eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old July 14th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
Point 1 :- What is this thread doing in the politics forum Ankur ?

Point 2 : - Uncle Arun , I can concur with you , over the modelling assignments , but still I wish to add that no batsman in the world , can always score applausingly .After all cricket is a game by chance and badminton is a game by dance .

I do not know which batsman in the present AND / OR in the past do you rate the best , but for me Viv Richards was always the best batsman the world ever produced , and yet he also sometimes cudn't deliver according to his potential , and in those days neither were the modelling assigments nor were these match fixings even heard off.( atleast in my knowledge)

Moreover I personally feel that , instead of making money from the match fixings it's far much , better that Sachin or any other player makes money through these modelling assignments .Moreover sachin is amongst those names by which India is known today and all thanks to him and also to his modelling asigments and the media for that .

After all we all are human beings and we all love money to the extent that the more we have it the more we want .

Lastly Sachin is able to fly those kites with Amitabh , only as long as he is in the Indian cricket team .The day he is out , he would be able to fly those kites if he so chooses , only at his home without getting payed for it .

sports people don't last for ever and retire at an early age , so I personally feel that it's fully justified that Sachin is securing his future financially, as he won't be able to get a chance to do so once he is out of cricket .If his game becomes unsatisfactory , for whatever reasons , trust me it would more be a cause of concern to him then us , as the more better he would play , the more assignments he would get .

What Sachin presently needs to do is to maintain a proper balance between the Kites and cricket and that would do all of us good , including him .I am sure he knows all this and would take necessary measures when he feels , that their is a need to do so .
Incase he doesnt realises all this , and makes some efforts , to prioritize between the kites and cricket , he would himself end up like his Pal Vinod Kambli - Thanks to kambli's ear rings and modelling assigmnets .

Please correct me if I am wrong , as I do not watch a lot of cricket and so consequently my sources could be faulty .

Regards

Last edited by SlyBoots; July 14th, 2002 at 04:40 PM.
Old July 14th, 2002, 09:28 PM
D'oh!

patel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of lightpatel_rahul is a glorious beacon of light
Drop Sachin for a series or two

Finally, the youngsters proved the fraud that Sachin(among many other senior players) are. I don't know how many of you saw the final of the NatWest Series. But the way Sachin threw away his wicket tells all. And if you don't believe me, read some of the columns on some online newspapers.

Sachin had already given up when he came to bat in the final. India faced a huge challenge, and Sachin threw in the towel. He begin taking risky shots(that too for singles only) and finally got bold. That's the kind of attitude that has been responsible for our lost in 9 out of last 10 finals. Just look up Sachin's stats in all those 10 finals, and the numbers will speak for themselves.
Old July 14th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

bakchatter is on a distinguished road
Well Sachin is not a fraud. Whats wrong with you Patel. How many times has India won matches just because of him? Just once he faltered and others came out good and you are blaming him now? He did play a rash shot but I guess he has been in the team for the past 9 finals and has seen us losing them all the time and this time too after 4 wickets fell down cheaply maybe he just wanted to thump and hit India out of the rut or mybe he did give up because of the past 9 games.
And then again maybe Yuvraj and Kaif didnt give up because they havent been part of the team that has lost nine finals. For a chase of this magnitude India has always had its youngsters come out trumps when the seniors had almost always given up. I remember the 316 chase against Pukistan in Dhaka. Ganguly led the way with his hundred then, and Ganguly was a youngster then.

But yes, I was looking for Tendulkar and Dravid in the victory party on the field but couldnt spot them. Were they there??

I couldnt hear Bishen Singh Bedi's comments on TV. Did anybody else hear them on AajTak? What did he say?
Old July 15th, 2002, 12:04 AM
eCharchan

arun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Echarchan,

No where in the world the cricketers earn so much money by modelling as they do in India. If you play cricket then that should be your main business.

Unfortunately the Shit Drink called Pepsi has started this fraud. Even young Yuvraj was also roped in and he lost on performance.
Thank heavens the chap has corrected himself.

Afterall players like Tendulkar do not depend any more on cricket
and that is leading to his failures. If he were to earn his living only from cricket he would have gone back to basics and consulted his one time Guru Acharekar. But he has hardly any time for this.

If you are a legend then your performance must match your reputation or else ---
Old July 15th, 2002, 12:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

I STRONGLY DISAGREE.
I WILL TOTALLY AND VEHEMENTLY DEFEND TENDULKAR'S COMMITMENT TOWARDS CRICKET.

Look at his performance in this series.

Matches : 7
Not Outs: 1
Runs : 337
Highest : 113
Average : 56.16 (Higher than his overall career average)
S/R : 93.09
100s : 2

Comeon guys. You are criticising the legend of Indian cricket, the one man whose every boundary made you exhilirate and dance with joy just because he failed in one match. Maybe the pressure of losing nine finals got to him after seeing loss of quick wickets here too.
I am really really dissapointed by those people's attitude who are questioning this guy's commitments who has been our hero for a long long time.
Old July 15th, 2002, 01:04 AM
Banned

DimaagSeHathela is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by bakchatter
I STRONGLY DISAGREE.
I WILL TOTALLY AND VEHEMENTLY DEFEND TENDULKAR'S COMMITMENT TOWARDS CRICKET.

Look at his performance in this series.

Matches : 7
Not Outs: 1
Runs : 337
Highest : 113
Average : 56.16 (Higher than his overall career average)
S/R : 93.09
100s : 2

Comeon guys. You are criticising the legend of Indian cricket, the one man whose every boundary made you exhilirate and dance with joy just because he failed in one match. Maybe the pressure of losing nine finals got to him after seeing loss of quick wickets here too.
I am really really dissapointed by those people's attitude who are questioning this guy's commitments who has been our hero for a long long time.

haar jayenge saale ullu ke dum
Old July 15th, 2002, 01:23 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
yuvraj and kaif have added a much needed boost to india. they are both excellent players. as for tendulkar i think too much pressure is placed on him to score a century in every innings, which is not possible.

let's remember that when history compiles a list of all time greats in the future tendulkar's name will certainly be in it
Old July 15th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by vakil sahib
let's remember that when history compiles a list of all time greats in the future tendulkar's name will certainly be in it
...and we all will be proud that he is an Indian.
Old July 25th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Everybody forgot the 'Storm' final match against Aussies at Sharjah and the semi-final also while criticising Tendulkar here. The storm of Sachin Tendulkar had smashed Aussies away.
Old July 25th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Drop Sachin for a series or two

Quote:
Originally posted by patel_rahul
He begin taking risky shots(that too for singles only) and finally got bold. That's the kind of attitude that has been responsible for our lost in 9 out of last 10 finals.
just logged in for a minute..but couldnt help making comment on this post...

patel bhai..do u think such attitudes (pls. c patel bhai's post) really r resposible for our defeats
Old July 28th, 2002, 02:54 PM
eCharchan

arun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond reputearun has a reputation beyond repute
Dear Echarchans,

Do you even now think that Tendulkar has a place in India team?

He is supposed to be the best batsman India has ever produced. What has he done in this test match?
Wilted under pressure and got out for mere 17 or so runs. If he had failed in the first inning then he was expected to atleast make a score that would have saved India from shameful defeat.

Let him be sent back to India for his Modelling assignments. He may excel in kite flying with other oldies.

This pathetic performance should not go without due punishment.
Old August 3rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
Banned

ankursharma435 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by arun
Dear Echarchan,

Look at the pathetic score of great Tendulkar in the finals. Made his regular 14 runs and got out. Is this your expectation from him?

The little bird said that the day before the match, he has possibly received a call from Worldtel for another Rs. 1 crore (only)modeling assignment. Possibly another kite flying episode with the old angry man of Bollywood.

i think its all because he hasnt won the "wisden cricketer of the century' award...may be heart break
Old August 7th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ankursharma435

i think its all because he hasnt won the "wisden cricketer of the century' award...may be heart break
koi lekar jao isko...dr. nitin bansal...i'em sendig a patient to u ..n pharmacist tinda...give him some good dawaii...aashiq ki aulaad..sochte bhi dil se hain ..subah subah mood kharab kar diya
Old August 24th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by arun
Dear Echarchans,

Do you even now think that Tendulkar has a place in India team?

He is supposed to be the best batsman India has ever produced. What has he done in this test match?
Wilted under pressure and got out for mere 17 or so runs.This pathetic performance should not go without due punishment.
Hi Arun, how is life? I hope everything is ok. Didnt hear from you since Sachin's 92 at TrentBridge and thereafter his 30th century at Leeds yesterday.