eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
What was the purpose of this particular man's life on earth?

I was looking at the news and my heart broke after reading this:

An American journalist beheaded after being captured over 2 years ago in...of course, you know.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/is...ome-topstories

What is the purpose of this man's life on earth? Surely his purpose was not to suffer for 2 years and then be beheaded? Makes me believe, this whole concept of "purpose" is total BS.
Old August 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What was the purpose of this particular man's life on earth?

What is the purpose of ANY man's life on earth? This question has bothered many over centuries..

This particular man suffered for being in the wrong place, got captured and could have been dead right then.

Sometimes I think Americans take the world too lightly in the name of adventure.. they'll be climbing a mountain on the border of North Korea, be captured and then Clinton has to fly in personally to get them freed, those journalists were lucky.

A young couple were camping few months back in the jungle in Madhya Pradesh.. some drunk men held the husband on knife point and took turns raping the "gori".

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 20th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

It is indeed sad but then if you apply laws of Karma , then everything will be alright. A human is assigned a fate of death upon it's birth. There are different ways but it is still death.
The purpose of life is to maintain your positive Karmas. Then there are some that you cannot control because of your previous Karmas......

Why would this person chose this profession and not a cushy job at bank like you. I bet you would never get beheaded in Iraq or captured in N.Korea because you will never go there . But what about those who went either voluntarily or for profession. Why did they chose this path ?

They did not . Their karma led them here........

Too deep to write....... You can join my lecture series....... I accept cash , check and sexual favors.....

Love

Asaram
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
What is the purpose of ANY man's life on earth? This question has bothered many over centuries..

This particular man suffered for being in the wrong place, got captured and could have been dead right then.

Sometimes I think Americans take the world too lightly in the name of adventure.. they'll be climbing a mountain on the border of North Korea, be captured and then Clinton has to fly in personally to get them freed, those journalists were lucky.

A young couple were camping few months back in the jungle in Madhya Pradesh.. some drunk men held the husband on knife point and took turns raping the "gori".
Exactly. what is the purpose of anyone's life? Has anyone found an answer yet? If no one found an answer, perhaps there is no answer?

What is expected of me? That I wake up, be a good human being, be a good mom? Work and lead a happy life? If thats all there is to it, then I guess I am already fulfilling what I am born for. Sometimes i feel I am looking inside a big box. Big empty box. Inside that, there is every likelihood something is hidden (in this case purpose). But it could also be that there is nothing in there. At least people who had been trying to find something havnet found anything yet.

Oh by the way, I wanted to write something about your example of gori but I will not. I learned the lesson the last time when I commented on rape a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
It is indeed sad but then if you apply laws of Karma , then everything will be alright. A human is assigned a fate of death upon it's birth. There are different ways but it is still death.
The purpose of life is to maintain your positive Karmas. Then there are some that you cannot control because of your previous Karmas......

Why would this person chose this profession and not a cushy job at bank like you. I bet you would never get beheaded in Iraq or captured in N.Korea because you will never go there . But what about those who went either voluntarily or for profession. Why did they chose this path ?

Too deep to write....... You can join my lecture series....... I accept cash , check and sexual favors.....

Love

Asaram
Dirty, are we talking about Karma or are we talking about reincarnation? My understanding and belief of karma is that you get what you deserve in this life time.
I cannot begin to think what horrible things this man must have done in this lifetime to deserve that death.

In a way you are right. I would never choose a profession which could potentially put me in danger. But then, choosing a dangerous profession should not in itself be a justification for being murdered.
I could be wrong but are you saying, "you saw this coming dude" to that journalist?

Last edited by Aashika; August 20th, 2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Exactly. what is the purpose of anyone's life? Has anyone found an answer yet? If no one found an answer, perhaps there is no answer?

What is expected of me? That I wake up, be a good human being, be a good mom? Work and lead a happy life? If thats all there is to it, then I guess I am already fulfilling what I am born for. Sometimes i feel I am looking inside a big box. Big empty box. Inside that, there is every likelihood something is hidden (in this case purpose). But it could also be that there is nothing in there. At least people who had been trying to find something havnet found anything yet.

Oh by the way, I wanted to write something about your example of gori but I will not. I learned the lesson the last time when I commented on rape a while ago.

Dirty, are we talking about Karma or are we talking about reincarnation? My understanding and belief of karma is that you get what you deserve in this life time.
I cannot begin to think what horrible things this man must have done in this lifetime to deserve that death.

In a way you are right. I would never choose a profession which could potentially put me in danger. But then, choosing a dangerous profession should not in itself be a justification for being murdered.
I could be wrong but are you saying, "you saw this coming dude" to that journalist?
No as per Hindu philosophy , the Karma goes beyond this lifetime. That is the reason why you see some people born in poverty and some people with silver spoon. How many times have you said how did he or she get this lucky ? and find that even after hard work , people like you and me are still living ordinary life.

What did people like Justin Beiber or Britney Spears or Mark Zuckerberg do extra-ordinary in this life time that they deserved this fame , name and money . Don't you think there are better programmers or singers than those people in this world ? In fact they may have been a horrible person in this life time. What they are enjoying is the fruits of previous life and they have a choice, either be good or take punishment for being a horrible person but they may not see this punishment ( Or repayment or bad karma ) until next life.

This answers questions like "why me " and "Why him " .

I would never say "You saw this coming' because

1. Loss of life is always a sad thing
2. I don't want to gather negative Karma by ridiculing someone misery

But what I am saying is that how sad we feel about loss of life , we need to be aware that he was just repaying his previous Karma maybe from previous birth and good news is that it is paid off now. It's like paying off a debt. It is always painful when you have to pay off that lump some amount but the relief you feel outweighs the fact that you have spent all your cash .

So to answer your question , Karma goes beyond birth and death.

When can I expect the check ? Or you want to visit me personally....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:59 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

a pertinent nazm written by gulzar .. if you can understand the Urdu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulzar
Saans lena bhi kaisi aadat hai,
Jiye jana bhi kya rivayat hai.

Koi aahat nahi badan mein kahin,
Koi saya nahi hai ankhon mein,
Pal guzarte hain thahre-thahre se
Jiye jaate hain jiye jaate hain

Paon be-hiss hain chalte jaate Hain,
Ek safar hai jo bahta rahta hai,

Kitnay barson se, Kitni sadiyon se,
Jiye jaate hain, jiye jaate hain
Old August 20th, 2014, 03:32 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What was the purpose of this particular man's life on earth?

Quote:
Makes me believe, this whole concept of "purpose" is total BS.

And now stick to it, please for your own sanity. You now know the truth.

Sad to see so many of us dreaming our life away on bullshit fantasies of spiritual kind. There is no purpose and there is no bullshit Sir Dirty is philosophizing about. Law of Karma is a myth ... a delusion ... upper castes came up with the concept strictly to keep lower caste so they keep toiling the fields blaming past life but reassured and, feeling good dreaming of delusion of good life come next life.

And if there is a God or whatever it is you believe in ... not benign nor hostile ... doesn't give a shit ... indifferent. Rest is all a game of chance or what you know as element of good luck and bad luck. All the people Dirty has quoted ... all are there, where ever they are, is simply by chance.

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old August 20th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Yes Mr. Badri ....... You have something that you believe in and I have something I believe in. Is the whole world not run on a some belief system ?

But I never talked about God. I dont think there is God and even if God is there God is not going to answer your prayer and give you that winning lottery .
He is like CEO of the world and you are one of the billions of employees. So he has devised a system of karma and everything works according to that.

Yes it is a game and that game is karma. The whole right place at right time does not happen . It cannot be planned and it cannot be predicted. So what can explain this ? Karma . You talk of luck, and I talk of karma. I am trying to give a reasoning to everything. Maybe I am wrong ( Unlikely ) and you are right ( unlikely ) but by believing in karma we can make world a better place......

You are a friend and I wont take any sexual favors from you .......
Old August 20th, 2014, 04:41 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What was the purpose of this particular man's life on earth?

Quote:
Yes Mr. Badri ....... You have something that you believe in and I have something I believe in. Is the whole world not run on a some belief system ?

No issues here ...

But I never talked about God. I dont think there is God and even if God is there God is not going to answer your prayer and give you that winning lottery . He is like CEO of the world and you are one of the billions of employees. So he has devised a system of karma and everything works according to that.

I will refrain from a comment cause you are too intelligent to not find your argument fallacious. Please read what you have written ...

And system? What system? A system has to have things, a mechanism, a set of rules working together to bring forth a result each and every time you press the button ... yes? What you talk about is not a system but a concept, or a belief as you admit yourself.

And if it is a system if you insist that is ... it never worked. Not when it was conceptualize and not now.

Yes it is a game and that game is karma.

Fair ... agree that Karma is a game ... game of chance.

The whole right place at right time does not happen . It cannot be planned and it cannot be predicted. So what can explain this ? Karma .

Aha ... see? ... this is what I am talking about ... noh? Because you need to know why of it all so you go looking for something ... Karma shit comes in handy.

You talk of luck, and I talk of karma. I am trying to give a reasoning to everything. Maybe I am wrong ( Unlikely ) and you are right ( unlikely ) but by believing in karma we can make world a better place......

So and finally you admit it. Whole concept of Karma was conceptualised by a dreamer or a crook ... promise for and euphoria of a better world, a kinder world, a caring world, a peaceful world. May be in a galaxy far far away living beings live life of euphoria as envisioned in your belief ... earth has never been and will never be one. Deep down we are nothing but langoors, baboons and gorillas, the truth.

May I ask source of your belief system?

You are a friend and I wont take any sexual favors from you .......

But I am doing it to you ... you no enjoying?
@ Dirtybhai ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Super eCharchan

Check where this thread is posted ? Philosophy section. Not Technology......

Will respond to your comments later....... Strangely I feel good........... What's happening ?
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What is the purpose of this man's life on earth? Surely his purpose was not to suffer for 2 years and then be beheaded? Makes me believe, this whole concept of "purpose" is total BS.
Life has only purpose in this world. To procreate. That is all. Life itself has no other purpose... it is the same for animals... for birds... for trees... for everything living. Man, of course, has tried to add more values to life. You can say, s/he has succeeded... but then after reading news like these, you can say s/he has failed miserably. That will entirely depend on your perspectives. And as they say, perspectives are like a****...err... opinions... everyone has one, some... nay, many... have more than one.

It is an interesting topic... good enough to generate 75 posts. If you want to, we can take it there. Just let me know...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Love

Asaram
Asharam == Ash Aram
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Life has only purpose in this world. To procreate. That is all. Life itself has no other purpose... it is the same for animals... for birds... for trees... for everything living.

Is this a personal opinion based on some observation or religion? ... pre tell? ... Thanks.

You are partly correct if its a observation based on principles of self-preservation.

But if its religious belief ... you must belong to other two famous because mine (Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism) encourages fucking for more reasons than just mundane procreation ...

Man, of course, has tried to add more values to life. You can say, s/he has succeeded... but then after reading news like these, you can say s/he has failed miserably. That will entirely depend on your perspectives. And as they say, perspectives are like a****...err... opinions... everyone has one, some... nay, many... have more than one.

Perspectives are not necessarily opin ... later

It is an interesting topic... good enough to generate 75 posts. If you want to, we can take it there. Just let me know...

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I sincerely believe that there is a purpose of life.
According to me our life path and journey is already chosen before birth.
Our souls already go through conditioning camps and preparations for the lfe they have chosen on earth.

Now the new life path chosen can be because of past life experiences or just experiments.

Like if a child does good in particular subject in school time he may choose to take the same subject in higher studies etc. or he may chose to get involved in extra curricular to acquire more skills.

now once u take birth our souls have vague memories of decisions and life path that is yet to come. and we get signals time to time during our life span which can helps in achieving our desired life.

but if we ignore the signals, then we might end up on a different route and may or may not achieve the life we desired.
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:22 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post

Is this a personal opinion based on some observation or religion? ... pre tell? ... Thanks.

You are partly correct if its a observation based on principles of self-preservation.

But if its religious belief ... you must belong to other two famous because mine (Sanatan Dharma/Hinduism) encourages fucking for more reasons than just mundane procreation ...

Perspectives are not necessarily opin ... later

The first part of my post is not personal opinion. It is merely stating a scientific fact... based on observation and experimentation. The latest confirmation on this simple fact is the discovery of life in space... google for ISS/algae.

The ultimate experiment to prove fact this once and for all would be to... shoot a human being into space... all by himself/herself... and see what happens with life.

And no siree... I do not belong to any religious group or inclination. I am just an ID.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless