so much entertainment in EC itself. Anyway, will check the desi box things.
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

yaar my suggestion is an indoor one..
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

Aneeta has a spectacular aura aboutAneeta has a spectacular aura aboutAneeta has a spectacular aura about

^^ indoor is a loss of quality,... and in this HDTV HiFi Fios time you are compromising watching the poorest qlty of TV with a rabbit ear antenna,... I prefer not to watch at all,.. rather,..

rather go to Homem Depot / Lowes/Radioshack and see if they have small advanced technology wall mounted small antennas
which you can rather put outside your apt. windows on wall, the very small ones,..and can get better signals.

Or,. here is one more idea,...

Hauppauge piece,.... and if you have better and biggest Computer monitor screen 24-27" ,... use it,....
it will scramble some signals from your cable-internet lines and will let you watch local TV channels on your PC.
It's pterry simple... I am using it..if it works you can surf around and by cheaper in e-bay or from any other store,.. ( No monthly fee to pay to any )

Buy from Radioshack,.. and if it does not work out
return within 30-60 days,... Give a try, within return policy,.. it's worth trying,..

https://www.google.com/#q=hauppauge+wintv-hvr-950q

read more about this piece,.. it's one end goes to your PC's usb drive port
and the other end you attach,.. to your internet /Antenna's co-axial cable,.. a software needed is very small comes with it,..and their toll free nos will assist you for any Qs and advices,...

If it works,.. you will be very pleased,.. especially My computer,... I always use with two screens,... so I always watch Tv, side by side on the other screen,.. while doing any internet acticity,...... no monthly charges needed to pay to any,...as you are using your internet wire, that you are alreday paying for the internet.
It's like using voip phones or camera and web chat / web call services, for which, no extra charge to be paid to any, if you dialed thro web,....using your internet.

Last edited by Aneeta; February 7th, 2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM

Aneeta rhymes with Antenna. Anyway, with the rabbit year antenna also, i am able to see NBC, ABC and CBS in HD quality. Fox news also comes well, though occasionally, it blacks out. But Super bowl was coming in fine HD quality.
I checked the Jadoo TV and saw a lot of negative reviews on that. Plus, if i put a bit more, i could actually buy a DELL vostro kind of a computer and connect it. For Boom IPTV, the site itself was not opening. what kind of a streaming will they give.
Old February 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Finished watching Pulp fiction yesterday. Wow, what a movie - Enjoyed watching it.

I started wondering, 'How come Sanjay Gupta has not copied it so far'

i watched Kill Bill 1/2 when Netflix's DVD and streaming were together for $9.99/month. So, will go for Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs next.
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

^^ There are 3-4 such boxes are available,..Jadoo, BTV, Boom, Zenith, Shava plus,.. and 1-2 english and other foreign ones,.. they cover many and major of say,... starplus, Star one, Sony, Color, animal, ZTV, aasthaa, aaj-taq,... etc etc
and I had done a detailed survey a 2 months ago and had finally had bought BOOM,.. ( price / coverage efficiency wise ) Initial costs about 220 around USD,.. Jaddoo I think is 170-185,.. BTV is 260+ - you need to search on ebay’s search box and find the right cheaper guy,…but again,.. give them call and ask anything you choose,…

Mind you,….. It’s just a box that just uses internet webs urls to convert them so that they can feed it to your TV/Monitor by proper scrambling,.. so it’s not their guarantee or responsibility what / which channels you may get, nor they are supplying you the channels like startv, Sony, Colors,... etc.,…. ( like Comcast or Verizon ) they may continue / discontinue any channel serial, add/omit which ythey always do,.. Etc,.. ( It’s like buying a magicjack piece and complaining them,.. that no one is calling me from India. Hello,.. all they do is make your PC's sound card, in compitable like regular phone service,...and whoever calls you or do not,... is not their responsibility,.. ) ) but overall they still have much coverage of all major desi channels, they take some legal/illegal contracts scans their web addresses and convert them at 720pixel and put for you to watch,…and scanning from major desi channels and provide max coverage possible,.. and also have HW and BW movies,… but still no one is a official supplier to you officially, of any broadcasts guaranteed or so,.

So before you buy any,.. do proper Ques/Ans about what you get,… also they go with jadoo2, 3 and more versions and smtms cancel the old model ones,.. etc,. so always a risk everywhere,..

You may also try these guys if it suits your needs,..

1-630-246-4788 ( Channel live )

1-866-663-7557 ( YUPPTV )

Or,..search surf and call,.. On their web ( Jadoo, BTV, BOOM, Shava plus ) they have tons of dealers phone nos to bargain,..or for questionnaire )

Bomiptv.net, support@boomiptv.com

Boom: 845-290-8883, 713-781-2666, 832-441-2675

BTV : 610-955-7987, 702-425-4288,877-762-5432

Few other guys to inquire
for price and all diff models,. Etc,..
703-928-9082, 647-498-3001,

Goggle search for BOOM TV, B-TV, Jadoo,.. Zenith, Shava Plus,.. and ask them the benefits/disadv. v/s price.

Best thing would be searchbox them in ebay’s search box and call the dealers on their phone nos,…ask them and discuss all diff boxes, price, pros and cons,..

But at present these three/four are main boxes used,.

So many other obseleted,../ merged / renamed. - they do some legal/illegal stealing of certain broadcasts to offer to their customers, smtms out of their contract bought and then,... the box discontinues, goes lawsuits,..again comes out with new a name,...

Jadoo, BTV ( B-TV ) , Shava plus, Zenith,.. ( surf on google and E-bay’s search box, also on their main web sites, many dealers phone nos are there - they all are our Indian guys )

old names: Jalwa/Jalsa, Karishma, ( they obsoleted or merged with new names )

I had done a wide research and finally had bought BOOM box,…. So far so good,.. though I watch Hindi movies on Internet’s other sites as qlty is more sharper there,… but few desi shows and live 24-7 desi flavored TV is a boon for US's hosuehold desi ladies to pass time,..... plus, you pay nothing except one time of buying expense of box,.... and ofcourse your Internet service you must have.

These boxes are for house-wifes mainly, who are at home and day is long, or you are at liquor/Indian grocery store counter and you can watch 24/7 to cut your hours-time… when no customer,...

Jadoo has delayed broadcast ( recorded earlier ),… BOOM has "live" as it the same times, the people there in India watches it ( live) ,….......... BTV is very expensive ( USD 299 ) and also has plus and minuses,..
Just call the people and gain knowledge before you buy any,..

This vdo show how it will look,..

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Also they need certain upload/download speed of your internet service provider - so discuss all,..

Last edited by Aneeta; February 8th, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:25 AM

The recent one watched is Diana. The concept itself is doomed. You cant get any actress to play Diana and Naomi Watts despite her efforts hardly looks like Diana. The mvoie itself is slow moving and not really worth a second look.

But kept on thinking ' *!@#, THis Hasnat was banging Lady Diana. Actually had he married her, it might have been a nice slap on Royalty and improved Pak's image. I am wondering who this 'Samundar' character played by Art Malik is. Is it Imran Khan's disguised name?

Also this gave a thought and might open a separate thread on the English women loving Pak Men (Imran Khan, Hasnat Khan and cricketer waseem raza are some examples)

Others in Progress are -
"Iron Lady". Good concept, also Meryl Streep seems the right choice but the movie keeps coming back to her demented old age.
"For a Few Dollars More" - Now, this El Indio Character seems to have been the inspiration for Gabbar Singh.