eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 4th, 2016, 08:19 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Dear zindagi

Alia Bhatt plays a cinematographer in the film industry . Her career is in Mumbai but she is from Goa . Her problem is that she moves from relationship to relationship but shirks away from commitment because of past psychological issues .

Alia really likes Kunal Kapoor and he proposes to her , but because of her issues she misses the bus---she rejects him , and by the time she realises her mistake it is too late . This and problems with the landlord of the house she stays in force her to shift back to Goa , where her parents try to fix her match with various boys without success because her personal issues are with them . But by chance she meets Shah Rukh Khan who is a psychologist . He helps her deal with her past and look at life with a new perspective . He changes her relationship with her parents as she begins to look at them in a new light . Many of her therapy sessions with Shah Rukh occur in the outdoors , and even those in the indoors mesmerise Alia so much that she again falls in love....

Acting is nice by everyone , especially by Alia , SRK and her best friend ( Yashaswini Dayama ) . Because of the semi westernised settings many of the dialogues are in hinglish ( mixture of hindi and english ) . It is the kind of movie that will be liked more by women , though men won't mind sitting with them too...

Songs and music is decent and photography is okay . Alia looks cute in short clothes . SRK looks mature and wizened with a beard . Some of the conversations between Alia and SRK are endearing and the moments of bonding with Yashaswini are really cuddly .

All in all , a decent movie . I will give three stars . Women will give more .
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:34 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear zindagi

Feel good movies make me feel bad
Old December 5th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le remix.
Old December 5th, 2016, 10:26 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I loved the Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le remix.
saw the movie this past weekend- yeh song toh dikhaya bhi nahin. not even playing in the background.

i was disappointed a li'l with this movie- could've been sooo much better :-( saw Kahaani 2, too- they ruined that also :-((
Old December 5th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

haha, Shahrukh's movies are going south now-adays and I dont mean as in Chennai express.

I find it hillarious that the protagonist loses memory in second accident of his life and gets it back just listening to train announcements. :rolleyes
that was a different movie though, so I am not going to watch this is what I am saying
Old December 7th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

btw also found this - ae zindagi in Alia's voice

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

did not like this one.
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:26 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
btw also found this - ae zindagi in Alia's voice

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

did not like this one.
i have a thing for remixes why. but didn't like this one. hamare khayal/taste kitne milte-julte hai

p.s. lovedddddd Laila from "Raees"! heard it yet?
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

listening to Laila now....

There is a "tumse milke" (Parinda remix) in Dear Zindagi.... try it out
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

huh... cant find Laila. every link just goes to a stupid commentary of how this is sunny's big break.... link please?
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:38 AM
be badass

Quote:

sun rahi hoon main

p.s. Parinda - wonderful memories!!!! sweet memories just flooded my head we don't realize it but songs/movies have so many memories attached .. makes the stupidest of songs/movies special!
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

btw saw this movie - Dear Zindagi. unconsciously started to draw an analogy with Tare Zameen pe at some stage. Ended the moving thinking - 1 star. no gravitas. Mental Health is such a significant topic. They could have made it much better.

As it is, showing that she starts falling for Shahrukh belittles the entire therapy saga...
Old December 8th, 2016, 10:25 AM
be badass

Quote:
btw saw this movie - Dear Zindagi. unconsciously started to draw an analogy with Tare Zameen pe at some stage. Ended the moving thinking - 1 star. no gravitas. Mental Health is such a significant topic. They could have made it much better.

As it is, showing that she starts falling for Shahrukh belittles the entire therapy saga...
TZP was a class apart! such a sensitive topic, beautifully handled too.

coming back to DZ stupid stupid storyline! phir toh every boarder will need a psychologist. i have been a boarder all my life-we've never had any complaints there are soooo many kids who stay with their grandparents away from their parents. i mean, seriously, she made it look as if she was the only soul left out in this big bad world while her parents were busy enjoying parties/lifestyle. depression seems to be a fad these days. every other creature you look at is depressed for god knows what silly reasons. there are so many real problems & issues people are dealing with day in & out. nobody talks about that ever!
Alia in this movie seems to have problems with everything. the world must revolve around her at all times. koi itne saalon mein chhodke nahin gaya hai, yaar. girl friends toh hai na? nahin lekin boyfriends ki baat alag hai itnae achche boyfriends milna is something else only. pehle keep him hanging, then when he goes after greener pastures .. you go after your therapist whining. i feel sorry for these therapists-bicharon ka kaise kaise namuno ke saath paala padta hai! I'm not saying it's a mad mad world, but c'mon she being the way she is in the movie was beyond my understanding.
to top it all- in the end when she makes peace with whatever blah blah blah, giving others a chance, accepting others for the way they are not putting parents on the pedestal blah blah ends up singing "jo dil ko lage use bolo hi jo dil na lage toh bolo bye" matlab meri jaan dimaag ka use hi mat karo aur zindagi bhar rote raho
Old December 8th, 2016, 10:30 AM
be badass

Quote:
huh... cant find Laila. every link just goes to a stupid commentary of how this is sunny's big break.... link please?
sorry my bad! checked with my friend who shared the song. it's not out for publuc yet:-( i can't share it here - don't want to get him into trouble. but you'll like it-I'm sure:-)
Old December 8th, 2016, 11:29 AM
be badass

Quote:

see now what you've done this song is so close to my heart .. (i can predict what I'm gonna be upto when i get home) after a heavy drinking sesh, tonight, I'm sure I'm gonna double tapp on all my exe's photos & then there will be no going back from there

p.s. kidding not funny tho :-(. I'm thinking I'll be changing my fb status- let him sit/stay up all night & decode thereafter

Last edited by MsShaanze; December 8th, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old December 8th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
sorry my bad! checked with my friend who shared the song. it's not out for publuc yet:-( i can't share it here - don't want to get him into trouble. but you'll like it-I'm sure:-)
Laila oh laila remix is in Raes and not this movie