eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old January 17th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Yin-Yang identification thread

Yin and Yang symbol are well known to most people here, but how about observing the Yin-Yang influence in the past/myth and present? To that end, one can identify either Yin with evil and Yang with good or vice-versa.

To start, let me post Yin-Yang symbol for those who have forgotten what it looks like,

I'll start with the following interpretation (similarity with stuff on web is purely coincidental),

In middle of evil, there will exist an island of good...and in middle of good, there will exist an island of evil.

A case in point being from history/mythology...In Ravan's evil kingdom there was an island of good by name of Vibhishan...and in Dashrath/Ram's good kingdom there was island of evil by name of Manthra/washerman..

Interested echans are invited to think how Yin Yang can be applied to our forum (let the bashing begin...)
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yin-Yang identification thread

Is this thread supposed to be funny? If yes, please let me know and I will (try to) step out. Just yesterday a good friend of mine was telling me how its beneficial to get the negative weeds out of my life/character. I am really thinking of starting it right away. Join me Dhuru i kicking the yin out of our lives?

Last edited by Rakhi; January 17th, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Is this thread supposed to be funny? If yes, please let me know and I will (try to) step out. Just yesterday a good friend of mine was telling me how its beneficial to get the negative weeds out of my life/character. I am really thinking of starting it right away. Join me Dhuru i kicking the yang out of our lives?
So ... Yang = positive, active, logical, hot and "hard" men all day. Why would you want to kick that out?

jeez .. theres no pleasing some women, I'm telling ya!
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
So ... Yang = positive, active, logical, hot and "hard" men all day. Why would you want to kick that out?

jeez .. theres no pleasing some women, I'm telling ya!
Oh darn! I meant kick the negative out!!
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is this thread supposed to be funny? If yes, please let me know and I will (try to) step out. Just yesterday a good friend of mine was telling me how its beneficial to get the negative weeds out of my life/character. I am really thinking of starting it right away. Join me Dhuru i kicking the yin out of our lives?
Yin(g) Yang model of life/universe/Tao states that opposites co-exist. At best you can determine how small the island of good will be in ocean of evil or how small the island of evil will be in ocean of good.

The purpose of this thread was to identify Yin(g) and Yang...not destroy Ying-Yang model by removing negatives or positives
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Yin(g) Yang model of life/universe/Tao states that opposites co-exist. At best you can determine how small the island of good will be in ocean of evil or how small the island of evil will be in ocean of good.

The purpose of this thread was to identify Yin(g) and Yang...not destroy Ying-Yang model by removing negatives or positives
Yes, I am aware of the model. I know they co-exist. However, to have the perfect harmony in life, it is I who should know how much Yin exists in my life. Knowingly or unknowingly, most of us do accommodate more of Yin than what you really must have. I for one know I can do better.

yes, identifying Yin would be the first and the most important step but not the last. And then what next? Weed out what is not needed. makes sense?
Old January 17th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Yes, I am aware of the model. I know they co-exist. However, to have the perfect harmony in life, it is I who should know how much Yin exists in my life. Knowingly or unknowingly, most of us do accommodate more of Yin than what you really must have. I for one know I can do better.

yes, identifying Yin would be the first and the most important step but not the last. And then what next? Weed out what is not needed. makes sense?
if you weed out negatives from positives, you will end up weeding out positives from your negatives.

The more you minimize negatives outside your mind-body, the more evil you will become in your mind-body
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
if you weed out negatives from positives, you will end up weeding out positives from your negatives.

The more you minimize negatives outside your mind-body, the more evil you will become in your mind-body
Nah, that cant be it. Not for me at least. Lets take an example. Say, I want to face a certain problem, I should be able to face it without making excuses why I cant face it. How can that take a positive out of me?
Like i said, maybe we both work differently. negative and positive should co-exist, true. But at right proportions.
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

off oh.. why getting seriouer and seriouser..

little boy spotted some thing new.. eggsplain it pyaar se..

beta.. cvi niche jo rubber tube jaisa latak riyaa hai naa vo ying hai.. asal mein us par laat maarne se ting kaaawaaz hotaa hai provided you have balls of steel.. vo misspell ho gayaa galti se. Kahin kahin us ko ying ke badle ling bolte hain.. us ke baaju mein chotaa saa gol sa ek hai naa vo yang hai.. us par laath maro to Tang kaa awaaz hona chahiye.. par kabhi kabhi luch luch models mein laat maro to keechad me pattahr phekne mafik aawaaz karta hai.

Vaise chinta mat kar.. tu jab badaa ho jaayenga naa tab khud hi samajh jaayega. Ok.. chalo ab doctor doctor khelne jaao.
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Nah, that cant be it. Not for me at least. Lets take an example. Say, I want to face a certain problem, I should be able to face it without making excuses why I cant face it. How can that take a positive out of me?
Like i said, maybe we both work differently. negative and positive should co-exist, true. But at right proportions.
Who decides whether proportion is right or wrong?

To get the thread back on track, how does Ying Yang apply to echarchans on echarcha forums

On this forum, I am an ocean of evil with island of good....off line, I am ocean of good with island of evil

Last edited by dhurandhar; January 17th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Who decides whether proportion is right or wrong?

evil
We decide. You will decide for yourself and I will decide for myself. Done?
Come on, I need someone to give me company. My good friend is miles ahead. She will not be able to join me.
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

What is Ying Yang ?

How does Ying Yang affect our lives ?
How can we make best use of Ying Yang ?
Where did the concept of Ying Yang originate ?
Is Ying Yang Chinese or Japanese ?
What are the benefits of Ying Yang ?
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
What is Ying Yang ?

How does Ying Yang affect our lives ?
How can we make best use of Ying Yang ?
Where did the concept of Ying Yang originate ?
Is Ying Yang Chinese or Japanese ?
What are the benefits of Ying Yang ?
Ying Yang is a symbolic representation of universal duality (female-male, negative positive etc)....it is supposedly of ancient Chinese culture (before Confucius). Taoists (followers of Lao-Tzu, but Tao was there even before Lao...Lao just wrote it up at behest of a sentry).

Ying Yang model is how universe operates...according to Lao Tzu, the way of Tao (that uses Ying Yang principles) is most efficient (not most attractive) way of living life
Old January 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

peace is when yin and yang don't mix... so keep them away... far away from each other ... let peace prevail.
Old January 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Drink Alcohol. All the negative energies will dissolve and you will be left with only Positive energies.
Dhur ji, On Manthara- without her, how could Ravan ever have been killed.