eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old September 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future
Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
In our verdic astrology, the pundits use something called 'naadi' which is part of your janam kundli. Now when marriages were arranged, it was required that the groom and bride not have the same 'naadi'.

Today if you check, this naadi corresponds to difference in blood groups. Modern science says that having same blood group can cause problems in child birth. There are medicines to overcome this today, but a study was done and it was found that this 'naadi' concept was very accurate vis-a-vis compatible blood groups in 95% of the cases.

I had read this long ago in the Marathi newspaper Loksatta or Maharashtra Times, not sure.

So there must be some truth to the science of astrology.
Echarcha bhai there is science in astrology granted the point to you.But my question is how many people know the exact science of it.if you see the figure would turn out to be 1 in a million.As for the vedas and other theoris being discussed here let me give you my view.The orignal vedic science was very powerful and it had everything even cure for AIDS.But the only problem is the original vedas is either non-existent today or it has been manipulated to grant some powers to some sctions of the soiciety.
A scientific proof.Veda was never written in its original form(Though some say it is written and the search is on to get it).It started with word of mouth.It goes to the second and he adds something to it and it goes on and on till it gets written and there you have the version which exists today.Even if you see today even people are making there own view of the things written in it.
There are a few basic principles i follow which was told to me by a person who is very highly regarded (Sorry forgot his name will edit this later to name him) as a person that there wasnt any GODs like rama/krishna or whatever.There was just one superpower as well as they believed in panchtatva and they prayed for it only.
But as i see this debate will go on and on but is there anyone out here who can prove what they are saying.I dont think so.
So pls leave vedas and varna system out of it.I say and many vedic people say that there was no caste system.Har har bhai says there was.
So is har har bhai saying he is above them if yes then i would rather get those people on this board someday and have a headon with har har bhai
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
I didnt know my response would generate such an extreme sense of surprise and disbelief....... Pankaj says he knows astrology...... He's studied it or studied it atleast more than those who oppose it without studying it....... So if you want to disprove him the only scientific method is to experiment........ and what better way to experiment, than to experiement on yourself...... Skeptics may say that others may even cheat and lie....... You wont....... I didnt know it was such a difficult idea to digest......
Ok. Let me recap my understanding of Astrology.

I am supposed to send my birth details to an astrologer. Based on that, he will prepare a patri or kundli or whatever, right? He will predict what good things and shitty shit things are going to happen in my life. He will also tell me what puja/havan/kirtan/yatra I should do to prevent the shitty things from happening to me. Of course, I will have to compensate the astrologer, out of the goodness of my heart.

If I don't do what the astrologer says or I don't believe the above logic, Sade Sati will have a PMS-like tantrum and pound my ass with a lightning bolt, destroy my finances, ruin my relationships, and do lot of baddy bad things to me.

Okay. Science...right! Gotcha.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
Ok. Let me recap my understanding of Astrology.

I am supposed to send my birth details to an astrologer. Based on that, he will prepare a patri or kundli or whatever, right? He will predict what good things and shitty shit things are going to happen in my life. He will also tell me what puja/havan/kirtan/yatra I should do to prevent the shitty things from happening to me. Of course, I will have to compensate the astrologer, out of the goodness of my heart.

If I don't do what the astrologer says or I don't believe the above logic, Sade Sati will have a PMS-like tantrum and pound my ass with a lightning bolt, destroy my finances, ruin my relationships, and do lot of baddy bad things to me.

Okay. Science...right! Gotcha.
Presumptions..... Wrong....
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Presumptions..... Wrong....
Did you use Chandamama as a science textbook?
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Spiritual Healer

jammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant futurejammy69 has a brilliant future

HarHarMahaDev
Frankly speaking i am yet to meet a single man/astrologer who can predict what will happen in life.here is my conclusion about them.
Lets say 100 people visit a astrologer mr XYZ
now XYZ tells these 100 people there bhavishya the normal things like this will happen you should wear this and blah blah blah.Now out of these 90 are fake and these people never return or talk about it.the 10 people relate some things happening in there life to these predictions and they publicise these people that he is mahagyani and all that and he becomes popular.See these are pschycological guys who tend to read and extract information about a person and then based on them give there predictions.
Yes Astrology is a science for sure but as i have said again and again very very few people know it well rest all are boasting of there lil knowledge.
For me its all your karma that guides you.If you have done some bad deeds you will have to pay for them in this life itself.It may happen that you may not get the result at the same time but it can come to haunt u at some later stages.
For me karma is superior than anything and you reap the rewards of good and bad deeds you do.
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you use Chandamama as a science textbook?
Witty? Yes...... Scientific? Still No.....
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like deja vu all over again.

Astrology is a faith based system just like religion. I still believe theism and religion are far more ridiculous than astrology - not that I believe in either. Total hogwash. But, scientifically, it is far more aceptable that the positioning of planets and stuff can impact the life and mood of a person than that there is this all knowing all powerful man/woman/thing in the sky who is looking down at us and controlling all aspects of our tiny insignificant lives. If you can believe that, you can believe anything.

None of this is scientific. If you go to a temple, you might as well go to an astrologer as well. Either case you fill be fed a line of bullshit to either make you feel better or to get you to spend more money so maybe you can feel better at some point in the future.

This is a business. The clergy of every religion feed the masses a line of crap in the name of a god that does not exist, so that the masses are controllable and CAN GIVE THEM MONEY!! As Carlin once said, God always needs money. Mullahs, priests, astrologers, padres, pandits are all from the same category. All of them are practitioners of the old art of demagoguery. Fool the people, scare them into submission, make them think that they need to listen to you to avoid the burning fires of hell or afterlife and have them pay for your subsistence. Its an amazing business model - and guess what. The business does well regardless of how the subjects do. If they are happy, they "donate" out of happiness. If they are miserable they try to "buy" themselves out of misery.

So, HHMD et al. No sense arguing over this. People who are rendered sightless by blind faith cannot be made to see the light of logic.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Witty? Yes...... Scientific? Still No.....
That is neither witty nor scientific...

Echarcha - you mention about nabi and blood groups. Now I can't argue with the scientific geniuses at Loksatta or Maharashtra Times, but when was the last time a nurse predicted your blood group based on your birthday and gotra? The similarity ends right there.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Thumbs up Re: I am Kanya raashi, passing through a worst phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post

So, HHMD et al. No sense arguing over this. People who are rendered sightless by blind faith cannot be made to see the light of logic.
Idisagee. I thing this is a fight worth having. Too many people are getting sucked into this bs. Too many people pour their retirement savings into the coffers of maharajs and pandits. People lose their mental sanity, lose their savings, make wrong decisions regarding life-partners, homes, cars, people in the pursuit of this idiotic belief system.

The people believing this crap are not illiterate tribals, but well-educated, well-respected, scientifically-inclined people. That is what truly amazes me.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The people believing this crap are not illiterate tribals, but well-educated, well-respected, scientifically-inclined people. That is what truly amazes me.
nothing amazing about that HHMD. there are just running away from problems. when you are afraid of problems in life, you can either face and survive them or hide behind some BS from some BS guru! being educated or scientifically inclined has nothing to do with it! its just depends on the character of the person!

oh, i failed in this exam! its because of bad luck, not because i didnt study! ofcourse, problems in life are not as trivial as exam failure but the analogy applies! the question is do you want to go on in life and face the problems and suck it up or do you want to hide behind some blind faith?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

someone plz summarize whats happenng in this thread??

did webreservoir came back to check his future here??

anyways..funny tags...jai bajrangbali..
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, isnt this astrology and future prediction totally contradictory to the concept of 'free will'? I mean as humans we are supposed to be able to have a free will to make decisions in life! now if an astrologist tells me that my life is decided by planets and other such things, where is the 'free will'? Whats the purpose of being a human if someone/something else is going to control and lay down my life's path in front of me? I might as well be born as a animal!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy69 View Post
Echarcha bhai there is science in astrology granted the point to you.But my question is how many people know the exact science of it.if you see the figure would turn out to be 1 in a million.As for the vedas and other theoris being discussed here let me give you my view.The orignal vedic science was very powerful and it had everything even cure for AIDS.But the only problem is the original vedas is either non-existent today or it has been manipulated to grant some powers to some sctions of the soiciety.
A scientific proof.Veda was never written in its original form(Though some say it is written and the search is on to get it).It started with word of mouth.It goes to the second and he adds something to it and it goes on and on till it gets written and there you have the version which exists today.Even if you see today even people are making there own view of the things written in it.
There are a few basic principles i follow which was told to me by a person who is very highly regarded (Sorry forgot his name will edit this later to name him) as a person that there wasnt any GODs like rama/krishna or whatever.There was just one superpower as well as they believed in panchtatva and they prayed for it only.
But as i see this debate will go on and on but is there anyone out here who can prove what they are saying.I dont think so.
So pls leave vedas and varna system out of it.I say and many vedic people say that there was no caste system.Har har bhai says there was.
So is har har bhai saying he is above them if yes then i would rather get those people on this board someday and have a headon with har har bhai
Jamin69 pai... 1 in a million is a million in a billion... so we have 6 million people out there who know the exact science of astrology... wonder where they are

So, you are saying that about 4000 - 6000 years ago, there was this science that was powerful and knew everything... including cures for AIDS, a disease that wasn't even known to exist 6000 years later. And none of this... not a single word of this was written anywhere. Everything was verbal. Is this what you are trying to say?... Have you ever been to a library even in a small remote village? The number of books that exist in this world... even considering just the pure science books... you are saying that knowledge more than all these books convey was existing in a verbal form about 6000 years ago in India

Now... that my mind has been completely pounded into an eggplant mash... let's get back to talking astrology. Okay... agreed that planets and stars affect life... astrology claims that it knows how. So, why can't someone present a theory of what exactly this effect is... and then we can go about proving it. Why can't Rahulparthasarthy understand such a simple concept... why does he go about bashing simple LLKCs like me

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post
someone plz summarize whats happenng in this thread??

did webreservoir came back to check his future here??

anyways..funny tags...jai bajrangbali..
Here's another one:"good Karmas kick you bad" ..
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Idisagee. I thing this is a fight worth having. Too many people are getting sucked into this bs. Too many people pour their retirement savings into the coffers of maharajs and pandits. People lose their mental sanity, lose their savings, make wrong decisions regarding life-partners, homes, cars, people in the pursuit of this idiotic belief system.

No argument from me on the bullshittyness of jyotish vigyan. However, how is this different from donating to your church - or temple - or masjid. For that matter, how is this different from sinking your wealth into that latest "Hot stock tip"? Who is to decide where people should and should not waste their money?

I see several educated, well to do people also got to the temple or church. I see them go to Tirupati and put tons of money into the hundi-peti. Isnt that stupid too? When someone is stricken by grief or bad fortune, why do they pray to god?

Asking the question here as well - who amongst all of you believes in god but not in astrology?