eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Movies you didn't want to like but still liked

I can remember a couple of movies from Bollywood ---

1 ) One is ' Hum dil de chuke sanam ' made in 1999 . It means ' I have given my heart already'.

It deals with the story of a girl who loves a man who is rejected by her father , who forces her to marry another man . But because she still loves her earlier lover , her husband refuses to consummate the marriage and sets to reunite her with her lover . But due to a series of events she falls in love with her husband and rejects her lover in the end .

To those well versed in asian culture the premise is obvious---the film is made to trumpet the idea that woman must accept the husband decided by her father . That is asian or rather asiatic culture for you .Obviously I was opposed to the whole regressive theme of the film and didn't want to like it .

But the acting in the film , the emotional scenes , and the beauty of the heroine Aishwarya Rai eventually made me like the film .

2 ) The other is 'My name is Khan' made in 2009 .

It deals with the story of a muslim man surnamed Khan who lives in the United states . He gets married to a hindu woman and adopts her son . But when the twin towers of the world trade center go down in 2001 the son is killed in a hate crime for having a muslim surname . His hindu wife kicks him out . He has now one mission in life---to prove that not all muslims are terrorists . He wants to meet president Obama and say to him that 'My name is khan and i am not a terrorist '

As a person who has seen the effects of radical islam in my country I didn't want to like the film . But the acting of Shah Rukh Khan , who was the lead actor drew me in...and I found myself actually liking the film....

If I remember more I will write more...
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movies you didn't want to like but still liked

my reaction on ' my name is khan' thread---

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...ht=khan&page=9
Old July 4th, 2015, 09:59 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Actually there are films which I wanted to like (since they were hits & liked by many). But I did not. E.g. I found 3 idiots absolutely average.

I would think about the opposite scenario & post.
Old July 5th, 2015, 06:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

If you liked my name iz kkkkkkhan I don't know what to say. You obviously fell in love with mama Jenny
Old July 5th, 2015, 07:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Swades. Didn't want to see it because of aversion to Hakla, but some friends took me there. Long but meaningful without over the top antics by Hakla.