eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old November 3rd, 2015, 07:10 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Secular" news thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Quote:
The idea of Cowardice is always accepted with idea of Honour and Honour killing, Honour is peasant idea, it is prevalent in society which has no faith in law or no recourse to law. This honour is always part of tribal societies with tribal sense of justice. Subscribing to such ideas will never lead to progressive society ever.
I can also say lot of stuff about lot of things and sound very knowledgeable & intellectual. However, I prefer to stick to one point at a time. Honor, rule of law & progressive society was NOT one of them.

Quote:
Having certain ideas theologically present doesn't mean they exist in reality. Even Hindu caste system is Work based though it is Birth-based. Ummah never existed after Prophet(pbuh) death. This brother sans border even if present doesn't mean anything. Punjabi and Bengalis are not brothers, nor is Arabs and Persian, nor are Arabs and Turks nor are Turks and Kurds.
Why it is present if it is not needed or means nothing? Why don’t you get it deleted? Or get a significant peacefuls support your idea that "it does not mean anything"? The peacefuls keep shouting about "brothers" and you say it means nothing. It definitely means more than your individual opinion of "it means nothing". OBL appealed to ummah and ummah considers him hero. But, being a hollow ideology, ROP is not able to hold the "universal brotehrhood" (which is a VERY POWERFUL concept). It does not mean it does not exist in ROP. Don’t hide from reality & from yourself.

Quote:
Painting every person belonging to a faith in same colour is bigotry and if institutionalized it is outright racism. Even in Hindus all Brahmins of same gothra are brother conceptually but that doesn't mean all of them react similarly in any given situation.
“Conceptually” and “divinely declared” are apples & oranges. Conceptually can change when concept changes. Divinely declared cannot change. Definitely NOT when the divine declaration is LAST and cast in stone and barred from any changes etc etc etc.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; November 3rd, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 08:15 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Karnataka CM Siddharamaiah says: "Till today, I haven't eaten beef. But now I will. No one can stop me from eating what I want. It's my personal choice".

Well said, Mr. Siddharamaiah. Now please issue one more statement: "Till today, I have not drawn cartoon of prophet Mo. But now I will. No one can stop me from drawing what I want. It's my personal choice."
Old November 3rd, 2015, 09:33 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Karnataka CM Siddharamaiah says: "Till today, I haven't eaten beef. But now I will. No one can stop me from eating what I want. It's my personal choice".

Baath kuch palle nahi padi Till today he did not eat beef... meaning it was his personal choice to not eat beef till today. Who is forcing him to eat beef today How come his personal choice changed

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:39 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well said, Mr. Siddharamaiah. Now please issue one more statement: "Till today, I have not drawn cartoon of prophet Mo. But now I will. No one can stop me from drawing what I want. It's my personal choice."
His purpose is served. Some stupid BJP leader has asked to Behead this guy and now that is being as usual highlighted all over. As Amit Shah and Modi recently called them - motormouths.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Does this thread requires my inputs ?
Old November 4th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Junior eCharchan

Jaan-e-man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
Does this thread requires my inputs ?
shooot...
Old November 4th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
From Twitter.. Compiled by @pchaturved

#Intolerance

Yes Intolerance is growing in India and here are a few reasons to support my argument,

• Not one communal riot in the country in the last 16 months, shame on this government against which the liberals campaigned that all hell will break loose.
• Not one terror attack in a country where we had this as a regular happening, how intolerant
• Indian army gets into Mynamar and kills terrorists, how dare you hunt down terrorist.
• India catches a terrorist who has been running from law for 20 plus years, shocking example of Intolerance.
• India doing well on “Ease of Business” how dare we dream of making the transition from a developing nation to developed nation
• Growth on a higher trajectory, how dare India overtake Chinese !!
• Inflation is down to single digit, how very intolerant to control prices by raiding the warehouses of hoarders and seizing pulses.
• FDI is rising, how intolerant and stupid can investors be to invest on the call of a chaiwala !!
• India is being recognized on the world platform and gets appreciated for its help to neighbours, how intolerant that Modi helped Nepal, Malaysia.
• India stands up to Pakistan and China
• India successfully evacuated scores of people of other nations from war-zone area, how intolerant!!
• India is very close to get the Permanent membership of UNSC, what else could be another example of the third world country dreaming of sitting with the developed nations.
• Crores of unwashed masses have been covered by Insurance, isn’t this Intolerance!!
• Lakhs of small investors have got loans under MUDRA, those who depended on doles are getting self-sufficient isn’t this intolerance.
• Lakhs of people have voluntarily given up LPG Subsidy, unheard of in a country where people want a government school, government hospital and government job, isn’t this intolerance !!
There are hardly any voters here, we can act NORMAL here
Old November 4th, 2015, 09:57 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
There are hardly any voters here, we can act NORMAL here
Also all/most are NRI/took citizenship or US/Canada/Australia so we should stop discuss India altogether.

Australia wala missing in action since some time.
Old November 4th, 2015, 02:16 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
From Twitter.. Compiled by @pchaturved

#Intolerance

Yes Intolerance is growing in India and here are a few reasons to support my argument,

• Not one communal riot in the country in the last 16 months, shame on this government against which the liberals campaigned that all hell will break loose.
• Not one terror attack in a country where we had this as a regular happening, how intolerant
• Indian army gets into Mynamar and kills terrorists, how dare you hunt down terrorist.
• India catches a terrorist who has been running from law for 20 plus years, shocking example of Intolerance.
• India doing well on “Ease of Business” how dare we dream of making the transition from a developing nation to developed nation
• Growth on a higher trajectory, how dare India overtake Chinese !!
• Inflation is down to single digit, how very intolerant to control prices by raiding the warehouses of hoarders and seizing pulses.
• FDI is rising, how intolerant and stupid can investors be to invest on the call of a chaiwala !!
• India is being recognized on the world platform and gets appreciated for its help to neighbours, how intolerant that Modi helped Nepal, Malaysia.
• India stands up to Pakistan and China
• India successfully evacuated scores of people of other nations from war-zone area, how intolerant!!
• India is very close to get the Permanent membership of UNSC, what else could be another example of the third world country dreaming of sitting with the developed nations.
• Crores of unwashed masses have been covered by Insurance, isn’t this Intolerance!!

• Lakhs of small investors have got loans under MUDRA, those who depended on doles are getting self-sufficient isn’t this intolerance.
• Lakhs of people have voluntarily given up LPG Subsidy, unheard of in a country where people want a government school, government hospital and government job, isn’t this intolerance !!
The last 2 i have put on bold sound exaggerated. Any sources for that.
Old November 4th, 2015, 03:03 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Don't know mudra but lakhs did give up lpg subsidy. Zee news too has been running the campaign since over a year ago.

Running a sustained audio-visual campaign to rein in welfare costs, the three public sector oil companies have managed to convince over one million consumers across India to surrender their LPG subsidy.

Link: http://m.timesofindia.com/india/One-...w/48026485.cms

Old November 6th, 2015, 06:54 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
As per official site, more than 40 lakhs have given it up.

This news from Aug said that daily 30 to 40K are giving it up. A rare TOI news praising Modi unambiguosly.

30k-4k households giving up LPG subsidy daily
Old November 7th, 2015, 04:35 AM
In search of peace!

Not making headlines perhaps because these are municipal polls.

BJP makes the strongest ever presence in Kerala

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: BJP has made its largest ever political foot print in Kerala when the results of the election to the local self-government institutions were announced here on Saturday.

The most impressive among the performance of BJP was in Thiruvananthapuram, the state capital. BJP amassed 35 seats in the 100 seat corporation council and thus become the second largest political force in the corporation. BJP had only six members in the last corporation council ruled by the CPM led LDF. The BJP which had their presence only in Thiruvananthapuram and Ernakulam corporations in the state in the recent past has opened account in all corporations, except Kannur in this election.

The party won two seats each in Kollam and Ernakulam city corporations and won six and seven seats respectively in Thrissur and Kozhikode city corporations. According to statistics available till 1.30 pm, BJP has the majority to rule one municipality, and 14 grama panchayaths in Kerala, which again is another record. Till now, the BJP did not get the majority seats in even a single gram panchayath outside Kasargodu.

Immediately after the result of the election result trend was over, BJP state president V Muraleedharan said one of the main reasons for the political surge of BJP was the minority appeasement policies followed by both LDF and UDF in the state. According to him, the party has not yet taken a decision on offering or accepting any political support to either LDF or UDF in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation.

The CPM-led LDF that has been ruling the corporation has won only 45 seats this time. The UDF tally is only 21. There are three independent candidates and two of them are UDF rebels. The minimum seats required for any political combine is 51.
Old November 7th, 2015, 05:25 AM

This will only improve. One of my sources did a week of volunteering in Kerala this summer. They went to 5 districts, 20 schools and colleges to lecture parents and kids on career building and planning. Free sessions were attended 800-1000 students and parents at each place.

Now this org is in sangh umbrella, helping students with poor background, involving achievers in social service to build a stronger India. Fully free .. Donate your time.
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:33 AM
In search of peace!

Demand for gender equality against Islam, women have no mental strength: Kerala Sunni Leader

In a controversial remark, Sunni leader Kanthapuram A P Aboobacker Musliar on Saturday described as "un-Islamic" the concept of gender equality and said that women could never equal men as "they are fit only to deliver children".

Musliar, the chief of All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama, said women have no mental strength and the power to control the universe, "which lies in the hands of men."

"Gender equality is something which is never going to be a reality. It is against Islam, humanity and was intellectually wrong," he said while speaking at a camp of Muslim Students Federation (MSF) in Kozhikode.

Women can never equal men. They are fit only to deliver children. Women cannot withstand crisis situations," he said. He wondered if there was even a single woman among thousands of cardiac surgeons.

The 76-year-old Islamic scholar's remarks against reservation for women in elections had set off another controversy recently. He had said 50% reservation of seats for women in civic polls was "too high" but retracted the statement later when it became controversial.

Referring to the ongoing debates over allowing girls and boys to share seats in colleges, Musliar said it was "part of a calculated move to destroy Islam and culture." He also rubbished recent allegations regarding sexual exploitations at Madrasas and asked those who raised allegations to bring evidence to prove it.

A controversy had erupted recently after a woman journalist wrote an account on her Facebook wall about the alleged sexual abuse of young boys and girls in Madrasas.
Old November 28th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Demand for gender equality against Islam, women have no mental strength: Kerala Sunni Leader

In a controversial remark, Sunni leader Kanthapuram A P Aboobacker Musliar on Saturday described as "un-Islamic" the concept of gender equality and said that women could never equal men as "they are fit only to deliver children".

Musliar, the chief of All India Sunni Jamiyyathul Ulama, said women have no mental strength and the power to control the universe, "which lies in the hands of men."

"Gender equality is something which is never going to be a reality. It is against Islam, humanity and was intellectually wrong," he said while speaking at a camp of Muslim Students Federation (MSF) in Kozhikode.

Women can never equal men. They are fit only to deliver children. Women cannot withstand crisis situations," he said. He wondered if there was even a single woman among thousands of cardiac surgeons.

The 76-year-old Islamic scholar's remarks against reservation for women in elections had set off another controversy recently. He had said 50% reservation of seats for women in civic polls was "too high" but retracted the statement later when it became controversial.

Referring to the ongoing debates over allowing girls and boys to share seats in colleges, Musliar said it was "part of a calculated move to destroy Islam and culture." He also rubbished recent allegations regarding sexual exploitations at Madrasas and asked those who raised allegations to bring evidence to prove it.

A controversy had erupted recently after a woman journalist wrote an account on her Facebook wall about the alleged sexual abuse of young boys and girls in Madrasas.
He is speaking the truth, kudos to him. Everybody should understand and accept the truth of Islam that he speaks.