eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old September 30th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Junior eCharchan

kevin is on a distinguished road
Stupid Music DIiector of MAHABHARAT TV Serial...Stupidity of Inidans & BR Chopra

This is about the annoying high volume background music in TV Serial Mahabharat produced by BR Chopra.

I am so mad so mad about the background music in certain (crucial) portions of the serial that if the music director is in fornt I would spit on him for not listening to the feedback.

(1) Did n't Inidan public give feedback about the high volume background music when the serial was running?
(2) Did n't BR Chopra listen and execute the feedback about the high volume background music when the serial was running?
(3) Did n't Inidan music director realize in such serials music plays insignificant role?
(4) Did n't music direcotr have common sense to stop (or decrease volume) when dialogues are spoken?
(5) Does the music director realize that the background music irritated lot of people and he contributed in failure og Mhabharat in this aspect?
(6) Why Inidan people are so blind, do not give feedback or does not excute the feedbakc if the feedback was given?
Old September 30th, 2001, 11:03 AM
AssMan

Fei is on a distinguished road
mahabharat was one of the great tv serials of india i enjoyed it very much....and it just seems that you have the problem...i don't know anyone else who was annoyed by the high background music...i think that you got the pirated copy or something...or mabye you are really picky
Old September 30th, 2001, 11:08 AM
*deleted*

siffar is on a distinguished road
Question whats problem???

i don't think backround music is too loud. i think you have speakers of tv in your ear drums
Old September 30th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Junior eCharchan

High volume background music in Mahabharat DVD

I do respect Mahabharat as such. Equally, I respect the producer. My comment is based on watching the serial for the first time (started couple of days ago) using unpirated DVDs. Technically, when the volume of the background music is equal or higher than the dialogues, it definitetly becomes iritating for any ear! This was experienced by Indians living in the USA. One of the Indians who felt the same about the DVD had in fact a chance to watch this serial live when he was living in India. Indeed, there are the episodes in which this problem does not exist. Certain episodes of the DVD volume No. 4 and 5 are too bad to continue watching. At a time, I thought of stoping watchnig the serial any further. But, my strong interest helped continue to watch. Now, I am watchnig DVD Vol. No. 6.
Old September 30th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Junior eCharchan

The above comment does not make sense without someone watches DVD (volume No. 4 and 5)!!
Old September 30th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Stupidity of Indians ?

how does this serial make Indians stupid ?
Frame your sentences properly ..before you make some posting here. !

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old October 4th, 2001, 09:19 AM
eCharchan

Spartan is on a distinguished road
Kevin

Are u trying to start a "Mahabharat" here?
Old October 4th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Talking

Dude....i think i know the solution.

After you start the DVD player, hold the TV remote controller in your right hand at a distance of 7.2 inches from your eyes. Take a deep breath and concentrate. Try to find the word 'VOL' written on it. Once you have done that, look for two buttons in the vicinity of 'VOL'. These buttons will have '<' and '>' printed on them. With a gentle pressure, press the '<' button. An amazing thing will happen. The pressure on your eardrums will slowly start receding. The Volume will go down. Remove your finger just before the TV goes mum.

(Abey humney bola tha 10 saal puraana serial dekhney ko?? hamari galti hai?? phir hamari kyoon maar raha hai?? )
Old October 4th, 2001, 09:34 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Pai yeh batao mereko ke Sanjay ke paas kaunsa recording studio tha to adjust volume when he was seeing it via satellite link and was briefing Dridhrashtra in the(presence of) rishi gan (predecessor to penta gun)????
Old October 4th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
pujya kevin jee, aap kaunse desh ke rahivasi hai? abhi aap kis jagah se echarcha.com pe echarcha kar rahe hai? yadi karyalay se, to kya aap apna dimag ghar bhool aaye the? yadi ghar se to kya aapn apna dimag apne karyalay mein chhod aaye hai? ye dhwanimudrak ka iljam aap sangit nirdeshak ke sar kyo laga rahe hai? aur in sab cheejo mein bhartiyo ka kya dosh hai jo aap unhe gaaliya de rahe hai? kya B R Chopra ka dosh hai isme? aapko 'Indians' ka spelling aata hai?

1) Did n't Inidan public give feedback about the high volume background music when the serial was running?
Ans - Indian public did not watch the above mentioned serial on DVD, they used to watch it on DD.

(2) Did n't BR Chopra listen and execute the feedback about the high volume background music when the serial was running?
Ans- In light of above answer the question nullifies.

(3) Did n't Inidan music director realize in such serials music plays insignificant role?
Ans - leave aside 'Inidan' (you are an idiot) music director, do you realise that in any serial, music plays an important part, how would u feel listening to a fight in a serial with no BG music?

(4) Did n't music direcotr have common sense to stop (or decrease volume) when dialogues are spoken?
Ans - yeah, he had, very much, I positively listened to all dialogues in the said serial without any hindrance from BG music.

(5) Does the music director realize that the background music irritated lot of people and he contributed in failure og Mhabharat in this aspect?
Ans - Mahabharat serial a failure? hahahahaha On sundays between 9-10 when mahabharat used to run on DD, even the sabji market near our colony used to be quiet, everybody used to watch mahabharat. It was a huge success.

(6) Why Inidan people are so blind, do not give feedback or does not excute the feedbakc if the feedback was given?
And - 'Inidan' (you are an idiot) people's blindness has anything to do with their capability to hear the music?
Old October 4th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin.. I toooooooooooooooootally agree with you..

I cant believe I was sooooooo blind then that I could not hear the music.... to top it off.. I was sooooooooooooooo deaf.. I could not even see the success of the seriel..
Old October 4th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Please *trying to supress his laughter*
Do not *trying to supress his laughter*
comment without watching *tears running down the eyes*
orignal DVD volume 4 & 5.
*Burst out laughing*
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 4th, 2001, 11:35 AM
eCharchan

kate is on a distinguished road
kevin,

Did you change the batteries of your hearing aid before watching volumes 4 and 5 ?
Old October 4th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Talking Re: High volume background music in Mahabharat DVD

Dissecting the Post

Abhi thoda free hoon....

I do respect Mahabharat as such.
Ved Vyaasaa double flips in absolute glee and pumps his fist in the air (Woooooo Hoooooooooooo).

Equally, I respect the producer.
B.R Chopra follows suit.

My comment is based on watching the serial for the first time (started couple of days ago) using unpirated DVDs.
Unpirated, hmmm? Did any of us say they were pirated?? Hmmmm? Did any of us even raise our eyebrows?? why you giving clarifications?? You make me suspicious....unpirated, did you say?? Why are you sweating now??

Technically, when the volume of the background music is equal or higher than the dialogues,
You mean,
VB >= VD ??

it definitetly becomes iritating for any ear!
Irrititating is a very general term. Can you please be more specific. I mean, what exactly do you feel?...is it like someone poking a hot needle right in?...is it like someone..errr....someone copulating with your ear?

This was experienced by Indians living in the USA.
Now this is interesting and gives a totally new turn to the story. Are you absolutely sure that it were ONLY the Indians in the US and not Indians in India?.... Please be careful about what you reply. This thing can change the world map.

One of the Indians who felt the same about the DVD had in fact a chance to watch this serial live when he was living in India.
Will he be willing to repeat the same in the court of law under oath?

'nuff crap !!!

Kevin, naa jaaney kaunsi ghadi thi joh tooney echarcha pay login maaraa?
Old October 4th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Red face The fact is

Many times directors put in a lot of background music to emphasise a scene or a dilaog just said.

Many times the music level for the background music is preceived to be higher because you are listening to spoken dialog which is in mono and the following music is in stereo. Your ears have just adjusted to the mono sound and then suddenly you hear the stereophonic or Dolby 5.1 channels all outputting the music. So you think this is very loud.

I am not just stating any self-made theory. I happen to have visited a couple of song and movie recordings for Hindi films when I was in India. I visited Rajkamal Sound Studio with my neighbour in India, Mr. Hitendra Ghosh who is a well known sound recording engineer in the Hindi film world.

I was very interested and wanted to know how they mix sound. So I had asked him why this and why that. During our conversation this point had come up. Also I was interested in stereos and music from a technical point and learnt a lot.

The TV you usually have at home does not have the Dolby system on which the original sound was recorded. Steroe tries to mix the more than 2 channels of Dolby into two channels. This casues the loud sound effect which you feel.

If you have a Dolby decoder or a DTS decoder then even simple steroe sound is properly componentised into several channels and you wont feel the loud effect.

Watch any English film on VHS or DVD withoutthe proper equipment and you will hear loud sounds during action or chase scenes.

Just dont blame Indians or Mahabharat serial without checking all the facts.