eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Polls

Notices

Polls Polls for anything and everything

View Poll Results: What do think of the quality of discussions on EC off late?
EC is now more interesting than before! 11 21.15%
People left on the board are not as good as the members who left. 9 17.31%
There is no difference. It's the same. 19 36.54%
I am new but I like the way eCharcha.Com is 8 15.38%
EC was more interesting earlier 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 19th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Question Quality Of EC Discussions

There was recently a big hue and cry about the exit of certain members from EC. However my personal opinion is that the members still participating on EC are much better than some who have left due to personal reasons. There are so many posts here without hindi abuses which had come to be the norm on EC a few months back. People are now more interested in debates and refuting points raised by some on basis of valid arguments. No one resorts to abuses. People seem to restrain themselves well and behave in a civil way.

What do think of the quality of discussions on EC off late?

Let us participate in this poll!
Old October 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quality Of EC Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking
There was recently a big hue and cry about the exit of certain members from EC. However my personal opinion is that the members still participating on EC are much better than some who have left due to personal reasons. There are so many posts here without hindi abuses which had come to be the norm on EC a few months back. People are now more interested in debates and refuting points raised by some on basis of valid arguments. No one resorts to abuses. People seem to restrain themselves well and behave in a civil way.

What do think of the quality of discussions on EC off late?

Let us participate in this poll!
i enjuoy it fhully...people shouldn't take anything personally...leave ego in the shitpot
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:04 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Quality Of EC Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya
i enjuoy it fhully...people shouldn't take anything personally...leave ego in the shitpot
this poll is better when answered by oldies rather than newbies like us! and you are right. nothing is to be taken personal.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
this poll is better when answered by oldies rather than newbies like us! and you are right. nothing is to be taken personal.
BTW ...ramesh i was here 4 years back as well...but only participated for 3-4 mnths...not a active user...left maybe time and some other stuff happened...and am back again happilly...and i told sunit as well my maybe old ID......I welcome even newbies if they can go thru archives and compare the quality...
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:56 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Quality Of EC Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya
BTW ...ramesh i was here 4 years back as well...but only participated for 3-4 mnths...not a active user...left maybe time and some other stuff happened...and am back again happilly...and i told sunit as well my maybe old ID......I welcome even newbies if they can go thru archives and compare the quality...
thats great man. u should be knowing lot of oldies here then. also, all i meant was old members would know the difference better than newbies, not that newbies cant vote or voice their opinion.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 20th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
thats great man. u should be knowing lot of oldies here then. also, all i meant was old members would know the difference better than newbies, not that newbies cant vote or voice their opinion.
i was not very active like now...but remember big g,netra....
Old October 20th, 2005, 01:34 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

We had a bunch of good guys and great behens ... oldies you call them ... sad they left and never said their byes ... Netra Behen did. I wish ... really wish ... some echarchans come back to tell us ... what goes wrong when echarchans meet in person? What the hell happens?

This site lives off new members. New members are our bread and butter. Among newbies ... Landyabhai is sorely missed.

I do notice ... it is easier for new members to assimilate now than say a year ago ... not that old timers were not a welcoming lot ... one of our good member having created hundred plus duplicate ids did not help.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old October 20th, 2005, 01:47 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

Thumbs up Re: Quality Of EC Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
We had a bunch of good guys and great behens ... oldies you call them ... sad they left and never said their byes ... Netra Behen did. I wish ... really wish ... some echarchans come back to tell us ... what goes wrong when echarchans meet in person? What the hell happens?

This site lives off new members. New members are our bread and butter. Among newbies ... Landyabhai is sorely missed.

I do notice ... it is easier for new members to assimilate now than say a year ago ... not that old timers were not a welcoming lot ... one of our good member having created hundred plus duplicate ids did not help.
tantuji, going emotional as usual. dont worry sir, we will keep echarcha going on despite whose here or not!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... really wish ... some echarchans come back to tell us ... what goes wrong when echarchans meet in person? What the hell happens?
tantu baba..
i composed such a long reply for your question , it got lost on internet.
typing again ..but a short one this time.

when these IDs here meet in person ..they loose interest. The personality behind the ID is disappointing
Its like ...
One fine day Madhuri Dixit walks into my home and lives with me a day or two and from then onwards she is no more in my dreams.

So.. advise members here not to meet other IDs in person

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future

I think the quality of decisions has gone down after the departure of a few echarchans like Landyabhai and Desibaba.
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Junior eCharchan

SuperMan is on a distinguished road

the debates where viking and aby_baby fought over economy were very good.
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM
eCharchan

Agastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really nice

Quote:

what goes wrong when meet in person? does anything really go wrong or went wrong ?

who has 100 ids ?
Old October 20th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

damn...ive seen EC for more than 5 years.....ask me...

old times:

some of the best topics..thought provoking discussions...gaali-galoch....lotsa fun....some moronic members...egoistc too..lotsa groupism/unionbaaji....

new times:

average topics....less participation...no gaali-galoch...respecting members...no groupism/unionbaaji...good moderatorship....

but all in all....itz d same EC...it has now evolved from a naughty adolescent to a young responsible adult!!
Old October 20th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I find every day to be different. Yes I miss some old members while I cherish some of the new ones who are now so integrated into the site. I dont miss some sourpusses who left and would not like to delve more into the details.

I think we all go through phases. We are definitely a more mature community since we started 5 years ago. The fact that some old timers and some new timers are contributing to host echarcha on new expensive servers is proof that echarcha has not lost its steam.
Old October 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Recent times ... few good threads out their .... economy stuff ... kind courtesy Viking and Aby. Moderator helped keep threads clean ... this is where moderators can do their bit ... keep discussions flowing and remove clutter every once in a while.

Ego ... Saxena Saheb always hits thumb on the nail ... ego. I think attitude of old timers was more like that of a parent who help raise the baby ... find it difficult to accept that baby has grown up and needs to be out alone. As proven from recent couple of threads ... no old timer would ever want his/her contributions of years go to waste. Each one will wish this site well.

It could not be helped ... if you were to consider our origin and humble beginings.

So to our new members ... bye bye GM ... Laal Mirchee here we come.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!