eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old July 18th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Any US TV shows worth watching in 2018?

I used to follow quite a lot of US TV shows, but not so now.

Many shows just deteriorated and were unbearable to watch.

Some examples, as per my likes and dislikes, of shows which started off great but became unwatchable in their 2nd or 3rd season

1) Power - About a drug dealer who wants to get out of it and starts a night club. Season 1 and 2 were really good, but then they ran out of ideas. Left it half way through season 3

2) The Black List - Really good premise, great acting, but after season 2 it was downhill all the way. Left it half way through season 3

3) Blindspot - Again, a great premise and a rocking season 1. Season 2 was okay, but by season 3, I just gave it up

4) Secrets and Lies - Great remake of an Australian TV show. Season 1 was just too good. Season 2, just a damp squib.

5) How to get away with murder - Really awesome show. Season 1, 2 were really good. Season 3 started showing signs of decay in ideas.. Gave up after Season 3.

6) Quantico - Saw season 1, didn't like the format of jumping from flashback to current time to flashback throughout the show. The end of Season 1 was not so good. Still, tried watching season 2, but gave it up after a few episodes.

Shows which I still follow, and they are good despite so many seasons
1) Bosch - It is based on novels by Michael Conelly and are based on the character Harry Bosch - a LAPD detective. Its on Amazon. All 4 seasons so far have been awesome.

2) Homeland - This is just a great show. Every season has a different story, but the central character played by Claire Danes is just too good. This started as a remake of an Israeli show, but continued beyond it for 7 seasons!! Awesome.. Waiting for the next season.
Old July 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future
Re: Any US TV shows worth watching in 2018?

Sacred games on Netflix I heard is good. The book was awesome, pretty dark too. Haven't had a chance to binge watch it yet.

P.S. Not sure whether our tastes are similar or extremes. So, I'll recco a little later. Let's see how this thread flows.

Last edited by MsShaanze; July 18th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Like there is this new show called Deception

The premise is fresh - a professional magician ends up teaming up with a FBI team to help solve crimes. The episodes are well directed and well produced. There is also an element of suspense which they have kept till the very end and have given a peek into it.

Hope season 2 is just as good.

The other thing which prevents me to latch on to a show is that most networks suddenly cancel the next season. Even if the show is good, they just cancel it.

Latest example is the long running show Brooklyn 99 which is a police sitcom. Yes, its a comedy. Its has some SNL veterans and its a great show. It started in 2013 and was like the Seinfeld that the audience was looking for. But this year, before Season 5 ended, the network just declared that they are cancelling it. And mind you, it has good ratings and viewership, else it wouldn't have lasted 5 years!! And no, it was not getting stale or had not jumped the proverbial shark!
Old July 18th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Vikings on Amazon prime. I watched season 1 and a few episodes of season 2. After that it became too cruel for me to watch. It is a historical drama based on endeavors of Vikings so you can expect cruelty.
Old July 19th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in to Scifi watch The Expanse, I believe this is on Netflix in India.
So far 3 seasons have been completed.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old July 19th, 2018, 02:24 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Yeah, all these cookie cutter shows/series? I'm fond of as well. If you enjoyed Deception, you might like White collar. Interesting but not intense or dark.
First season of secret and lies was awesome. Can watch Ryan Phillippe anyday. Cruel intentions, I know what you did, 54. There are plenty other reasons to watch 54, but you get the point, right Yep, so the list is endless. I'm more wild things, cruel intentions kinda girl
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:06 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

As long i had Netflix subscription, i just caught on 2 old time shows -

Star Trek (Original Series) - finished all seasons. Not many may like it now though.
Friends- was an episode or 2 into season 2.

Will check if Homeland is available on my Rabbit antenna. Quantico was. I saw Episode 1 with all the hype about PC in that and stopped after that.
Old July 19th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
Sacred games on Netflix I heard is good. The book was awesome, pretty dark too. Haven't had a chance to binge watch it yet.

P.S. Not sure whether our tastes are similar or extremes. So, I'll recco a little later. Let's see how this thread flows.
I am watching Sacred games . Great show benchod. Gaand faad deta hai. Must watch it bhosdike...... Sab show ki maa behen chod dega.....

Good show if you are okay with this language gandu.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 19th, 2018, 08:25 PM
be badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I am watching Sacred games . Great show benchod. Gaand faad deta hai. Must watch it bhosdike...... Sab show ki maa behen chod dega.....

Hain? Directed by Anurag Kashyap. What do you expect, Satsang filthy language toh banta hai!
Old July 19th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:

American: Bro, suggest me some good Indian TV series to watch on Netflix.

Me: Watch Sacred Games

American: OK

Me: OK

One day later..

Me: How are you?

American: Thik hu Madarchod..

Old July 19th, 2018, 08:38 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

I finish a movie in 1 week watching 30 minutes each day with dinner. How do y’all find time for TV?
Old July 19th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I finish a movie in 1 week watching 30 minutes each day with dinner. How do y’all find time for TV?
Its been 6 or 7 years.. I no longer watch TV live. I have it recorded and watch it at my own pace... sometimes it takes me 5 to 6 viewings to finish an hour long episode.
Old July 19th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't watch it in one go. Watch it as much as you can and come back later.
Old July 19th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

I am watching Sacred Games in gym. Gets me really pumped up...... I am lifting wights like Ye le Madarchod.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

sem sem

Quote:
sem sem.

And I sem sem wonder too... where do these guys get time to watch a variety of show. I am just watching Sacred Games... and then when kids around need to switch to Jalpari or some malayalam movie (tonnes of them on Netflix now... waiting for them to post Telegu movies) or some Govinda repeat. Started watching Buddha as it was recommended by many people... but one episode and cannot take it.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless