eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old December 18th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice
Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

After the Mumbai visit I developed a dislike for the songs I loved before because those songs were made there.

Last edited by Ambernath; December 19th, 2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:04 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Babu had posted a link of Reagan joking on soviets most probably in a thread started by you. will search and post that.
Here it is. yes. It was in a thread started by you :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
Soviet Russia while manufacturing jet fighters and nuke subs at a faster pace than any other country in the world was unable to make enough pharmaceuticals to keep its own people healthy.

A state which was formed stating that class division should not exist. Where every service provided by govt had class divisions, the commie party higher upps used to get medicines from France and the regular soviet citizen had to treat his illness with capsules that were filled with wheat flour and tonics that had colored water. This was due to the idiotic failure of the five year plans where communist higher upps did not have the know of situation at the ground, they just made up some arbitrary figures which had to be reached by every industry. When the pharma companies did not get enough raw material, they improvised. Because of this the higher upps did not believe in the capability of Soviet medicines.

Near the end of the Soviet Russia, more than 90% of work done by KGB was in industrial espionage. Soviets were only catching up to the improvements in technology made by USA. Even with spending so much effort on Industrial spying, they could not come up to US in technical level, case in point would be the microprocessors.

some jokes told by Ronald Regan about Soviet system which were told to him by Soviets themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3z3eSVG7A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihRIK1vhto
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxzAtp48Jyk
I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLW7r4o2_Ow
I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2-CBGOZag
I AGREE

........ will write more about this later.
Old December 19th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Banned

Ambernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really niceAmbernath is just really nice

I AGREE
Old December 19th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Banned

Amogh is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Old December 19th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Banned

Meanwhile someone concurred:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore112 View Post
Im on my first visit to mumbai..being shown the place around by my friends.. while i agree with you on the food that its not as great compared to a lot of the other places i have been and not to mention the price is nowhere near what the quality of the food should dictate..Other than that so far ive seen a whole range of women from super ugly to super gorgeous.. the night life is awesome.. the same as what i saw in bangalore if not better..the rest of what you said is common for most parts of india..not that all people are corrupt and blood thirsty demons..lol..but they are always looking for a way to make some quick bucks..though on the whole with the right group of friends you can have an amazing time in mumbai..
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I love Mumbai because there is no other city like it in India. I cannot and don't need to explain why Mumbai is unique and special.
I know what you are talking about. But it could be 'Raju Srivastav effect'. It means he sounded so great when we were newly acquainted to Raju Srivastav jokes. Once the novelty wore off he was irritating. Many (which includes college students and even famous public figures like former Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh) would concur with this view. When he once ridiculed Navjot Sidhu he was actually indirectly ridiculing Raju Srivastav. Navjot Sidhu is known to laugh a lot at Raju Srivastav's jokes. Amarinder Singh had said, "The jokes that he cracks have become stale." Being a Sikh, Amarinder could not directly criticize Srivastav because of reasons of political correctness. Amarinder had also said, "He (Sidhu) reminds me of Johnny Walker (comedian) and will be a hit in the Mumbai film world." By the way, was the mention of 'Mumbai' in his tirade a mere coincidence?

Last edited by Ambernath; December 24th, 2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I love Mumbai because there is no other city like it in . I cannot and don't need to explain why Mumbai is unique and special.
Can Mumbai boast of Calcutta like greatness? Big cities produce great technical geniuses. Calcutta has produced some and is closely associated with some scientists like Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose, Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri etcetera. Now, pray someone tell me. Of whom can 'Mumbai' be proud of?

Last edited by Ambernath; December 24th, 2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old December 24th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Banned

Question Re: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The people's IQ is pretty average. People's body language is obnoxious.
Did you feel like this group? Asking this question because in Mumbai there are large numbers of Gujaratis and this group too was primarily concerned with Gujaratis. Did you feel same as what they felt?

In July 1987, they (this group) had a letter published in the Jersey Journal stating that they would take any means necessary to drive the Indians (read Gujaratis) out of Jersey City:

"I'm writing about your article during July about the abuse of Indian People (read Gujaratis). Well I'm here to state the other side. I hate them, if you had to live near them you would also. We are an organization called the Dotbusters. We have been around for 2 years. We will go to any extreme to get Indians (read Gujaratis) to move out of Jersey City. If I'm walking down the street and I see a Hindu (read Gujaratis) and the setting is right, I will hit him or her. We plan some of our most extreme attacks such as breaking windows, breaking car windows, and crashing family parties. We use the phone books and look up the name Patel. Have you seen how many of them there are? Do you even live in Jersey City? Do you walk down Central avenue and experience what its like to be near them: we have and we just don't want it anymore. You said that they will have to start protecting themselves because the police cannot always be there. They will never do anything. They are a weak race physically and mentally. We are going to continue our way. We will never be stopped."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotbusters

Last edited by Amogh; December 24th, 2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old December 25th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons.
Interesting trivia: The latest local trains there produced a new kind of sound which I think was not there when I used to live there. Anyway, it was as if the trains gave appropriate background music for the criminal ambiance of the whole place.

P.S.: You should hear it to appreciate the appropriateness.

Last edited by Ambernath; December 25th, 2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:07 AM
Banned

What's common between 1990 movie 'Total Recall' and Mumbai city? Both are full of weirdly deformed and physically repulsive creatures similar to this:

I AGREE

I AGREE
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:26 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh View Post
What's common between 1990 movie 'Total Recall' and Mumbai city? Both are full of weirdly deformed and physically repulsive creatures similar to this:

I AGREE

I AGREE
This Mumbai disappointment is going to consume you .. get a hold of yourself man.

Tell me how your 'pensioners paradise' Bengaluru is doing? Any thing to be proud of still left there or just gone to the dogs?
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
This Mumbai disappointment is going to consume you .. get a hold of yourself man.

Tell me how your 'pensioners paradise' Bengaluru is doing? Any thing to be proud of still left there or just gone to the dogs?
I am not being consumed by anything. I am calling spade a spade.

Regarding beautiful women, I was talking about Mysore not Bangalore. They are really impressive.

Come see for yourself. Be my guest. Idiomatically and literally.

I mentioned Bangalore in the context of prices.

Last edited by Amogh; January 9th, 2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old January 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

Bengaluru ko toh kab se, lakwa aur lunaa laga huaa hai,... Kab se, Lula - Lungada ho chuka hai,... !

abhi tak sirf gandagi ki hi, sirf baatein ho rahi thii,.... aab,... Lo n' Have it,...
now these rapists are also on da street like a khulle saand ( I'm borrowing the words of JD saar ) ,...... Night of shames,..... New year's non-stop rapes Celebration and what not,.. !!

Rok shako toh Rok lo,... !!

Old January 8th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

RE : Bengaluru's Serial rapes on New year's Eve,..

IMHO,.. Govt. needs to do three things,..

- da whole thing is,... Govt. should first give all and full protection, no inquiry, and all appreciation to all preventers, helpers and savers in such cases..... ( who fights, saves girl in trouble,.. ) ! They should be given big/small appreciation ( to meet and shake hand ) from their beloved star-cast may be actor/cricketers or singers,.. and also,.. if they wanna keep their name in total privacy, that should also be allowed,. just like in US in anyone wins lottery, he is allowed to keep his name private from any propaganda for his own safety,..

Later, Govt should give a small slogan word to the society,.. say,.. " Maaro "
and propaganda the public that whenever this scream word is heard from anywhere at any time,.. any raah-geer, or third party road-siders can intervene in that event,.. and janta and society is allowed to hit, beat, crush and smash the culprit by unity and that task would be appreciated by the govt police itself,.. as ours small nos of police can not protect 130 Crs all the time,.. This work would be plain appreciated and NOT inquired, unless fraud and felony was deeply smelled to have planted,..

So, give this slogan word " Maaro " and whenever wherever this scream is heard,.. all janta are allowed to intervene in it,
be it,. the crime suspects raping the girl,... robbing the girl,...
or two bike-guys robbing the gold-chain and purse/ornament and trying to run away,...

Make this Slogan so famous all over India,.... Show it over and over on all TV channels as small Ads,.. just like,.. " Sab ka Saath, Sab ka Vikas " and anyone in deep trouble, can use this slogan,.. and scream and shout for help,.. Helpers will be very much appreciated,. just like Olympiad winners or International match Vijetaas,.. and IF,..........one is found mis-using this slogan will be in triple penalty and punishment,...,
just like, in US if you call falsely 911 and play prank to aag-ambulence and police,.. penalty will be severe..

In fact,....It's not rape only,...

the incidents have increased in millions, of two biker snatching the chains and running away,...
Or,...
Electricians, Plumbers, phone line -checkers, and LPG gas workers blanketed thugs/crooks get in to your house,........ saying we are from elec. company to check yr elec. meter or LPG connection pipes safety,.. yada yada
and then they rob you monetarily and bodily,..

Kindly, check these Chain-snatching videos too,... incidents are now noted in hundreds in each city,...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ikers+in+India