eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Bargain Basement

Notices

Bargain Basement All the hot deals on shopping , air tickets and stuff!

Old August 25th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
How to be suave?

When you think of suave and sophisticated (male), James Bond comes to mind. Now, all of us cannot be like him. However, we can improve over ourselves.

The question is - how. How to do that? Is there a course, training...?
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:35 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to be suave?

use Suave grooming products..

Old August 25th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
use Suave grooming products..

I tried Suave products and they really are not that good. There are others that are better and help you in becoming suave. Now, there is suave and then there is sophisticated. They need not be one and the same. Though being both is generally preferred.

To be suave you need to have good body positioning. Know how to stand and how to dress and how to smile and how to talk. Generally speaking, it is to do with physical attributes. To be sophisticated is about confidence and general knowledge (the latter, of course, leads to the former). Just an up-to-date knowledge of the latest happenings around the world should do it.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:44 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like Alexander technique?
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
You mean like Alexander technique?
Who tf is Alexander

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 25th, 2016, 12:43 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

is it manners? those social refinements & thoughtful acts of kindness- that makes any man a gentleman, regardless of the size of his wallet? self-confidence?? it's one thing to say we need to change how we act, but it's another thing to do it! Etiquette is more than knowledge :notsure: maybe it's a product of well-rooted self-confidence ... wonder if manners & etiquette matter to men at all? I mean, men must think-Can't we just keep to ourselves, do what we do, & let everyone else be damned? ah, :backtomaintopic: .. one thing for sure- wandering nose hair or a bush sprouting from each ear do not add to a good first impression i believe, a gentleman's care for his appearance should start long before he dresses, with a shower, shave & a little styling! let's discuss overall charisma & sex appeal, later? what say??
Old August 25th, 2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Who tf is Alexander
Look it up. It's pretty interesting.
Old August 25th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody has still answered this - how to be bond-like????
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: How to be suave?

Shring,
Jokes apart, becoming suave is all about how you behave with whom you want to. I mean if you are trying to be polished and suave with a client of yours or a new business prospect then it all comes down to your mannerisms, etiquette and overall behavior.

Mind you, do not be extra or over polished because you will not be able to keep up with it and will fail at some point. This will be more embarrassing than not being polished at all.

I am sure there are what they call as FINISHING SCHOOLS in MUmbai. Look one up and join it.
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Shring,

You will have to put up false pretenses and fake smiles and behave 'Oh-So-Gently' for sake of the client who might be from a different culture business wise.

I have dealt with Englishmen and they are very fuddy duddy and sometimes overly sophisticated. Now my experience of South Africa raised or based Englishmen is very different. They are very blunt and not so sophisticated.

On the other hands, Americans are straight forward to deal with. I have not seen all this sophisticated protocol in California at the very least, if not in the entire USA.

So yes, sometimes for business you need to act and behave differently. Go for it!!
Old August 26th, 2016, 02:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

echarcha,

There was a girl once - I'll call her Dancer. When she was about 16 years or so, she came across a nice trick you can play with bangles. He practiced and practiced in front of the mirror. It took about 1 month, but she got it!. She would gently jerk her hand in a particular way, and all the bangles would come cascading down like a waterfall. It was awesome. After a few months, it became second nature to her. She would do it unconsciously, and would appear attractive.

Of course, as a male I cannot do it. But there are mannerisms that I can inculcate, that will improve my panache. Just tell me what they are, and I'll practice them. With several such mannerisms automatically in your pocket, you become suave.

I'll give you an example. You have a paper, and roll it into a ball and want to throw it in the waste paper basket. One way is to throw it. There is however a move that I am practicing (which I saw someone do) where you use the three central fingers to do it (difficult to explain in text).

I am looking at such "moves". Any ideas?
Old August 26th, 2016, 05:15 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post
Nobody has still answered this - how to be bond-like????
It is like asking, 'how do I run like usain bolt'.

Probably you also know the answer. Work on the following-
- body language ( that sucks. I had started a separate thread on that)
- speaking
- style - dressing walk, etc.

If you have a better half, why not start by taking feedback from her.
Old August 26th, 2016, 09:15 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
echarcha,

There was a girl once - I'll call her Dancer. When she was about 16 years or so, she came across a nice trick you can play with bangles. He practiced and practiced in front of the mirror. It took about 1 month, but she got it!. She would gently jerk her hand in a particular way, and all the bangles would come cascading down like a waterfall. It was awesome. After a few months, it became second nature to her. She would do it unconsciously, and would appear attractive.

Of course, as a male I cannot do it. But there are mannerisms that I can inculcate, that will improve my panache. Just tell me what they are, and I'll practice them. With several such mannerisms automatically in your pocket, you become suave.

I'll give you an example. You have a paper, and roll it into a ball and want to throw it in the waste paper basket. One way is to throw it. There is however a move that I am practicing (which I saw someone do) where you use the three central fingers to do it (difficult to explain in text).

haaye kitna pyaara bolta hai tu he practised & practised ... then she got it & finally could do it unconsciously too- kya baat hai! one of a kind dancer!!

bond-like suave, na? lemme get back to you

Last edited by MsShaanze; August 26th, 2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old August 26th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:

You should look no further than Rajnikant... then. And if you do want to look further than Rajnikant then look at Chuck Norris. You will get all the tricks you need to make yourself suave.

Old August 27th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Junior eCharchan

Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light

Start with shaving, regular hair cut, trimming, if you get sweaty appropriate dressing. All of these things go long ways even with the dark complexion which you can not change. And don't freaking put finger in your nose. Desis try to save money on prolonging haircut as much as possible, not worth it, save some where else.