eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Netflix movies worth watching

Saw Special 26, last night. Nice movie.

Last week saw Zilla Gaziabad.
Old October 4th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Saw Special 26, last night. Nice movie.

Last week saw Zilla Gaziabad.
Zila Gaziabad any good? It has crappy ratings on imdb, so didn't bother to watch.

Special 26 was refreshing

Sent from my iPhone.
Old October 4th, 2014, 07:15 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Zila Gaziabad any good? It has crappy ratings on imdb, so didn't bother to watch.

Special 26 was refreshing
I started seeing it since I generally like tales on real life mafia, and those which have bad reviews.
But lost interest in this one after first 20 minutes. It was more like a Vivek Oberoi love story then.
Old October 13th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

After a lot of hesitation, saw "Ek Tha Tiger" this weekend. I thought it will be bad, had rock-bottom expectations... and I was pleasantly surprised. This is a simple fantastic movie. It does not bore you at any point... and the street-chase towards the end and the car-chase at the end are way above any such action scenes I have seen in hindi movies before. All in all, paisa vasool movie... whatever monthly fees that I spend on Netflix, that is.

And of course, the director chose his supporting cast well. Good to see Girish Karnad after a long time... and Ranvir Shorey is very good in his role. And above all, there is Roshan Seth. Wish they had more of him, he is there in a very itsy-bitsy role... and then disappears even though at one point it seemed the movie was all about him. That was disappointing.

Over all, the movie is definitely worth a watch. And I will probably be watching the ending scenes a few more times.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 13th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Had watched "Holiday" about a week back... forgot to write a review on that. The movie has its action scenes and all but is a typical over-the-top Ravi-Teja-movie-remake that fails miserably feel to it at all times. Akshay Kumar is no Ravi Teja... and it is so obvious in each and every scene that he acts in.

Yes, you can skip this one... unless you want to mindlessly waste couple of hours and be thrilled at the same time.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished watching The Reader and I just had to write about it here. Its a good movie, a dark one if you will.
Again, this is one of those stories based on Nazi Germany. Actually its about one guard, Kate Winslet.

In the first half of the movie, Kate Winslet puts Savitha Babhi to shame. In the second, she will put you to shame for thinking of her that way.

have i mentioned its a dark movie? Liked it anyway.
Old October 18th, 2014, 05:09 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I just finished watching The Reader and I just had to write about it here. Its a good movie, a dark one if you will.
Again, this is one of those stories based on Nazi Germany. Actually its about one guard, Kate Winslet.

In the first half of the movie, Kate Winslet puts Savitha Babhi to shame. In the second, she will put you to shame for thinking of her that way.

Cool. i will watch only the first half
Old October 18th, 2014, 05:38 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Cool. i will watch only the first half
That movie is famous for the scenes
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:

Would have appreciated if you could have mentioned the soure where you saw it too.
It is not there in netflix insant streaming. found it anyways in Amazon Prime
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

I started watching Breaking Bad, as it was already highly recommended

jeetIAF
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got around to watching Dhoom 3. It was OK to an extent but I wasn’t too happy with the story line.
Spoiler alert below.

What I loved: I absolutely loved all the songs on stage where Katrina and Aamir were dancing. They did a phenomenal job and it probably took months of training to be able to do that. It reminded me of Cirque Du Soleil’s KA which is my all-time favorite. I simply cannot get my head around how beautifully they performed on stage. I also really liked the scene where they both have a short conversation in the train station. I will not mention it for the fear of being called sappy

What I didn’t like: It was so selfish on the part of Jackie S to hide one of his son’s for the sake of his so called tricks. It was so very wrong to manipulate the young boy to stay hidden to keep that a secret. And what was he trying to prove by committing suicide? He simply took a loan he couldn’t afford to repay and left the world leaving 2 young children (one of the autistic or/and ADHD) to fend for themselves. No wonder they turned out to be thugs.
Not to mention he was perfectly OK to sign the bank documents to get money but when the time comes to repayment, instead of filing bankruptcy he had to commit suicide.

Last edited by Aashika; October 20th, 2014 at 05:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
I started watching Breaking Bad, as it was already highly recommended

jeetIAF
Hope you started from season 1, episode 1.
Old October 20th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Highway:

Another movie which I enjoyed watching (3 weeks ago). If only they had also shown in the end that the leading lady was suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Considering that she was abused as a child, it is understandable that she got attracted to her abductor. She was displaying typical symptoms of being un-well (kind of depression). But what was not ok was the fact that the director didnít really bother telling that it is still not OK to fall in love with your abuser. She needed clinical help. I wished that fact was made clear. Who knows what stupid teenager would get wrong notion that perhaps it is fine to fall in love with abusers. Itís not fine. Itís unhealthy.

Otherwise, Itís a good movie.
Old October 20th, 2014, 06:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Highway:

Another movie which I enjoyed watching (3 weeks ago). If only they had also shown in the end that the leading lady was suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Considering that she was abused as a child, it is understandable that she got attracted to her abductor. She was displaying typical symptoms of being un-well (kind of depression). But what was not ok was the fact that the director didnít really bother telling that it is still not OK to fall in love with your abuser. She needed clinical help. I wished that fact was made clear. Who knows what stupid teenager would get wrong notion that perhaps it is fine to fall in love with abusers. Itís not fine. Itís unhealthy.

Otherwise, Itís a good movie.
I don't get it why people liked this movie.. I couldn't watch after 15-20 minutes. It was like she's got herself abducted and its a nice adventurous picnic. Too much overacting and BS for me to handle.

The movie that was an 'okay' watch was Mardaani..
Also, Mary Kom movie was good.. No BS, decent acting and fast paced.
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Would have appreciated if you could have mentioned the soure where you saw it too.
It is not there in netflix insant streaming. found it anyways in Amazon Prime
sorry, it was in netflix. I saw this movie there itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I don't get it why people liked this movie.. I couldn't watch after 15-20 minutes. It was like she's got herself abducted and its a nice adventurous picnic. Too much overacting and BS for me to handle.

The movie that was an 'okay' watch was Mardaani..
Also, Mary Kom movie was good.. No BS, decent acting and fast paced.
ya, Ali bhatt seems to have been Kareena-Kapoor influenced. She seemed to almost resemble what Kareena did in Jab we met.

Any in reality, the girl would have been raped and dumped in some corner. But what I liked in the movie is the free spirit of the girl. carefree and all. reminded me of my olden days

I started watching Mardaani. By next weekend I think i will finish watching it.