eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old December 10th, 2016, 06:00 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
The case of the guy in the video is roughly opposite to mine. I spent most of the childhood in Mumbai, left it for many years and revisited only after attaining maturity. The video's guy went and settled in Mumbai when he still hadn't come to senses. And he stayed there.
What makes you think that
Old December 11th, 2016, 01:47 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You used this one from a previous ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconnaissance View Post
Share and make this edited pic more famous than the original

Old December 11th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Mumbai.. I accept that Mumbai has deteriorated with respect to infrastructure as the population has exploded and infra is far behind. However, I love Mumbai because there is no other city like it in India. I cannot and dont need to explain why Mumbai is unique and special.

To outsiders or even Mumbaikars who now find the city bad and crap, its very simple - dont visit Mumbai and if you are living there then move out to some other place in India.
Old December 14th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice
Arrow Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I am from Mumbai.. I accept that Mumbai has deteriorated with respect to infrastructure as the population has exploded and infra is far behind. However, I love Mumbai because there is no other city like it in India. I cannot and dont need to explain why Mumbai is unique and special.

To outsiders or even Mumbaikars who now find the city bad and crap, its very simple - dont visit Mumbai and if you are living there then move out to some other place in India.
It's not about infrastructure or population. These points are superficial. See OP.

Humko maloom hai Mumbai ki haqeeqat lekin dil ke behlane ke liye yeh khayaal achcha hai
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

...after attaining maturity ...
Are you sure? Maybe you should give yourself some more time.

Old December 15th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.
@echarcha, @ashdoc and other proud/non-proud Mumbaikars,

Did I tell you that I am personally depressed about it?
Old December 15th, 2016, 06:45 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You don't have to tell that to us. We can sense that.
Old December 15th, 2016, 08:31 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your head is messed up and stuck in a gone era.

Mumbai is anything but cheap unless you live in slums. Food is great unless you eat in roadside stalls. I ate in the iconic restaurants, food was costly but as awesome as it can be. Restaurant prices for the same quality of food are at least 20-30% higher in Mumbai than in Delhi, I tried it out both cities about 2 years back.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 16th, 2016 at 06:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old December 15th, 2016, 12:38 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

guys, please be kind to Ambernath. if you come across the word "depressed" in his threads #DobaraPoocho
Old December 16th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Banned

Arrow Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Prices of anything in a city is a significant indicator about that city. Low prices are an indication of greatness of that city. Low cost of living means the city's people are industrious and it (the people's industriousness) causes the goods and services to be available at cheap rates.

Last edited by Ambernath; December 16th, 2016 at 04:47 AM.
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:07 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Prices of anything in a city is a significant indicator about that city. Low prices are an indication of greatness of that city. Low cost of living means the city's people are industrious and it (the people's industriousness) causes the goods and services to be available at cheap rates.
Be ready to remain depressed forever, every big and great city is costly to live in.. check any big metro around the world. New York, SFO, Chicago, Miami, London, Paris.

I challenge you to name one great city other than Utopia.. per your standards of cheap living for millions of it's inhabitants.
Old December 17th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Banned

Question Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Be ready to remain depressed forever, every big and great city is costly to live in.. check any big metro around the world. New York, SFO, Chicago, Miami, London, Paris.

I challenge you to name one great city other than Utopia.. per your standards of cheap living for millions of it's inhabitants.
I believe it was Soviet Union. I have heard stories of how during Soviet times, a range of services were provided at low cost and Soviet Union can be argued to be a great country. It was clearly the no. 1 Chess playing country in the world and however crappy it's technology be, it is believed to be indigenous.
Old December 17th, 2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I believe it was Soviet Union. I have heard stories of how during Soviet times, a range of services were provided at low cost and Soviet Union can be argued to be a great country. It was clearly the no. 1 Chess playing country in the world and however crappy it's technology be, it is believed to be indigenous.
You go back there again. The joke was 'If Soviet Union took over Sahara Desert, in 50 years,, there would be a shortage of sand'

Babu had posted a link of Reagan joking on soviets most probably in a thread started by you. will search and post that.
Old December 17th, 2016, 08:05 PM

There are a lot of such disappointments.
Images of Mumbai show high rise buildings but you reach and find mostly slums and many pot hoked.

Bangalore was rated as cleaner than Chandigarh, but was far from that we even in 99s. Shakti pai had started another thread on the current situation.

Go without expectation and you will love the city. Hyderabad used to score on that. In the bang to HYD buses I used to hear " it is much better than Bangalore"
Old December 17th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey man, Pyongyang is the best city in the world by your measure. You should go live there. Really cheap and industrious.