eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old June 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Achche Din

India leads emerging economies in growth chart: World Bank
India is, for the first time, leading the World Bank's growth chart of major economies," said Kaushik Basu.

By: Press Trust of India | Washington | Updated: June 11, 2015 6:29 pm

India, with a 7.5 per cent projected growth, may officially surpass China as it is for the first time leading major emerging economies in growth chart, according to latest World Bank figures. “With an expected growth of 7.5 per cent this year, India is, for the first time, leading the World Bank’s growth chart of major economies,” said Kaushik Basu, World Bank Chief Economist and Senior Vice President after the release of the latest Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report on Wednesday.
China is projected to grow at 7.1 per cent. Developing countries are now projected to grow by 4.4 per cent this year, with a likely rise to 5.2 per cent in 2016, and 5.4 per cent in 2017, the report said. In China, the carefully managed slowdown continues, with growth likely to moderate to a still robust 7.1 per cent this year. In India, which is an oil importer, reforms have buoyed confidence and falling oil prices have reduced vulnerabilities, paving the way for the economy to grow by a robust 7.5 per cent rate in 2015, the report said.
- See more
Old June 13th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Achche Din

Acche Din indeed... but I am now growing sick of living in this third world country...
Old June 13th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Acche Din indeed... but I am now growing sick of living in this third world country...
why?

Living in USA , it feels that we are missing out on our family time since most of family is in India and that nothing is greater than spending time with family.
Old June 14th, 2015, 07:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From what i gather, you made it out of turn to India, i.e. you were forced to go by some circumstance. If planned, things could be different.

Most of the US Desis (bulk of them gults), follow this path back to India.
1. Make enough dollaran
2, Get citizenship, get an OCI card'
3. Then get a VP position paying about a crore.
Old June 14th, 2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
why?

Living in USA , it feels that we are missing out on our family time since most of family is in India and that nothing is greater than spending time with family.
For many Gult families like mine, there is as much of a family in Ummrika as in India! They are all based around the DC area. Actually, sometimes, i am happy to live a bit away from relatives and family.

Some who are citizens, have actually got green card for their parents. Only tricky thing is getting medical insurance.
Old June 15th, 2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Well, an update from Better half which agrees with your version. She is on a visit to Hyderabad and says that traffic is much worse than before ( i thought it could not be any worse than when i was there). And that there seems to be no sign of government anywhere (mind you this is another CM who came to power thru Dharnas and agitations). The auto wallahs have forgotten the concept of a meter (they did not, when i went 2 years back).

Possibly, the only development is the A/C buses which take 3 hours to travel some 20 km. the bachcha log love the freedom of doing mischief without anyone complaining though.
Old June 16th, 2015, 10:00 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

India mein "system" theek karo, rest everything is available & ready to fall in place. Bloody system is self-cannibalistic.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 03:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

Y r ppl feeling shame on going at their own motherland.be part of soltuion no.jjfk say ask not wat country doing 4 u,but wat u doing 4 country.country mean help ppl no,or just wat u want from ppl.at least help ppl next 2 u
Old June 24th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
India mein "system" theek karo, rest everything is available & ready to fall in place. Bloody system is self-cannibalistic.
Now, was not Lokpal supposed to fix the system.

Anyway, moving over that, a recent experience reminded me of the system. I was waiting for my pickup for the rental car at a busy airport. There was a Kalli managing the traffic. i.e. askiing cars to stop for pedestrians and if some gaddi other than rental pickups was coming, she would ask them to leave. Most of them obliged immediately, to a couple she had to show the ticket book.

I was wondering how that would happen in Apna Desh. Firstly, the pandu would be missing in many cases. And if he or she was there and would do the job diligently, there would be too many who would ignore him and only a danda would scare them. i still remember long back in Chennai Airport, one CISF guy was diligently managing peoples entry when suddenly one lady (a Desi with an American accent) decided she had to hug her parents turned back and the whole walking traffic got upset.
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:36 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

System is how people follow it and behave in it. In the US there is a system at the airport but many cabbies are fu(ked up baxturds.

I hate if I get a cabbie from Somalia or some other nondescript African nation or the Indian subcontinent. They crib so much if you are traveling to a place not too far from airport. I do not tip if I get to hear too much complaining, or if they are driving fast to drop me and get back to the airport cab queue.
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
why?

Parrents you meant?
You couldn't possibly be referring to siblings, uncles, aunties and cousins as family? Fortunate you are if so. Very fortunbate indeed if they see Nepali and not illuminated signs of $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
For many Gult families like mine, there is as much of a family in Ummrika as in India! They are all based around the DC area. Actually, sometimes, i am happy to live a bit away from relatives and family.

Some who are citizens, have actually got green card for their parents. Only tricky thing is getting medical insurance.
So now you have no reason to visit India, except perhaps to buy marble replica of Tajmahal or enjoy panipuri filled with secret ingredient special massala water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Election of snake oil salesman in Delhi put to rest ray of sunshine some of us saw after election of BJP government. It will take a miracle.
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post

Election of snake oil salesman in Delhi put to rest ray of sunshine some of us saw after election of BJP government. It will take a miracle.
Reminds me. You previously as Badri put a long description of 'Mumbai ka Tel' in a thread'. Why did you delete it..

Post is gone but a reply is still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykode View Post
teli se dilli .

and Badriprasad, kya roj oil lagage bahar ghumte ho? And you have so much time everyday to apply oil and wait for hours for it to soak? And that is supposed to give u what better skin
Old July 8th, 2015, 10:32 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid PM Modi is always on foreign trip, when will be come back? Wasting time in Kazakhstan. Kya rakha hai udhar, rocks and barbarians?

Ab yeh kya hai pencho?
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:24 PM

मदरसो में तिरंगा फहरने लगा
औरंगजेब रोड का नाम बदल गया
याकूब को फांसी हो गई
कम्युनिस्ट जन्माष्टमी मनाने लगे
दुबई में भारत माता की जय और वन्दे मातरम् के नारे लगने लगे
सेक्युलर लोग मजार छोड़ मंदिर जाने लगे
आतंकियों का मजहब मालुम चल गया
मस्जिदों से लाउड स्पीकर हटने लगे
और लोग कहते है अच्छे दिन कहाँ हैं।
Old September 12th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Banned

Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light

During first 6 months of Modi Govt coming to power, sikulars were pissing in pants,and every time something happened, they shouted secularism khatre mein hai, secularism khatare mein hai, as if Modi ordered the killing of Pune techie etc. Govt stayed put, they didn't appease any one section. Now you don't hear daily of such things.

Dhire dhire hum sub ko aadat ho jayegi..sabka ssath, sabka vikas.

Govt told Pak, no monkeying with hurriyat. This is such a big deal for country like India, especially after manmohan's last decade.

Modi needs to take less selfies, less designer clothes and less one way bhashan bazi from high podium, instead kick the govt machinery in high gear. doing much better than headless chicken govt but expectations are much higher.

even if he doesn't do anything spectacular, reducing the high level massive corruption and get rid of policy paralysis will push the GDP by 2-3 %.

Last edited by Jaggudada; September 12th, 2015 at 10:06 PM.