eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old January 17th, 2016, 05:56 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virat Kohli

For the first time in 26 years, India have lost a five-match ODI series in the first three completed games, but skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni doesn't consider it the "biggest disappointment" of his otherwise glittering career.

The winner of two World Cups has now lost his last three ODI series away in Bangladesh, at home to South Africa and now 0-3 in Australia.

Indian bowlers failed to defend totals of 309, 308 and 295 in consecutive ODIs, which gets the sword hanging even closer for the likes of Umesh Yadav who has been the most inconsistent of Indian pacers. The sub-standard fielding in this series has only added to India's woes.

"It's not about the biggest disappointment, all three were close games. On and off our bowling was decent...it was the fielding that let us down," India's ODI and T20I skipper said after losing the series in Melbourne on Sunday.
Old January 17th, 2016, 05:58 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Kohli becomes fastest to 24 ODI tons and to 7000 ODI runs.

India lose the series 0-3 already.
were you up all night watching the game?
Old January 17th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
were you up all night watching the game?
Not all night. Watched it in intervals. Could not sleep well because of cold/cough.
Old January 17th, 2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Not all night. Watched it in intervals. Could not sleep well because of cold/cough.
Same here, only it was the kid's cough and fever that kept me up.
Old January 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM

"Some people are milestone-driven," the Australian allrounder responded to a question whether Mathew Hayden was right in pointing out that the scoring rate of Indian batsmen drops when they are closer to a century.

Indian batsmen Rohit Sharma (2) and Virat Kohli (1) have scored three centuries in as many ODIs played so far in the series, breaking many ODI records. However, on all three occasions, India failed to accelerate in the final overs, which cost them crucial 15-20 runs.

"I think they are probably making sure they get to a milestone," Maxwell added to his response in the post-match press conference at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Talking about his own batting approach, Maxwell said it doesn't matter to him whether he looks "attractive" or not while scoring runs.
"I don't want to be an attractive batsmen; I just want to get the job done," he said when asked how he goes about his business in the middle. I always keep thinking who they have left to bowl, who I can target."

Rohit scored 171* and 124 in the first two ODIs at Perth and Brisbane respectively, while Kohli (117) scored his 24th ODI century the fastest man to reach the landmark in Melbourne on Sunday.

Going back to Hayden's playing days in 2004, the former Australian opener had said that players from the subcontinent play for "personal landmarks".
"In one-day cricket, if you get to 70 or 80, you can obviously get a hundred by just batting carefully but we [Australia] just don't do that. It affects a batsman's statistics but we just don't go for those personal marks.

"Countries like India suffer from that. We back ourselves against those countries because they'll get two or three players in the 70s and beyond and they'll be eyeing off that personal landmark and it will cost their side 40 or 50 runs as a result. Pretty much all the sub-continental sides are like that," Hayden had said.
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

While it is true for some players, it cannot be generalized.
Hayden is a bit light on his head - he has proven it in past. A bit of kick up his butt will do it nicely.
Maxwell joining in is a bit of surprise though.
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Also, I see a smell of jealousy here - they are not used to opponents scoring almost 300 in back to back matches.
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

Kohli's reply to Falkner's sledge which was inaudible :-

Kohli said: “You’re wasting your energy. There’s no point, I’ve smashed you enough in my life. Just go and bowl,”
Old January 17th, 2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
While it is true for some players, it cannot be generalized.
Except Kapil, Sehwag and may be a couple other guys, every other Indian batsman has put landmark over match/country. I completely agree with Hayden and Maxwell.

The reasons are more than personal though, since selection board tends to pay more attention to centuries and landmarks. So many ODI series I noticed a trend, Laxman would get 15, 9, 23, 13, and 103 (a century in final game of series) to ensure his selection in tests.

Somebody give me access to all the data at cricinfo.com, I can surely query my way and prove my hypothesis.

You may hate me for it, but here are more examples,

Sachin - all the time he would slow down from 90 to 100, once I think he blasted Ganguly for not allowing his double century, and another time we had to draw because bugger wouldn't get to his 200, and waste almost one whole session.

Dravid - one of the most nervous 90s candidate.

Azharuddin - I think he holds record for most hundreds missed, he would waste number of overs to try and get a century, eventually get out with a whimper.

I recall overs 40-45 being wasted by many Indian batsmen since they were nearing a century.
Old January 20th, 2016, 04:29 AM

hgmc !! Jaywant Lele's words coming true. Dhoni should be sacked from team before he destroys Indian cricket completely.

Old January 20th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

yeah - but today's loss is more due to Dhawan. Dhoni is a dead weight as well.
Old January 20th, 2016, 07:28 AM

Old January 23rd, 2016, 06:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jayawant lele ki maa ki aankh - ab 0-8(there are 8 games in total , not 7) nahi hoga.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Jayawant lele ki maa ki aankh - ab 0-8(there are 8 games in total , not 7) nahi hoga.
Thanks to Pandey ji India has bragging rights for consolation win.
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Thanks to Pandey ji India has bragging rights for consolation win.
This reminded me of this meme...

Sent from my iPhone.