eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old June 6th, 2001, 11:27 AM
The King of all

supada is on a distinguished road
procedure for postal application for tourist visa to US

could anybody tell how to go about postal application after being rejected twice for tourist visa..what all docs needed..
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
What were you rejected for? (What grounds?)
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Junior eCharchan

ramesh is on a distinguished road
AREY SUPADA TERA BHI REJECT MAARA KYA? BAHUT TAANG KARTE HAIN YEH LOOG
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:51 AM
The King of all

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
What were you rejected for? (What grounds?)
I am in US on H1...My parents were rejected twice...reason being not enough income for them...i sent all my papers with my bank balance...even my father had a bank balance of 10Lac Rs..

they didn't even look at docs..they say u don't have a income source so can not afford travel...( MY father is a retired businessmen...no IT returns)..

i am thinking of postal application for them...
Any feedback guys...what chances of success
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Supada, don't mean to discourage but the chances are almost non-existent. The third postal attempt is just an eyewash. It's almost as good as being rejected.
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Magar ek kaam ho sakta hai...if the reason for rejection was the fact that they don't have any income tax returns, then ask them to get some made. Go to ITO office in delhi. Office key peechhey hi, saarey dalley baithtey hain typewriters lekey. They'll make one for them. It'll cost around 2000 bucks, magar certificate ban jayega.
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by supada

I am in US on H1...My parents were rejected twice...reason being not enough income for them...i sent all my papers with my bank balance...even my father had a bank balance of 10Lac Rs..

they didn't even look at docs..they say u don't have a income source so can not afford travel...( MY father is a retired businessmen...no IT returns)..

i am thinking of postal application for them...
Any feedback guys...what chances of success
Maybe this might help. Write a letter addressed to Consulate or to "whomsoever is concerned" that you are ready to bear all expenses incurred during your parents visit to US. Notarize this letter. Also get a letter from your company, which would quote your salary. Send this to des and see what happens.

Maybe the real reason is that they think your parents are potential immigrants. In that case, ask your parents to take property-related documents to prove that you have significant base in India.
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:55 AM
The King of all

i got to know a friend who was rejected twice for F1 and then was stamped with postal application....

its really unpredictable with consulate guys....these r F**king bastards...
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Chances hai kyon nahi.. in the affidavit of support they ask what you will be providing them during their stay in us.. just mention this line

Boarding, lodging and money 1000$ per head/ month or more as required durring their entire stay. And thoday bada chada ke apne securities etc bataa dena.. He does not have to show funds if he can say oh I have a house here in India etc that is enough..

Send your recent tax returns
Your bank balance if it is less .. lage to friends se paise le kar deposit kar ke inflate kar de..
Your employer letter saying you earn so much per year
An invitation letter from you to them with a implied promising them boarding lodging, expenses and tickets for travel. (do not say something like I promise to give you all this.. instead write.. do not worry about boarding and monetary issues.. I will take care of all your needs.. or something like that).
Ask them to send those things with their passport and they should be fine. Make sure your letter sounds a bit enthusiastic and informal.
Old June 6th, 2001, 11:58 AM
The King of all

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Magar ek kaam ho sakta hai...if the reason for rejection was the fact that they don't have any income tax returns, then ask them to get some made. Go to ITO office in delhi. Office key peechhey hi, saarey dalley baithtey hain typewriters lekey. They'll make one for them. It'll cost around 2000 bucks, magar certificate ban jayega.
yaar BIG G ...lekin consulate poochega pehle IT returns nahi tha...ab kaha se aa gaya... kahega...pahle income thee nahi ab kaha se aayi...

they are bastards...

i paid 1300 for getting my IT clearance last year at the same place u mentioned...
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Pelu Pelu

Yaar paise de kar kaam karaana band karo... hum khud hi is ghoose naam ke cancer ko badawaa de rahe hain.. NRI ho.. dekhi hai duniyaa ki imaandar desh kitne tarraki par hain.. ab to neend se jaago!!!!!! Mai ye ek naye thred par bhi daaltaa hoon. Kyaa pataa kis ke dil me vatan ke pyaar jaag pade!!!
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

teri baat theek hai GpeL, magar yeh bechaara aadmi kya karey, jo apney maa-baap ko apney yahan hain bula sakta, just because of the callous decision by those whimsical b@stards at the embassy?
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Pelu Pelu

Dekh bhai.. the guys in the embassy call USA their home and they have every right to tell who to allow entry into their "home" or not.. What would you say if I said that the indian embassy in pakistan is choosy about who to let in.. yaar theek se approach karne par problem nahi hota hai. Hamare log ne un ke hospitality ko abuse kiya to ab vo log ab sankoch karte hain visa dene.. not their fault
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Senior eCharchan

That's fine pal, as long as there is some logic to their decisions or they follow some rules. I have known absolutely fraud cases, which get the thappa without any hitches, and some really genuine cases which get rejected just 'cos the guy at the counter was in a bad mood. It's frustrating for those who have to go thro' it.
Old June 6th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Pelu Pelu

The problem is what rules? humare bandhu log har rules/logic ko beat karne ki bachpan se training le jo rakhi hai.. ab un log ko logic se hat kar sochnaa padtaa hai.. Yaar mai India jaata hoon to mere ko gherao ho jaataa hai yaar.. mera h1 kar de.. uska h1 karde.. . and they will have no qualification and they will go.. are yaar kaise bhi kar ke H1 dilaa de bhai.. there l**d pakadtaa hoon (pair pakad ne ka dusra avtaar).. et. al. Abe tu bhi to indian hai.. tere ko pataa hai kaise rules bend karna hai.. are nahi to GC dilaa de.. You get the point.. jaise US mere baap ki hai.