eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old October 6th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Politicizing of Army

I do not understand when people like Kejriwal , Congress and Hardick Patel say that the sutgical strikes were done by Army. Why is BJP and Modi taking credit for that.

In US the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces is the President. Isn't that true in India ? Just like final decision to go in Pakistan and kill Osama was given by Obama . Was that not same with Modi ?

Then why should Modi not take credit for this ? Why is no on talking about this ?

What am I missing here ? Why are people saying ok Army is great but this is not BJP's work. Hell no this is BJP govt. and Modi's work. Army still reports to Defense Minister , who in turn reports to Modi and they are all under BJP.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 6th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Politicizing of Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I do not understand when people like Kejriwal , Congress and Hardick Patel say that the sutgical strikes were done by Army. Why is BJP and Modi taking credit for that.

In US the Commander in Chief of the Armed forces is the President. Isn't that true in India ? Just like final decision to go in Pakistan and kill Osama was given by Obama . Was that not same with Modi ?

Then why should Modi not take credit for this ? Why is no on talking about this ?

What am I missing here ? Why are people saying ok Army is great but this is not BJP's work. Hell no this is BJP govt. and Modi's work. Army still reports to Defense Minister , who in turn reports to Modi and they are all under BJP.
the difference in India and US democracies is that in India the president is only a rubber stamp for a decision taken by the PM and his/her cabinet of ministers - quite like in the UK's queen. In US the president wields much more power. There is no way the president of India can ever authorise or order an army operation as things stand now.

there are two points of credit to Modi and his government as far as I can see -
1) Unlike the previous coalition governments, this one has had the balls to authorise a strike - of whatever scale. They did not just "condemn in strongest possible words".
2) The strikes did not happen just willy-nilly. Pakistan disputes the strikes even took place and that is probably more to do with the possibility that if Pakistan acknowledges the strikes happened and showed outrage or retaliated overtly, they wont get any support from anyone else (except maybe China). This is perceived to be down to diplomacy of Modi's government and Modi himself. Heck they followed the protocol to such an extent they say they even informed Pakistan they are going to hit the camps...

ofcourse the Army should get bigger credit for carrying the operation out and there is no denying that.
Old October 6th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
the difference in India and US democracies is that in India the president is only a rubber stamp for a decision taken by the PM and his/her cabinet of ministers - quite like in the UK's queen. In US the president wields much more power. There is no way the president of India can ever authorise or order an army operation as things stand now.

there are two points of credit to Modi and his government as far as I can see -
1) Unlike the previous coalition governments, this one has had the balls to authorise a strike - of whatever scale. They did not just "condemn in strongest possible words".
2) The strikes did not happen just willy-nilly. Pakistan disputes the strikes even took place and that is probably more to do with the possibility that if Pakistan acknowledges the strikes happened and showed outrage or retaliated overtly, they wont get any support from anyone else (except maybe China). This is perceived to be down to diplomacy of Modi's government and Modi himself. Heck they followed the protocol to such an extent they say they even informed Pakistan they are going to hit the camps...

ofcourse the Army should get bigger credit for carrying the operation out and there is no denying that.
You did not get my point . My point is Congress is saying why is Modi taking credit for Surgical Strike. I am saying why not ? Isn't he in charge of Army ? Does Modi not give final orders to Army ? Then is the mission is success , why should he not take credit ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:51 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Extending your analogy from IT.

Team achieves a super complex project (a major application release gone horribly wrong, application serves hundreds of client facing reps) in short time of 3 weeks, team members working 14-15 hours a day. The Director claims success, credit and grants 1 week PTO to team. Project Manager gets an award.
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You did not get my point . My point is Congress is saying why is Modi taking credit for Surgical Strike. I am saying why not ? Isn't he in charge of Army ? Does Modi not give final orders to Army ? Then is the mission is success , why should he not take credit ?
Why does MMS claim credit for opening up and expanding India's economy in 90s? His juniors did all the work.

Congress is full of mofos.. to oppose Modi they will go to any level, even shaking hands with Pakistan.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; October 6th, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By their logic, Indira Gandhi and the ruling Congress had no role to play in the Bangladesh Liberation war or any other armed conflicts in which India defeated Pakistan! Then why do Congi's cream their pants singing praises of their highly "effective" leaders?

Unlike Pakistan, Indian Army does not act unilaterally and has to take orders from the ruling establishment.
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Congress or whoever discrediting Modi is nonsense. Earlier PM did not have guts to work proactively towards this or even to give a go-ahead. A gun does not fire by itself - it has to be operated properly
Not a good analogy because army must have done lots of work before asking for a decision from PM.
Modi deserves all of credit he is getting.
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Modi deserves the credit because he laid the foundation that made this strike a no-brainer and empowered the Army to make it happen. Army deserves as much credit to their name, and giving Modi the credit doesn't take anything away from Army.

He visited the world leaders in the first couple of years of his tenure, introduced himself personally to give them a sense of who he is, how he can work with them and vice-versa. In the process, he made a lot of friends who will see a good business partner and someone they can personally relate to. It's natural for them to say, "Hey Modi, well done man... you have my support!"

And the second, and more important part, was for him to to say, "Army, you know what you need to do and how to do it. I trust you to deliver a Surgical Strike!"

It takes balls, which the previous government didn't have. There is no appeasement politics to worry about. That's why Modi deserves the credit.

I guess we're all saying the same things

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited by Charchila; October 7th, 2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: fixing the jaihind smilie...
Old October 6th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=
I guess we're all saying the same things [/QUOTE]

except Khujliwal and Congi

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old October 7th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post

Yes... all of us echans here on echarcha.com are saying the same thing. And so I believe millions... nay, billions of Indians are saying the same thing. Only people not agreeing are congressees, who are having a strange case of Khujli... in their balls.

"If you are unsure of what happened in the past and what is happening in the present then how can you be sure of what will happen tomorrow?" - saneless
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:21 PM

Old October 8th, 2016, 04:00 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But he is saying it more loudly.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Quote:
Modi deserves the credit because he laid the foundation that made this strike a no-brainer and empowered the Army to make it happen. Army deserves as much credit to their name, and giving Modi the credit doesn't take anything away from Army.

He visited the world leaders in the first couple of years of his tenure, introduced himself personally to give them a sense of who he is, how he can work with them and vice-versa. In the process, he made a lot of friends who will see a good business partner and someone they can personally relate to. It's natural for them to say, "Hey Modi, well done man... you have my support!"

And the second, and more important part, was for him to to say, "Army, you know what you need to do and how to do it. I trust you to deliver a Surgical Strike!"

It takes balls, which the previous government didn't have. There is no appeasement politics to worry about. That's why Modi deserves the credit.
Nicely put this one.
There has to be synergy between Army and PM. Like in 71, apparently Maneckshaw pushed back and asked for 6 months for a war He was blaming the general in 62 for not pushing back then.
Old October 8th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
But he is saying it more loudly.
That is the only skill set he has.
Although I am not complaining in this case.
Old October 15th, 2016, 05:23 AM