eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old June 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Atarangi Echarchan

viruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond reputeviruss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stock market - Are you a smart investor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbachev View Post
i am thinking about investing in some mutual funds for short term investment from the house of hdfc,icici and reliance.Pls suggest something good!
MFs should be judged on the basis of their performance and mainly THEIR HISTORY of good performance and not on their NAV.

The role of the Fund manager is the most important one.

idfc premier equity plan a - 5 star

reli regular saving scheme equity/reliance diversified power sector fund - 5star

hdfc equity/hdfc top 200 - 4star
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Junior eCharchan

garbachev is a jewel in the roughgarbachev is a jewel in the roughgarbachev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
What about SBI PSU fund?

Is it advisable to invest in a fund which does trade only in PSUs?
thanks so much.
i can invest anywhere between 1 year to 3 years in them.
They sure are good profitable funds!and the minimum investment is 50,000 i believe!
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:06 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What about SBI PSU fund?

Is it advisable to invest in a fund which does trade only in PSUs?
Why would you like to invest in such a fund, bro? There was talk about it on TV some days ago and the general consensus was that PSUs are not the most profitable of ventures; because of the very nature of their existence their profits are limited by government policies.

Better security? Then why not other instruments like ELSS or ULIPs?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old June 11th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Why would you like to invest in such a fund, bro? There was talk about it on TV some days ago and the general consensus was that PSUs are not the most profitable of ventures; because of the very nature of their existence their profits are limited by government policies.

Better security? Then why not other instruments like ELSS or ULIPs?

there is a news item in today or yesterday's TOI i guess...that govt is going to disinvest zillions of rs due to some rules change...how that is going to affect these PSU funds?

i was thinking to invest in ONGC/SBI/HPCL....but i m not able to make decision as i am getting contradictory reports about PSUs/Funds/ELSS/ULIPS
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Today there was a news that the govt. had decided to defer disinvestment in Hindustan zinc and one more PSU (yaad nahi kaunsa). If you are interested in such big names like ONGC, HPCL etc then there are some sector specific funds (Oil & gas) and there are also large-cap specific funds.

One strategy that I have seen the people adopt (for a balance of security and risk and returns) these days is to invest in the monthly return scheme of Post office and then invest the monthly interest in a stock SIP. post office gives 8% pa i.e. Rs. 80pm on one time investment of 12000/-. Doesn't sound like much but the financial advisers seem to think it will give good returns.

Again there is talk that gold will double (40k/10gm) in 2 years time.

Old June 11th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Today there was a news that the govt. had decided to defer disinvestment in Hindustan zinc and one more PSU (yaad nahi kaunsa). If you are interested in such big names like ONGC, HPCL etc then there are some sector specific funds (Oil & gas) and there are also large-cap specific funds.

One strategy that I have seen the people adopt (for a balance of security and risk and returns) these days is to invest in the monthly return scheme of Post office and then invest the monthly interest in a stock SIP. post office gives 8% pa i.e. Rs. 80pm on one time investment of 12000/-. Doesn't sound like much but the financial advisers seem to think it will give good returns.

Again there is talk that gold will double (40k/10gm) in 2 years time.

Yes regarding gold my investment advisor also told to invest in a gold bond...but i highly doubt it will touch 40K in 2 yrs time... 2007-2008 mein we had purchased gold at around 11-12K and now it is trading at 18-19K level so at the max it will go upto 30K in 2 years time...
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:26 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
..2007-2008 mein we had purchased gold at around 11-12K and now it is trading at 18-19K level so at the max it will go upto 30K in 2 years time...
percentagewise calculate kar na..

Old June 17th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Junior eCharchan

garbachev is a jewel in the roughgarbachev is a jewel in the roughgarbachev is a jewel in the rough

Really interesting news!Didnt get much on it accept that there was a talk tof something like this happening!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:07 AM
Junior eCharchan

lakhhubhai is on a distinguished road

Mr.Garbachev can you please tell me which are the top 3 funds from the house of Birla,DSP Merrill Lynch and Reliance?
Old October 20th, 2014, 03:25 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are you a smart investor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKhiladi View Post
ZECCO.com is what I use
4 USD a trade. but you also get 10 free trades if you to 25+ trades a month ot maintain a balance of 25k.

I shifted everything from ameritrate to zecco. Zeccco doesnt have the nice tools that other sites provide but I use the toold from ameritrade platform for tech anlysis.
Happy Birthday Khiladi