eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 5th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

charchili, tereko problem hai kya

me traaying to diffuse some tension yaar!
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
1. Why dont we permit ppl to go nude? Its against morality - right? Everything cannot be a matter of choice. You see, Beauty contests are a ploy to sell us lipsticks and shampoo when what we need is food and education.

That is why there is a law against public nudity. I am sorry .. thats where the law draws the line.

2. You say that "as long as it is not against the law" - I am asking that we pass a law banning them

Good luck.

3. You say "If they want to win fame and money by showing of their bodies, more power to them". Im not against women having fame and power. But do it a way that does not degrade womanhood - See Mo Theresa, M. Curies, etc

Who are you (or me) to decide right and wrong way of getting fame. What if a girl's main asset is her looks? She doesnt have much brains or skills. You are saying that she cant use those looks to her advantage. Thats rubbish.

4. Beauty contests are discriminatory to Muslim women who have to wear the veil. Ever thought of their rights? Just for the sake of 2000 odd participants, you cannot ignore 200 mill Muslims and a majority of right thinking Hindus

So Muslim women should stop wearing veils because 400 mill Hindu women dont wear them. QED. Arre baba, to each his own. You wanna wear a veil, wear one. You wanna go to a beauty contest, go to one. You wanna compete in a BC , compete.

5. Ideas have to be in consonance with thye culture. Tell me - are BCs in consonance with Indian culture??

Yes they are. Indian culture had no problem with scantily clad women. See all the statues in various places.

6. Even most women are against BCs

And the proof of this statement would be ...???

7. Must we spend so much of national resources in a poor country like ours??

The contests earn money. Both forex and stirs up local economies. Trust me, if it wasnt financially viable, it wouldnt happen.

In sum - let women have power the proper way - not this shamagammy way plz.

Once again, how can you decide what is the right and wrong way ?

Are you suggesting every woman wear a burkha?
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Shringarey

1. Why dont we permit ppl to go nude?

Shr
i second this idea.. I am totally for it.
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl

charchili, tereko problem hai kya

me traaying to diffuse some tension yaar!
No problems... lekin it was Charchila who posted it, Charchili ni vaar che
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Quote:

1. Why dont we permit ppl to go nude?

Shr
i second this idea.. I am totally for it.
I wouldn't mind it either...
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Talking

ITs in cultural influences and not Indian politics awara_dost. Waise I agree... Put it in a different forum. Hell create a new forum for it... Call it .. Beauty Contests
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally posted by nydood
ITs in cultural influences and not Indian politics awara_dost. Waise I agree... Put it in a different forum. Hell create a new forum for it... Call it .. Beauty Contests
Dood... meri tarah delete kar do yeh post
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:38 PM
eFriend

awara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by nydood
I think this should be in "Anything else".

Looking in "Cultural influences" and saying "Indian politcs" prove that I could be eligible for the membership of LLKC......

Awara Hawa ka Jhonka Hoon, aa Nikla Hoon Pal do Pal ke Liye.
When you meet a man, you know his face but not his heart
Apni apni dhapli aur apna apna raag, eCharcha me apne baato ke gole daag
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally posted by awara_dost

I think this should be in "Anything else".

Looking in "Cultural influences" and saying "Indian politcs" prove that I could be eligible for the membership of LLKC......
Sure, please send your payment as soon as possible. Make your check payable to Charchila. Thank you.
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:47 PM
eFriend

awara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of lightawara_dost is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila

Sure, please send your payment as soon as possible. Make your check payable to Charchila. Thank you.
I already sent a cheque payable to Charchila, please acknowledge it. Thank You.

Old June 5th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:
Originally posted by awara_dost

I already sent a cheque payable to Charchila, please acknowledge it. Thank You.
Oops... it says you don't have enough balance in the bank account.
Old June 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Smelli,

As long as women are not being forced into it, why should anyone object? If they want to win fame and money by showing of their bodies, more power to them. They are exercising a freedom of choice. As long as it is not against the law, it is fine.

1. Why dont we permit ppl to go nude? Its against morality - right? Everything cannot be a matter of choice. You see, Beauty contests are a ploy to sell us lipsticks and shampoo when what we need is food and education.

Nudity is not able to sell anything.....because after that everybody can see only ONE thing
Really, It is said clothes make a person.
Without any clothes, there would be no viewers.
Basic Human mentality. One is interested till there is some suspense, not after.

2. You say that "as long as it is not against the law" - I am asking that we pass a law banning them

Why???? control me nahi rehta hain kya?

3. You say "If they want to win fame and money by showing of their bodies, more power to them". Im not against women having fame and power. But do it a way that does not degrade womanhood - See Mo Theresa, M. Curies, etc

Again, correct me ladies if i ma wrong, ONE thing that a lady likes to do is SHOW OFF her assets. That is her inherent nature. How can u stop this?

4. Beauty contests are discriminatory to Muslim women who have to wear the veil. Ever thought of their rights? Just for the sake of 2000 odd participants, you cannot ignore 200 mill Muslims and a majority of right thinking Hindus

Mohammad should have thought of that before ordering womenfolk to wear a veil compulsarily.
viase to bolte hain he thought of everything.
How come he did not think of this?
Why don't u propose a FIRST ammendment to the Qoran?
oops sorry! can't do that. 'cause that is the final word of God.
Sorry.

5. Ideas have to be in consonance with thye culture. Tell me - are BCs in consonance with Indian culture??

Indian = Hindu?
Then YES.
Hindu women were always free to wear what they wanted & romp around before the advent of the muslim chewtiyaas.

6. Even most women are against BCs

Not the ones I know.

7. Must we spend so much of national resources in a poor country like ours??

Good point.
But organizing such events in fact attract money from around the world.

In sum - let women have power the proper way - not this shamagammy way plz.

Women are free to do what they will. Nobody forces them or nobody prevents them.

Shr

Old June 5th, 2002, 02:01 PM
eFriend

Quote:
Originally posted by Charchila

Oops... it says you don't have enough balance in the bank account.
Dear Sir,
You might be having some mistake. I sent you one certified cheque so there should not be such problem.

Either you are getting a first cheque to cash so u don't know how to present in bank or you are not the right person to cash my cheque.

Thank you.

Old June 5th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
Bhaiyaa Shringaare kaunsee sadi mei paidaa hue thae
Old June 5th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
I really dont care

The women who participate do it on their own accord.

The participants are not in any way representative of the entire female population.

So what's the big deal if some beautiful women compete on basis of their good looks and figure?

Those who wish to enjoythese events are welcome to and those who dont can close their eyes Its not as if some terrorism is being committed in such competitions.