eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old May 6th, 2005, 06:07 AM
nayasavera

Thumbs up Des hoya pardes, Tango Charlie !!!

Has anyone seen these movies ?

I got this strange combination one one DVD. I watched them both in a day as I had nothing better to do on a rainy holiday.

Great movies - both of 'em.
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of
Re: Des hoya pardes, Tango Charlie !!!

I didn't see the other....but did u seriously like Tango Charlie? I found it to be the most ridiculous movie...some shots n all were good but overall sucked...if u notice...Bobby Deol is kinda manhoos in the movie wherever he goes, ppl start dying...1st his platoon...then driving the CO's family....then Gujrat riots...then the bridge....it was ridiculous...the movie ended up being funny rather than serious....and a havaldar commanding a platoon? Uhhhhhh I don't think so......I haven't even heard of any havaldar rank in the army itself. Thats besides the point...but anyways hoping to catch mumbai express soon!
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM
nayasavera

Des hoya pardes is a Punjabi film - so turn the subtitles on. It's based on the true story of a Sikh family that suffered endlessly at the hands of militants and the Punjab police during the days of militancy in Punjab. It's a balanced movie. Militancy isn't glorified but it also speaks for the hundreds of innocents whose life was made hell by the police for no fault of theirs. Gurdaas Maan is in the lead role. I never knew that he's such a talented actor. Juhi Chawla and Divya Dutta also figure and do well. Don't be fooled by the slow-paced, humorous first hour of the film - there's some strong stuff to follow. At the end of it, I was left with goose bumps and probably a few tears in my eyes. 5/5.

Tango Charlie is again a very strong film. It's about some BSF jawans who are sent to different parts of India to fix different problems. Sanjay Dutt and Sunil Shetty spot a wounded soldier Tarun Chauhan (Bobby Deol) in the snow of Kargil. They ignore the orders from the base and land their chopper to rescue him. What they read in the diary of this soldier is the story of the film. The movie progresses in disconnected episodes each showing a different problem. North east, naxalites, riots, Kargil - everything has found a place. Bobby matures as the film progresses and he has done well. Ajay devgan is best for these kinda roles. And if you get bored of the violence, you can fast forward to the scene in which a lovely girl undresses. 4/5
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:36 AM
nayasavera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizard
I didn't see the other....but did u seriously like Tango Charlie? I found it to be the most ridiculous movie...some shots n all were good but overall sucked...if u notice...Bobby Deol is kinda manhoos in the movie wherever he goes, ppl start dying...1st his platoon...then driving the CO's family....then Gujrat riots...then the bridge....it was ridiculous...the movie ended up being funny rather than serious....and a havaldar commanding a platoon? Uhhhhhh I don't think so......I haven't even heard of any havaldar rank in the army itself. Thats besides the point...but anyways hoping to catch mumbai express soon!

Yaar ab ek fauji ki life phooloN ka bichhauna to hai nahiN. He has to be at a place where there's blooshed. And hawaldaars are very much there in the BSF.

To each his own.
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Yaar I meant wherever he went, he like brought death along.....he joined the platoon saala whole platoon gets killed...moment he steps onto the Ground at the scene of riot, the first bullet gets fired and someone dies, he is going with CO's family to drop them off and the whole family dies....I mean kuch toh gadbad hai
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Watched this movie today...it's watchable...
Battle scenes are ok...
Is it really based on true story?