eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 12th, 2015, 08:57 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Baby Movie review

Baby movie

An elite counter-intelligence unit learns of a plot, masterminded by a maniacal madman. With the clock ticking, it's up to them to track the terrorists' international tentacles and prevent them from striking at the heart of India.

Trailer:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

My review:

Quote:
This action thriller is directed by Neeraj Pandey who is known for gems like A Wednesday (2008) and Special 26 (2013). The movie shows how RAW and other intelligence agencies work against terrorism and other threats to our country. They often don't get credit for their work nor can many of their achievements be highlighted publicly.

The unit lead by Akshay Kumar's character Ajay track, catch and eliminate threats to India's security. Often they work with deep assets established in other countries who help and provide intelligence. The movie is shot at a good pace for a thriller, there is but one song. Good acting by all leading actors Akshay Kumar, Danny Denzongpa, Anupam Kher, Kay Kay Menon. Another hard hitting movie like 'A Wednesday'.

I rate it 4 on 5 stars. You must not miss this movie.

P.S. Only one thing disappointed me, a copied scene from Argo.
Read this glowing review on Facebook and thought to myself, after ages we have a proper movie out of Bollywood. There is no comedy in this movie so don't expect to hear about it much, even collections won't touch the hundreds of crores they generally do.

SPOILERS AHEAD. YOU ARE WARNED.

Quote:
After watching "Baby" movie, I realized why most of the Censor Board members (who were recruited by Congress) quit recently. A super duper nationalistic movie, must watch for every proud Indian who puts nation above religion.

It really needs guts to produce such a movie, and I wholeheartedly appreciate the filmmakers for highlighting some of the serious issues like how social media has now become the new platform to recruit innocent youngsters and brainwash them for anti-national activities.

You can actually link some of the characters in that movie to real persons. The Pakistani "Maulana" is Hafeez Saeed (mastermind of 26/11) and the nationalist Indian "Mantriji" with white beard would be none other than PM Modi smile emoticon

(This movie is not advisable for Congress, AAP, SP, TMC and other secular party supporters. Will not be surprised if Topiwala holds a dharna against the movie because it exposes his funding agencies. Don't be surprised if our secular media channels like NDTV, krantikaari channels like Headlines Today and our pseudo-intellectual newspapers like The Hindu or Indian Express gives it only 1 out of 5 stars. The movie actually deserves 7 out of 5 stars).
Old February 12th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Baby Movie review

I was going to post a review thread. You beat me to it.

Old February 12th, 2015, 09:25 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

This movie is banned in Pakistan for obvious reasons.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this movie and just one word... fantastic. Good fast pace, great production, excellent acting. Especially the mullah, who reminded me very much of Zohra Sehgal

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 2nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

I had this review, a lot earlier,..

-----------------

Movie Review :: Baby

This is it !
This is it!
This is it !

Yess,.. Now we are talking ! This is it ! It’s called a "Movie" !

If you earlier had liked Special 26, A Wednesday, aamir and D-day sort of movies,.. then this one adds one more to it.

Akki has delivered it, again !

Main stars are Akki and Danny...... rest, Kay kay Menon or Anupam Kher,.. etc are in the side.
Practically speaking, it has no actress or love-sessions at all. No bathroom,bedroom, lip-locks or rape scenes , either !
n'.....Still the Movie holds you, not letting you to go for a pee even, for straight 2.5 hours !

To make a good movie, you do not necessarily need or hav eto hav ethe big sets, big budgets, cabret dance dresses, unnecessarily added dance and item nos,….
Nor sex scenes nor any actress even ( like this one ),
million dollar expense of crappie songs, ( which the audience is gonna to fast forward anyway ) ! studio's-fake sets, and tons of set up for the garbage songs, like the movie Happy new year did,..
crane, rope and fire-smoke assisted humbug VFX effect, 'flying in the air' sort of fights or any such !

You need to hold the audience with thriller, and keep their on the edge of their seat,
with suspense, thriller, chase, excitement, anxiety,.. and such,….!!!
This one has done it, all ! Kudos to Neeraj Pandey !

And, btw,.....it’ not a movie at all about any little Baby and a kid’s emotions/feelingful attachments or any such.

It’s close to the movies like D-day, aamir , A Wednesday and Special 26.

It’s a thriller and holds you frame by frame, till the end,…unlike that recent sheedy movie Shamitabh !

I think,..... the End was little too fast, and without any climax’s ultimate fight,..
but still the movie remained, holding you on the seat, all the way,
like that Special 26, A Wednesday, D-day,.. etc

Good one and liked it.

Must see and an enjoyable thriller.

4.3 out of 5

---------------------------------
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
4.3 out of 5
How do you arrive scoring at something 4.3 ?

Do you have all characteristics of a good movie listed out & categorise them till second decimal places & you do deductions based on missing characteristics in a movie and arrive at 4.3 or 4.4 ?

or some weighted average method ?

Just curious to know.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 01:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

some people rate till 3 decimal places - something like

3.947 out of 5.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
some people rate till 3 decimal places - something like

3.947 out of 5.
That must be how the value of pi was created ..
Old April 3rd, 2015, 09:13 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^

Ok,.. lemm’e comment, on this negligible point, though. Finally.

It’s ( numbers ) all are my own and very personal evaluation rank, procedure, method and liking-factors, my own present age and perception factor, vision and viewing angle also involved in it,.. about a movie,
and it examines a movie with my sort of mentality ( like they say,..... when you read anyone’s biography, then many a times, you are in fact, evaluating the writer himself, the actual person instead ) .

So, it represents my style of movie-fannizm factor, , it’s maturity level, comedy, thrill, sex factor, bed-bathroom-rape scenes, new glamourous actress’s pleasant face added, suspense, thrill, story, turning points, foreign shoots, intelli. dialects, background's holding songs n' Raheman's lyrics ( like movie 'Rhaanznaa' ), holding you and tying you into the story and keeping you on edge, not a very childish movie, …not a stupid and unintelli. comedy like those from Asarani / Shakti kapoor / Jhonny lever type,.( too kiddie-kid ), humbug fighting scenes / camera trick of cranes and ropes and VFX factors added
or not,... to dim n’ dilute the real acting,… few extra emotional and die-hard holding sequences added or not,
( e.g. end of baghbaan, mohabbatein, K3G, KKHH, Chandani ) like those all KJo’s and YRF’s family style pf movies,..
and whether or not taking advantage of the technology, ( bouncing the cars in airs ) rather than the real acting powers been taken n' tested to its 100 percent,. !!

And, many such factors,..!

Again, at the end of the day, a movie is evaluated
with my own perception, likings and a view corner, from where I am standing at, per my maturity, age, perception and a hunt for a sensible, suspense n’ maturity factor that a movie succeeds to hold you on the edge
and keeps you glued till the end, without any boredom!

On few forums, I had evaluated few movies by saying it 3.2 or 3.3 now if some other movie is still very close to its kind of liking,
and still a little inferior than the previous similar one,..then I put it as 3.15
and it simply means, almost similar to the previous movie I ranked but still a little on the low side, somewhere, when compared to.

For example, if I had to evaluate the movies like ( below ) and they all came, almost in same time-frame,..

A Wednesday, Special 26, Baby, aamir, badlapur,.. aab tak chhappan - 2

I may had used 4.55, 4.45, 4.3, 4.05, 3.85, 3.55,. etc respectively.

I am just trying my best to make it stand 'rank-wise' with my previous movies been just evaluated.

Again, I am no one to evaluate any movie, having not that much grip on the language and brain’s imagination power,.. like ashdoc and few others I saw on the internet so far,..

Ashdoc – echarcha
Suri - r2iclubforms
Return to hydes – India-forums

And few other guys, I read at certain places they are the spades to evaluate a movie,
though, many a times I vary with the ranking and ratings for the same movie,

As everyone is different and like they say,… “ Tunde tunde matir bhinna “

Hope, I made myself clear.

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 3rd, 2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 09:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
That must be how the value of pi was created ..
I think that makes sense. First people started rating movies and then they accidentally invented pi.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Hope, I made myself clear.

Not if you write the way you do. I don't feel like reading long posts with no sentence or paragraph construction and/or with no order of thoughts.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... not a very childish movie, …not a stupid and unintelli. comedy like those from Asarani / Shakti kapoor / Jhonny lever type,.( too kiddie-kid ), ...
There used to be a time when I used to think like you too... that all this was stupid kind of acting... and foolish... and kiddish... till I saw people who behaved like this in normal real life. And then I changed my perspective. Now I look at how well they keep in a specific character that they portray on screen. And I usually find Jhonny Level excel at whatever role he portrays. He is brilliant, probably one of the best actors in today's world. Every role he portrays always has something unique... something that makes you laugh in a different way than before.

There was this character in an old Kishore Kumar movie... forget the name of the movie. But this character would always tuck his fingers into his pant belt area and pull his pants up in a jiggly fashion. And I used to wonder who in the world would do that. Lo and behold, very soon after that our company hired a VP... a gora banda... who did exactly the same... in exactly the same way. It was a mind-blowing experience

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

^^ The point was, our likings also change age-wise, and as we grew, due to the change of our mindset and growth of our mental age.

When I was a kid, ( Haathi mere Saatthi was the best movie ever for me, at that time ) I may had liked the movies like himmatwaala, hamshakal and HNY, CE etc. perhaps the most than anything else.
Asarani and shakti / JL’s vaanar-veda to please the below 6-8 age-group of audience, the most perhaps,…

But not at this age and with this mental maturity !
So, each movie has its audience, per its era, time-frame and technology availability and else similar/better material availability at present.
Say,..If Mughle-aazam was fresh released today, it would had been simple a one day flop perhaps, just like movie Veer or something,
'Coz the era and availability,... also the generation and people’s minds have changed.

^^ I guess,.. you are talking about the comedian either Jhonny walker, popatlal, mukari , aasitsen, pental, jagdeep or someone ! Could not figure out exactly, who !

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 3rd, 2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2015, 10:47 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
^^ The point was, our likings also change age-wise, and as we grew, due to the change of our mindset and growth of our mental age.

^^ I guess,.. you are talking about the comedian either Jhonny walker, poptalal, mukari , aasitsen, pental, jagdeep or someone ! Could not figure out exactly, who !
My point was that as you age you become more accepting... as you have seen more of the world. Just like the actors who play those childish roles, they have seen more of the world and base their role on someone real usually... while we, the teens of the times... the all-knowing people... flount them and bash them for being silly and ridiculous.

The character I was talking about wouldn't be someone you know... from way before your times

As for Haathi Mera Saathi... still a great movie. Don't know why you would rate it down with age Don't know what in the movie you had liked that your older self does not like

Old April 3rd, 2015, 11:07 AM
Banned

^^

I see your point, but still we all strive for the hunger and our own kind of likings in the movie, n’ that we seek for, very dearly,
and with that expectation we attempt any movie, especially when we are not watching it for/with the family and for the children’s sake,. etc

So,.. ‘more accepting’ with the age?? No. Not at all. What for ? We are at the fun-hunt ride, searching for teh plain refreshment and recreation,.. and our ‘likings’ in some way must be satisfied,
or we give up the movie,
as now a days choices are just tremendous in so many other directions and we may skip any boredom-zones ( evn fast-forward a slight boring song ) and find and select smthg better to spend our time with.

Class? Or Mass?
And, on that basis the movie-makers prefer the general class, ( not too highly intelli. Like those Nasir saab’s art movies ) which can bring more audience, more mullah on the BO and even can pull, all age group of audience, to make a movie successful in terms of profit making, and pulling major main-stream audience of all average IQs,.. e.g. CE, Golmaal and other RS’s series of movies,
may be few on the other category of family life movies of YRF and KJo by ‘woven the emotional and feeling factor the most and the best in it’.

Haathi mere Saathi
if released today freshly and for the first time, I would say it will not hold any audience, of any age-group,
as it’s too immmatured for the lower age group of kids who have no interest to watch Zoo and a person siting next to Tigers,.. and not enuff emotional factor woven in it, as compared to other K’s series of movies from Kjo and YRF that we already have seen in tons, by the time now, IMHO.

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 3rd, 2015 at 11:10 AM.