eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old January 22nd, 2014, 02:31 AM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

What are your thoughts and conclusion on the above topic?

Are these thoughts and conclusions based on a personal schooling experience or on second hand experience ?

What was your complete schooling type ...Boarding or day school?

Given a chance to study again yourself or your kid with full parental and easy monetary support to study in any school of your choice in India which type and which school precisely would you prefer for yourself and for what rational reasons ?

Base your answers for yourself and your kid on your experiences and vast exposure to the real world out there without without any prejudice or biasness.

How much does a brand name like RIMC Dehradun ,Doon school Dehradun , Welham Girls Dehradun , Welham Boys Dehradun , Woodstock Mussorie , St Georges College Mussorie , Wynberg Allens Mussorie , Sherwood college Nainital , Bishol Cotton School Shimla ,Lawrence School Sanawar , Lawrence schol Lovedale , Mao College Ajmer , Mao College girls school Ajmer , Scindia School Gwalior, Mussorie International School Mussorie , fascinates or appeals or attracts or gives positive vibes to you?

The kind of fascination and adulation and sort of school struck complex that atleast I have seen amongst folks in india for Doon School Dehradun , has never been witnessed by me or the ones I have known in real life.Every person on earth whom I have met so far in life outside Dehradun was flatteringly inquisitive about Doon School.It was always like ....oh you are from Dehradun ...Doon School....No not Doon School but an ordinary day and residential school in Doon Schools immediate Vicinity use to be my standard reply....after this saamnay waalay ka baat karnay ka tareeka badal jaataa thaa and he is no longer school struck....till he is under self assumption that since this sexy ( more than himself )chap is from Dehradun he surely must be from doon school , he loves roaming around with you galay may haath daal kay always willing and ready to please you at the slightest opportunity but the moment he comes to reality with the bitterest truth of his meaningless school life so far the first thing our overwhelmed buddy wants to say to me by his looks is - All the perfumes of Arabia shall not sweeten this little hand of mine for putting my arms around your shoulders and always roaming with you.

Such was the mesmerizing condition of School Doon Strucks from even metros like delhi , Poona , Bombay and they all had reasonably good infact superior education , exposures , financial backgounds et al. What to talk of the lesser mortals from chota shahars and gumnaam gaannvs.

This phenomena wasnt just limited to me studying in a private engineering college in pune but was reported by all in my friend circle studying in IITS , RECs, other state engineering colleges.Heck even after getting jobs in those introductory orientation programmes ....Dehradun say ho...Doon School say a Delhite St Stephens IIM passout asked bruvvy (who passed out from IIT Bombay)..No ....Voila the look bruvvy got in return was as if bruvvy is an untouchable....We concluded that a Delhite from any school , st Stephens , IIM Ahemdabad pass out is inferior to anyite Doon School pass out or drop out .

More anecodtes later....

The above are all good boarding schoos of India which atleast I was aware of and had heard of as a student in school.How many of these schools had you heard of as a school student also may be later?

What board of education would you today prefer for yourself or your kid ICSE , CBSCE, IB, ANY PARTICULAR STATE BOARD.

I am personally biased towards ICSE/ISC with science and maths books of UTTAR PRADESH Allahabad board as supplements for class 11 and 12 .I have always found cbsce board very kiddish and a cake walk fit for dhakkans who cant cope up with studies.For class 11 and 12 though I cant say so for cbsce atleast in science and maths but again cbsce english for even 11th and 12th is pathetic and of lowly standards in comparison to the english of even 9th and 10th ICSE .I HAVE always in my mind barely with exceptions considered students of CBSCE intellectually inferior till class 10th.

Remember you cant chose for this thread a school or a board out of India for yourself or your kid.

Will opine later on the subject....tablet limits long posting...

Last edited by zyzzva; January 22nd, 2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

I had really hard time last couple of weeks deciding about which school and which board for my kid for UKG/KG class. Finally, after all searched info from google devta and discussing with my friends/relatives, I decided to put my kid in ICSE board.

ICSE is considered tougher as compared to CBSE. But if your kid can really pick up the pressure; he/she will have no comparison with any other board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzva View Post
What board of education would you today prefer for yourself or your kid ICSE , CBSCE, IB, ANY PARTICULAR STATE BOARD.

I am personally biased towards ICSE/ISC with science and maths books of UTTAR PRADESH Allahabad board as supplements for class 11 and 12 .I have always found cbsce board very kiddish and a cake walk fit for dhakkans who cant cope up with studies.For class 11 and 12 though I cant say so for cbsce atleast in science and maths but again cbsce english for even 11th and 12th is pathetic and of lowly standards in comparison to the english of even 9th and 10th ICSE .I HAVE always in my mind barely with exceptions considered students of CBSCE intellectually inferior till class 10th.

Remember you cant chose for this thread a school or a board out of India for yourself or your kid.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

Did you opt for boarding school or dayscholar school?

Which city?

What are the age criteria for admission into Play Group, LKG AND UKG at your place?

Are these age criteria stringent for the best schools at your place?

Here it is between

2 and 3 for PLAYGROUP

3 and 4 for UKG

4 and 5 for LKG

5 and 6 for class 1.

I feel sending a kid to school at just 2 years of age , heck even play group is torture to the child

Some states in South india even have a 1.5 to 2.5 year age restriction for Play Group.

At what age did you send your son to schol?

Yep you did a wise thing.CBSC is for the unaware parents who do not know what education means and its importance.

Last edited by zyzzva; January 22nd, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 05:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Did you opt for boarding school or dayscholar school?

Day School.. Not boarding.

Which city?

Chandigarh. It has many good, affordable and high quality schools.

What are the age criteria for admission into Play Group, LKG AND UKG at your place?

Here came the prob.. My daughter's birth month is April and cut off for most of the school is 31st March.. They don't even adjust for even one day. And I didn't want to spoil the whole year just for 20 days. But fortunately there are few other schools where cut off is October instead of March. So I was able to get KG admission for my daughter. Next year, she will be in class one at the age of 5 years, 11 Months.

in nutshell.. child should be 5.5+ at the time of joining first class. Some school are strict for at least 6 yrs while others take 5.5+

Are these age criteria stringent for the best schools at your place?

Schools are really strict in Chandigarh.

Here it is between

2 and 3 for PLAYGROUP

3 and 4 for UKG

4 and 5 for LKG

5 and 6 for class 1.

LKG comes before UKG. Many schools don't have LKG and UKG, They have KG instead.

I feel sending a kid to school at just 2 years of age , heck even play group is torture to the child

It is always good to put kid in any small playway school. First, kid gets used to school environment and doesn't face any prob thereafter. My kid happily goes to the school while some of her classmates always come crying.

Some states in South india even have a 1.5 to 2.5 year age restriction for Play Group.

At what age did you send your son to schol?

I have daughter. I started sending her to small playway school at 2+

Yep you did a wise thing.CBSC is for the unaware parents who do not know what education means and its importance.[/quote]

I hope my kid pick up the pressure later on. ICSE people are too good at language and communication skills apart from other academic excellence.

Last edited by ungalprasad; January 23rd, 2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 07:09 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

Yes english for icse/isc rocks and rules

Thanks Shakespear , thanks Shaw.

We had 5 english books all compulsory just for english literature.For Language there was no limit for the number of books.

English for icse and isc has two compulsory papers English 1 ie Language and english 2 ie literature both 100 marks 3 hours duration.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

bakwaas thread ko 5 star rating.. nahi hone ka.. I reduced it to 3 star
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
bakwaas thread ko 5 star rating.. nahi hone ka.. I reduced it to 3 star
I think he has 2 ids. So he was able to bump it up to 4*. I reduced it to 3 stars again.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:10 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I think he has 2 ids. So he was able to bump it up to 4*. I reduced it to 3 stars again.
3 participants and 16 votes for the thread

And why do you think he has only 2 ids

Old January 24th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

So moderators can see the number of votes a thread has been rated with.Swamy dada can a non moderator know how many votes have been Given for rating a thread and by whom?

Can moderators see who all have voted for a thread rating?OR just the number of votes.

If yes, pm me the list .

Just curious to know who all are these 16 members.NOT HERE ,ONLY IN PM.

I am sure soon hundreds of people would be using the rating system.It is such a useful feature ignored the most.One must use it for every thread.
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I just rolled the mouse over the stars and I got the 16 vote figure,I dont think we can know who voted.
Old January 24th, 2014, 05:06 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I just rolled the mouse over the stars and I got the 16 vote figure,I dont think we can know who voted.
Zyzzva has voted with all his IDs why do we need a list?
Old January 24th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

I tell yaa I missed out.. I went to dhor eshcool.. udhar par chattisgrahi mein english padaate rahin.. a for aaam.. b for bulla c for .... d for dillori (samosa kinda) e for eti f for fataaka g for gadhe h for haraami i for iski... j for jhuk saale.. k for kallu chacha ki dukaan you get the idea..

I had friends who went to boarding and they said they would tickle each others gonads to go to sleep.. I don't suppose I missed much then.
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

Talking Re: The advantages of Staying and studying in a boarding school in India far outweigh the advantages of studying in a day school in India !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
I tell yaa I missed out.. I went to dhor eshcool.. udhar par chattisgrahi mein english padaate rahin.. a for aaam.. b for bulla c for .... d for dillori (samosa kinda) e for eti f for fataaka g for gadhe h for haraami i for iski... j for jhuk saale.. k for kallu chacha ki dukaan you get the idea..

I had friends who went to boarding and they said they would tickle each others gonads to go to sleep.. I don't suppose I missed much then.
ROFLMAO

I am of the same opinion.The school which I went to was triboth a coed , day scholar ,boarder.Obviously I was a day scholar.

Most boarders were homos and some senior ones even use to sleep around with those old divorced christian lady matrons.i had seen it with my own eyes , a boarder in class 10th fondling a matrons boobs.He shart lagaoed with me that he wil fondle with her boobs and I can watch it from behind the curtains in the dorm.I thought sala chootia bunaa raha hai how can maam hansman do such a thing.Mai 100 rupay jeet jaaungaa.But I lost.

Pelu isnt smellyfinger one of your gonad tickling friend?Someone the tickled one , from ec, a hostelite from mellys boarding school , the other day was telling me that no body could tickle their tools the way Melly did.He was everyones favourite tickler in boarding and hence was affectionately addressed as smellyfinger.Its just the reason why he chose this handle here just to signal old friends from boarding that if the phrase smellyfinger makes more than sense to them then he and them have shared certain insights.
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Oh that way.No worries than

Browsing from tab or phone doesn't provides you with the mouseover function.I tried , didnt work.
Old January 24th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Zyzzva has voted with all his IDs why do we need a list?
I'd like to know what are all his active dupe ids..