eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 20th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Mukhbiir (Informer) - Good adaptation of The Departed

I really wish that whatever was shown in this movie 'Mukhbiir' is atleast conducted in atleast some percentage by our Intelligence agencies.

You can get details of the starcast here, but the movie is inspired by the Scorcesse movie 'The Departed' and very well adapted to our tastes.

Its the story of an informer, played by Sameer Dattani, who is being mentored by and utilised in the field by a Superintendent of Police - Intelligence burea. Om Puri does justice to the character.

The movie has hardly one song, which plays in the background, and is dark. There are no happy happy joy joy or comedic moments. Its a good attempt to show how the world of informers works. It shows how dangerous it is for the informers as well as their handlers from law enforcement agencies.

Overall, the movie is a bit slow but never uninteresting. In real life we all wish that our multitude of intelligence agencies work some wonders and stop terrorists attacks. Well, at least we can feel happy via this film that such things might be happening in real life too.

Its like that dream we have of good guys defeating bad guys and in our Indian context, we have to be happy with watching this in films.

So watch this film on a lazy weekend afternoon, but after a nice masala filled lunch, because this movie will offer good substance sans the usual Bollywood masala.
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mukhbiir (Informer) - Good adaptation of The Departed

This film is directed by Mani Shankar who has directed films like 16 December, Tango Charlie, etc.
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:35 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Actually i did like 16 December and Tango Charlie was watchable too ..

I will try to watch this . Tahnx cha for the review
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Good movie, dont go by reviews. Its the non-masala movie which many like and I too like once in a while. The director has done his best to encompass a host of issues which plague our India right now. I have seen 16 December and have seen Tango Charlie in parts. I liked this one too.
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Mukhbiir last week... and I must say that this must be one of the few hindi movies that I absolutely enjoyed. You hardly get to see a well-made (on all fronts) movie that uses Indian localities to the fullest extent. Acting is good all around, music is excellent and the direction keeps the story moving at a good pace.

The story seems to be adapted from "Internal Affairs" and "The Departed" but it extends those stories by a lot. The main character moves in and out of his "informer roles" exposing multiple threats... and his personal terror and helplessness is shown well.

The main guy is a new one, haven't seen him elsewhere but acts decently. Om Puri is Om Puri and Suniel Shetty underacts well. Sushant Singh is good at terrorizing everyone and Rahul Dev plays the shadow guy well. The cameos by Jackie Shroff, Alok Nath and RN Zutsi (with his hyderabadi accent) are played with aplomb.

It is surprising that a movie of such topnotch calibre goes literally unnoticed in our film world. Guess it shows the general level of intelligence of the masses... and why congress keeps getting voted again and again.

Great music too, have been listening to it for some time now.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; April 6th, 2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Is it out on Disc?? Manishankar used to make good promos and patriotic videos....I dint like Tango Charlie much....havent seen 16 December.

Old April 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Sunit, I liked it ... I just watched it over the internet ... ChitralaPai, you can download it ...
Old April 11th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

It is surprising that a movie of such topnotch calibre goes literally unnoticed in our film world. Guess it shows the general level of intelligence of the masses... and why congress keeps getting voted again and again.

Great music too, have been listening to it for some time now.
A shoutout for this movie... was listening to its music recently and saw somebody reading it online. Still remember the movie after all these years.

And my quote above indicates that Congress will win again. Really hope that the Indian intelligence has gone up a lot in these years... really really hope many more people will watch this movie... again and again... and really really really hope ki ab ki baar...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A shoutout for this movie... was listening to its music recently and saw somebody reading it online. Still remember the movie after all these years.

And my quote above indicates that Congress will win again. Really hope that the Indian intelligence has gone up a lot in these years... really really hope many more people will watch this movie... again and again... and really really really hope ki ab ki baar...
Is there any cleavage action?

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Is there any cleavage action?
Yes... there is one very rustic song that portrays some good jewels. As well as... there is a lady in the house... I think young wife to old Alok Nath's local don... who gives the hero some good chances.

Old April 11th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes... there is one very rustic song that portrays some good jewels. As well as... there is a lady in the house... I think young wife to old Alok Nath's local don... who gives the hero some good chances.
You shouldn't have mentioned Alok Nath. That was a klpd.