eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What was the purpose of this particular man's life on earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
No as per Hindu philosophy , the Karma goes beyond this lifetime. That is the reason why you see some people born in poverty and some people with silver spoon. How many times have you said how did he or she get this lucky ? and find that even after hard work , people like you and me are still living ordinary life.

I understand where you are coming from. So, what happens after the debts are repaid Dirty? Letís say in this manís case, he repaid with interest for what he did in his past life. Now what happens? Is he going to take rebirth with a silver spoon or he is going to be ordinary (like you and me) or in some slum? Or he has attained Moksha?
Surely, he couldnít have committed many sins or accumulated punya in his short life on earth?

This answers questions like "why me " and "Why him " .

I would never say "You saw this coming' because

1. Loss of life is always a sad thing
2. I don't want to gather negative Karma by ridiculing someone misery
Good to know
But what I am saying is that how sad we feel about loss of life , we need to be aware that he was just repaying his previous Karma maybe from previous birth and good news is that it is paid off now. It's like paying off a debt. It is always painful when you have to pay off that lump some amount but the relief you feel outweighs the fact that you have spent all your cash .

So to answer your question , Karma goes beyond birth and death.
Well if you look at the bigger picture, its even more depressing. It doesnít appear like there is any end to this whole life-cycle. Now he repaid what he was born for (though it might be hard to explain this to his mom/dad/siblings that are grieving). Now, the whole cycle begins again. A cruel joke.

please see my response in blue.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
I used to be a believer in "you get what you deserve" badriji. But like you said, at times it just doesnt make any sense. Its almost like saying that poor people who are dying of Ebola kind of deserved it because they did something in their past life time.

If the concept of Karma is being carried over from other life time's, I think that concept is flawed. Punish the person in this life time when he committed a crime. Why let people carry the burden to the next life?
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Life has only purpose in this world. To procreate. That is all. Life itself has no other purpose... it is the same for animals... for birds... for trees... for everything living. Man, of course, has tried to add more values to life. You can say, s/he has succeeded... but then after reading news like these, you can say s/he has failed miserably. That will entirely depend on your perspectives. And as they say, perspectives are like a****...err... opinions... everyone has one, some... nay, many... have more than one.

It is an interesting topic... good enough to generate 75 posts. If you want to, we can take it there. Just let me know...
If there is no other purpose to life than procreation, then why is there so much suffering around?
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Asharam == Ash Aram
I would love to know what you think about the original topic.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
If the concept of Karma is being carried over from other life time's, I think that concept is flawed. Punish the person in this life time when he committed a crime. Why let people carry the burden to the next life?
so when are you converting to Christianity? because what you just said is absolutely opposite of what is said in Geeta.

Quote:
Chapter 2, verse 20

na jāyate mriyate vā kadācin
nāyaḿ bhūtvā bhavitā vā na bhūyaḥ
ajo nityaḥ śāśvato 'yaḿ purāṇo
na hanyate hanyamāne śarīre

For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:41 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If there is no other purpose to life than procreation, then why is there so much suffering around?
Now are we speaking of just human suffering or all suffering If latter then that has always been. It is the way of nature. Nature is what life has built around it. Life's main goal is procreation... and nature is its environment to procreate. And this environment is naturally suffering-based. Why naturally... you ask. Why because it is nature.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom27 View Post
Well I sincerely believe that there is a purpose of life.
According to me our life path and journey is already chosen before birth.
Our souls already go through conditioning camps and preparations for the lfe they have chosen on earth.

Now the new life path chosen can be because of past life experiences or just experiments.

Like if a child does good in particular subject in school time he may choose to take the same subject in higher studies etc. or he may chose to get involved in extra curricular to acquire more skills.

now once u take birth our souls have vague memories of decisions and life path that is yet to come. and we get signals time to time during our life span which can helps in achieving our desired life.

but if we ignore the signals, then we might end up on a different route and may or may not achieve the life we desired.
I am sorry, i didnt get you. It doesnt say anything about the purpose of life.
Or are you saying that (example, our journalist in question), didnt listen to the signals he was getting and chose the wrong path (in going to Syria)?
Or he is already destined to go to Syria even before he was born? If he was destined to go there and suffer, why was he destined to go there?
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
so when are you converting to Christianity? because what you just said is absolutely opposite of what is said in Geeta.
No no...I am not saying the concept of reincarnation is flawed. I am saying the concept of carrying the baggage from the previous birth is flawed.

And anyway, i never really understood Gita. It also talks about attaining Moksha, which contradicts the concept of reincarnation.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Now are we speaking of just human suffering or all suffering If latter then that has always been. It is the way of nature. Nature is what life has built around it. Life's main goal is procreation... and nature is its environment to procreate. And this environment is naturally suffering-based. Why naturally... you ask. Why because it is nature.
I agree, there has always been suffering. But why are the proportions so skewed? I am probably suffering too but maybe only a fraction of what others have to put up with.

I guess I am not putting this properly. If the only purpose of being born is to procreate (which i dont think it is), then there should not be murders/rapes. There is certainly something more. Either that or this who concept of karma is BS and that everything that is happening is happening randomly.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:53 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, there has always been suffering. But why are the proportions so skewed? I am probably suffering too but maybe only a fraction of what others have to put up with.

I guess I am not putting this properly. If the only purpose of being born is to procreate (which i dont think it is), then there should not be murders/rapes. There is certainly something more. Either that or this who concept of karma is BS and that everything that is happening is happening randomly.
It seems like you are yet so close to the truth... but you are missing it by a hair's breadth.

There is no such thing as karma... and/or BS. Life not just pertains to a complete being... but also procreates and expands at a microcosm level. Yes, within a live-being are again millions of other beings. Your body is a natural environment for billions of living creatures. Everytime you sneeze... or expunge matter from your body, you are destroying the lives of thousands, if not millions. What is the purpose, you'll say

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Everytime you sneeze... or expunge matter from your body, you are destroying the lives of thousands, if not millions. What is the purpose, you'll say
So no purpose. Whatever is happening is happening naturally/ randomly with noone controlling and nothing to control over. Right?

Last edited by Aashika; August 21st, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Of course there is a purpose. Why do you sneeze? Or expunge stuff from your body Isn't that purpose good enough?

And you think our body is at peace at all times? There are thousands of wars going on amongst our cells. These cells fighting those cells... every cell thinking there is an enemy around the bend. I am sure a few of these cells are running around with a holy-book in their hand... screaming vengeance ... or wreckage... or whatever their holy-book is commanding of them. Now, these are all cell-made happenings.

Then there are natural happenings... earthquakes, volcanoes... typhoons and floods. This is how matter is expunged in the body of whoever that we are cells of. We probably are situated in a very private, isolated part of the body of that being... so the turmoils are minor and we are not entirely thrown out of the body. But one day that body will die. Question is, is that the end of us Or will we continue to live... and find a new body

Old August 21st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
please see my response in blue.
Okay I will only respond to you because too much clutter in this thread too. Thanks Saneless

Yes as per Gita , or any other scriptures that believe in 'Soul-Consciousness" , it is a cycle. This whole life is a cycle. And we are born and reborn again and again . To break this cycle and go back to Parlok is what Moksha is . And Moksha ain't easy sweetheart.

It's like that coveted club where very few can get entry. That's why in my belief , all the Gods are just pure souls..... Now, going to Badri's question, my knowledge comes from various sources.

1. Gita
2. Jain Philosophy
3. Brahma Kumaris
4. Dada Bhagwan
5. Partly Kuran
6. Partly Bible

5 & 6 is minus re-incarnation. Other soul theories can still apply and also the monolithic concept of God.

So this is not religion but a theory which explains to me everything that happens in world and I can live off this theory.

Some finer points of this theory

There is only one God . He is the highest of souls. He has no name , no form , no shape and no he is not blue like shown in Amar Chitra Katha.

All other 'Gods' like Krishna, Ram, Jesus , Mahavir , Budha are pure souls . They are the ones that have attained Mokhsa.

We on other hand are going to live this cycle of life again and again untill we attain Mokhsa.
Moksha does not contradict the concept of reincarnation , it defines the reason for reincarnation. You will be reincarnated until you attain Moksha......

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. So, what happens after the debts are repaid Dirty? Let’s say in this man’s case, he repaid with interest for what he did in his past life. Now what happens? Is he going to take rebirth with a silver spoon or he is going to be ordinary (like you and me) or in some slum? Or he has attained Moksha?
Surely, he couldn’t have committed many sins or accumulated punya in his short life on earth?
You need to understand there are two thing happening here when you are living your life on earth. You are repaying the dbt but you are also collecting good and bad karma s. It is a continues process. So let's say you are in process of paying down you mortgage and then you buy a car. So now you have a new loan. What happens when you pay down your mortgage ? Well, you have already accumulated new loan so now you need to pay that down too right ?

So you have to remember that while you are repaying your debt ( You lost your job . Someone stole your car . Someone cheated you ) you need to make sure you do not collect negative Karmas ( He fired me , I am going to screw him. He cheated me , I am going to hurt him ) otherwise you will be now indebted with other repayment.

But also remember negative karmas are not collected by your actions ( Someone cheated me , I will file a police report . I lost my job , I need to look for another job ) but they are collected by your thoughts and intentions.

So when Arjun was killing his relatives in the war, he did not get -ve karmas because it was his Dharma ( Duty ) to fight . But Duryodhan did becasue his intention was to kill Pandavas to get the kingdom.

It is complicated but for some reason, I am enlightened now......

and Yes I will provide this knowledge over phone if you are seriously disturbed and no you don have to sleep with me . I just joke around. I am not that kind of person ( _ve karma remember ? ) .

Jai Dirty Baba
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Thank you for taking time to write in detail. So I guess we found a purpose now. To attain moksha and to break the cycle. And like you said, it aint no joke. Say, in this lifetime I know my purpose is to attain moksha. But so far I have accumulated so much –ve and +ve karma. So I need to repay it back in my next birth. But the problem is, I will not remember in my next birth that my purpose is to attain moksha. So I will never get moksha.

I am feeling extremely disturbed since yesterday. I simply cannot stop thinking about the journalist (how did they do it? Was he screaming?). Though I didn’t watch the beheading, the news is all over the place. What has he been going through in his last minutes on earth? He must have been scared…I feel really really disturbed. Didn’t feel this way since that little 5 year old child was abused in India.
That’s why I am trying to find an answer that could justify the reason why he was killed in such a way.

I know this feeling will pass given enough time. I just don’t was it to pass without me finding out the reason.
Old August 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Okay I will only respond to you because too much clutter in this thread too.

... ... ...

Yes as per Gita , or any other scriptures that believe in 'Soul-Consciousness" , it is a cycle. This whole life is a cycle. And we are born and reborn again and again . To break this cycle and go back to Parlok is what Moksha is . And Moksha ain't easy sweetheart.

It's like that coveted club where very few can get entry. That's why in my belief , all the Gods are just pure souls..... Now, going to Badri's question, my knowledge comes from various sources.

1. Gita
2. Jain Philosophy
3. Brahma Kumaris
4. Dada Bhagwan
5. Partly Kuran
6. Partly Bible

5 & 6 is minus re-incarnation. Other soul theories can still apply and also the monolithic concept of God.

Actually they all make promises ... vast choice ... what is it you like ... Mokcsha? and or 70+ virgs plus 7 or 8 young men with peach like butts? ...

So this is not religion but a theory which explains to me everything that happens in world and I can live off this theory.

Some finer points of this theory

Agree ... lets call it a theory ... though impossible to prove the truth, unworkable and impractical.

There is only one God . He is the highest of souls. He has no name , no form , no shape and no he is not blue like shown in Amar Chitra Katha.

All other 'Gods' like Krishna, Ram, Jesus , Mahavir , Budha are pure souls . They are the ones that have attained Mokhsa.

Ok I will see it your way so as to not appear argumentative.

We on other hand are going to live this cycle of life again and again untill we attain Mokhsa.
Moksha does not contradict the concept of reincarnation , it defines the reason for reincarnation. You will be reincarnated until you attain Moksha......

You need to understand there are two thing happening here when you are living your life on earth. You are repaying the dbt but you are also collecting good and bad karma s. It is a continues process. So let's say you are in process of paying down you mortgage and then you buy a car. So now you have a new loan. What happens when you pay down your mortgage ? Well, you have already accumulated new loan so now you need to pay that down too right ?

So you have to remember that while you are repaying your debt ( You lost your job . Someone stole your car . Someone cheated you ) you need to make sure you do not collect negative Karmas ( He fired me , I am going to screw him. He cheated me , I am going to hurt him ) otherwise you will be now indebted with other repayment.

But also remember negative karmas are not collected by your actions ( Someone cheated me , I will file a police report . I lost my job , I need to look for another job ) but they are collected by your thoughts and intentions.

So when Arjun was killing his relatives in the war, he did not get -ve karmas because it was his Dharma ( Duty ) to fight . But Duryodhan did becasue his intention was to kill Pandavas to get the kingdom.

It is complicated but for some reason, I am enlightened now......

and Yes I will provide this knowledge over phone if you are seriously disturbed and no you don have to sleep with me . I just joke around. I am not that kind of person ( _ve karma remember ? ) .

Jai Dirty Baba

Here is what I am thinking ... we pick up nearby pebbles pretending to know the answers ... all this while truth lies hidden under the rock ... a rock, humanly impossible to lift.

I don't believe any human ever ... living or dead ... has ever been able to lift the rock to find the truth. Because last thing a human will do after knowing the truth is write books or lecture people. Recently I read of a celebrity suicide ... an extremely intelligent man ... a human of highest caliber. I wondered if he discovered by some accident (came to know) the truth and decided ... it wasn't worth a shit, life that is. edit/add ... this can make sense if you were to think ... isn't this what our sages and rishis did thousands of years ago upon knowing the truth? ... they took sanyas from all earthly material things/relationships and moved to Himalayas to live rest of the life alone in solace.

Done ...

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by badriprasad; August 21st, 2014 at 05:45 PM.