eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old January 30th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Bhambri wins Aus Open Junior title!

Good News For Indian Tennis Fans!

Quote:
Yuki Bhambri created history, becoming only the fourth Indian to win a junior Grand Slam singles title following his emphatic straight-set win over Alexandros-Ferdinandos Georgoudas of Germany [Images] in the boys' final in Melbourne on Saturday.
Top seed Yuki swept aside unseeded Georgousdas 6-3, 6-1 in 57 minutes to pocket his first Grand Slam singles title.
The other Indians in the elite list are Ramanathan Krishnan (1954 Junior Wimbledon [Images] champion), his son Ramesh Krishnan (1970 Wimbledon and French Open junior champion) and Leander Paes [Images] (1990 Junior Wimbledon and Junior US Open [Images] champion).
The Delhi [Images] boy, who lost in the semi-finals last year, was at his dominant best from the start and seemed determined to lift the title this time as he broke his German opponent in the fourth game of the opening set to go up 3-1 and then maintained his composure to seal the first set in 31 minutes.
With his nose ahead with a set lead, Yuki didn't look back and demolished Georgousdas 6-1 in just 26 minutes in the second set to register his first Slam title.
Yuki's dominance in the match was visible from the fact that he hit 29 winners as compared to his opponent's 21. He also converted four out of the seven break points and didn't provide a single window of opportunity to the German to break his serve.
Yuki, partnering Chinese Taipei's Liang-Chi Huang, also made it to the semi-finals of the boys doubles event but were shocked on Friday by Russian-Japanese pair of Mikhal Biryukov and Yasutaka Uchiyama 3-6, 1-6.
Link :

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2009/ja...boys-title.htm

Old January 31st, 2009, 11:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bhambri wins Aus Open Junior title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaski_khopari View Post
Good News For Indian Tennis Fans!

Link :

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2009/ja...boys-title.htm
this is an awesome news..finally we have much more to cheer in future.other than over hyped sania mirza..who is a total dud
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
this is an awesome news..finally we have much more to cheer in future.other than over hyped sania mirza..who is a total dud
Another good news for indians !

Sania Mirza [Images] and Mahesh Bhupathi [Images] won the mixed doubles title at the Australian Open [Images], beating Nathalie Dechy (France [Images]) and Andy Ram (Israel) 6-3, 6-1 in the final in Melbourne on Sunday afternoon.

link : http://www.rediff.com/sports/2009/fe...ed-doubles.htm

Whatever ppl may say about mirza, the fact is that she has done wonders to Indian women tennis circuit. Before her, no one could think of winning an international tournament, or even commin in top 100 players. Its just that her boobs are just unavoidable, and often they outshine the other balls

btw, Fedex Lost To Rafa Again

Old February 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
than over hyped sania mirza..who is a total dud
nothing concern about game but u r ok if matter of jealousy
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
nothing concern about game but u r ok if matter of jealousy
does she have something which makes me jealous????sorry if ur talking about her big jugs...those things might be making you jealous not me ..i dont have mammory glands
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
does she have something which makes me jealous????sorry if ur talking about her big jugs...those things might be making you jealous not me ..i dont have mammory glands
Unfortunately she won the mixed doubles finals...does that also go against her...does that also make her a worse player and overhyped or it does not matter as she is a woman and that too a non-burqa clad muslim.
Some women have attributes other than their mammary glands..

Old February 1st, 2009, 06:41 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

not taking credit away from Sania or Mahesh or Leander for good doubles show, I opine that they are no good at playing single (at slams level) like any other tennis player India has produced. Ofcourse Leander once defeated Sampras at his prime in a slam, Krishnan has been to quarters in wimbledon or something... exception could be Amritraj who consistently reached 3rd/4th rounds at Wimbledon. We just don't have the stamina or killer nerves for such a physically and mentally draining sport. Lets hope Bhambri can be a firefly in India's tennis scene...
Old February 1st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

as a doubles player she has won it..i am not against sania-hesh as a pair...its just sania alone..she is more in news that lee-hesh who have achieved a lot in their tennis careers...but sania always is in the news and discussions for crashing out in 1st,2nd round.
i suspect her crediblity as a singles player.India havent had a god singles player for ages now..and i feel Yuki is the answer..not sania...she would never win a singles grandslam
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
not taking credit away from Sania or Mahesh or Leander for good doubles show, I opine that they are no good at playing single (at slams level) like any other tennis player India has produced. Ofcourse Leander once defeated Sampras at his prime in a slam, Krishnan has been to quarters in wimbledon or something... exception could be Amritraj who consistently reached 3rd/4th rounds at Wimbledon. We just don't have the stamina or killer nerves for such a physically and mentally draining sport. Lets hope Bhambri can be a firefly in India's tennis scene...
It's also the size factor. These days pretty much all men's players are above 6'2". The frenchman in the semi's was a staggering 6'8''. The Indian men/women in tennis are pretty short among professionals. So they start off at a disadvantage. The lack of height results in them not having a powerful serve that's required to win a singles match.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as a doubles player she has won it..i am not against sania-hesh as a pair...its just sania alone..she is more in news that lee-hesh who have achieved a lot in their tennis careers...but sania always is in the news and discussions for crashing out in 1st,2nd round.
i suspect her crediblity as a singles player.India havent had a god singles player for ages now..and i feel Yuki is the answer..not sania...she would never win a singles grandslam

Still...neither lee nor hesh ever reached around 30's in atp rankings....remember once lee-hesh were bigger stars than cricketers.... she is having her time now... i know she'd never win a slam, and her gender helps in her popularity.... still she is not a no-talent hype... many tried to follow her footsteps...uberoi sisters, sunita rao etc....where are they now??

Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
not taking credit away from Sania or Mahesh or Leander for good doubles show, I opine that they are no good at playing single (at slams level)...
correct..there are some players, like the 2 black bitches who play in the doubles for more dough and then there are some players who want to improve their net-game/volleys and hence they participate in the doubles..rest all fall in the category who cant handle the whole court by themselves and hence go fo the doubles games
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Bhambri wins Aus Open Junior title!

Congrats to Bhambri.

Hope he does not get distracted with attention from the media, corporate sponsors, endorsement deals and tv commercials and continues to bring glory to India on the courts.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Still...neither lee nor hesh ever reached around 30's in atp rankings....remember once lee-hesh were bigger stars than cricketers.... she is having her time now... i know she'd never win a slam, and her gender helps in her popularity.... still she is not a no-talent hype... many tried to follow her footsteps...uberoi sisters, sunita rao etc....where are they now??
maybe they would have been in the news if it were not for our dumb govt. closing the door on them saying they need to be Indian citizens, not just PIOs! Sania is hype. No doubt about it. Does she have talent? yes, maybe. But does she have talent to win a grandslam? probably not. Besides, women's tennis players, in recent yrs, reached their prime game at around 18-22 age. I think Sania is going past it and she probably is past her prime now. The future is full of injures, competing with younger, physically fit, slender women! So give it a rest! She is done going places. The hype surrounding her lead to her fall. Maybe its not her fault but she sure used the limelight well to make money!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
maybe they would have been in the news if it were not for our dumb govt. closing the door on them saying they need to be Indian citizens, not just PIOs! Sania is hype. No doubt about it. Does she have talent? yes, maybe. But does she have talent to win a grandslam? probably not. Besides, women's tennis players, in recent yrs, reached their prime game at around 18-22 age. I think Sania is going past it and she probably is past her prime now. The future is full of injures, competing with younger, physically fit, slender women! So give it a rest! She is done going places. The hype surrounding her lead to her fall. Maybe its not her fault but she sure used the limelight well to make money!
i agree with you.i dont have anything against her or i hate her...but when i saw her match against top players like serena williams..i came to know that shes way too behind them in all respects...fitness,skill an talent too...besides she comes from a wealthy family which actually helps...her father is an ex-tennis players and manages media well for her publicity