eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How often do you change your Laptop/Notebook/ultrabook/mabook/whateverbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
I had Gateway before , which I used for almost 6 years . I had to replace it because of a hardware fault I could not quite point out .

Currently I have a Lenovo going on for past 3 years.

Most engineering laptops are pretty robust and last quite long time . The only problem is the battery which needs to be replaced every 2 years , or you will start using it as a desktop .
What do you mean by "engineering laptops" ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
Connecting all mother boards together so the behave as one computer.. Hell of a lot faster given each task gets a bigger chunk of processor as there are multiple ones. I have a 1 + 4 setup 1M4S.
what is the configuration of these 1+4 ?? which is the oldest computer you have in the cluster ?

The problem that I have with trying linux is that my windows applications won't run on them.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Oldest is a 1 ghz dell laptop MB and the other 2 are Hp, 2 asus all at 12.6 ghz.. total mem is 2Gb Master and 3Gb each slave. Monitor is a flat screen external monitor. Array of 1tb and 2 600 GB and while it does connect to internet, I am now useing a standalone laptop which is a very old thinkpad. I don't use that contraption for surfing. That one runs knoppix and this linux.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

To run windows apps on Linux boxes use WINE.. that should work easy.
Dell is the Master and the other 4 are the Slaves (nodes). MPI of knopix is effiecient once you manage to get it running. There are others who will promise on their honor but knopix is the best that I found so far.
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oldest is a 1 ghz dell laptop MB and the other 2 are Hp, 2 asus all at 12.6 ghz.. total mem is 2Gb Master and 3Gb each slave. Monitor is a flat screen external monitor. Array of 1tb and 2 600 GB and while it does connect to internet, I am now useing a standalone laptop which is a very old thinkpad. I don't use that contraption for surfing. That one runs knoppix and this linux.
Quote:
To run windows apps on Linux boxes use WINE.. that should work easy.
Dell is the Master and the other 4 are the Slaves (nodes). MPI of knopix is effiecient once you manage to get it running. There are others who will promise on their honor but knopix is the best that I found so far.
Thanks..

must spread some rep before giving it to you again.

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Pelu Pelu

Just noticed 12.6 GHZ.. sorry no.. that was a typo.. they are 1.6ghz.. saala 1 and 2 ek saath dab gayelaa udhar.
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Just noticed 12.6 GHZ.. sorry no.. that was a typo.. they are 1.6ghz.. saala 1 and 2 ek saath dab gayelaa udhar.
I was wondering about that I thought I was out of date with the latest speeds.

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

2 Macbooks (Kids )
1 Acer
1 Lenovo
1 Hp ( Client )
2 Ipad ( Kids + Family )

That's my inventory.

My dad asked me for Laptop and I said no. What is the use of laptop if he is only going to play games on it.....and show off to his friends........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How often do you change your Laptop/Notebook/ultrabook/mabook/whateverbook

Gujju dads are real showoffs....kallu kay papa ko 15k ki gaaRi chaayeah, dirty kay papa ko pata nahin kitnayK Wala laptop chaahheah.Haan bhai ganday kitnay K kay laptop ki farmaaish kar rahein hain teray papa?

Are all gujjus like this...baap bete dono....

Aur yeh inventory kisnay maangi thee tujhsay.....dirty ko toh bus ,kaisaa bhee chotay say chota ,maukaa milnaa chaayeah showoff karnay kaa....phir choonktaa nahin hai voh...give him a millimeter and he will talk a kilometer....

Last edited by zyzzva; November 24th, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: How often do you change your Laptop/Notebook/ultrabook/mabook/whateverbook

Dirty , tunay voh subtle suave and sudden way say apni salary nahin bataayee pichlay 10 dino say....lagay haath voh bhee bataa day ...

Last edited by zyzzva; November 24th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post

My dad asked me for Laptop and I said no. What is the use of laptop if he is only going to play games on it.....and show off to his friends........
My observations about dirty , kallu and their Papas lead me to conclude:

Baap numbari toh betay dus numbari