eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old November 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Abu Azmi Says.. (SP)

SP medicine for curing rape.

"Women are precious like gold. If you expose them, they'll be looted," .

"Women should not move around like men late night. They are weak, so they should think before they venture out... Women have freedom to move but only with their family."
Abu Azmi -- SP

Naresh Agarwal --SP

"When villagers come to big cities they see women with lesser clothes and make-ups... that's why such incidents happen in the country."

"Girls should pay special attention to their attire in view of the rising cases of crimes against the feminine gender."

"Laws cannot stop everything, even society will have to come forward. Despite the laws in the country, why aren't cases of murder, loot and rape stopping in the country?"

"The films are showing such scenes which a father and a son cannot watch together. The country should think whether we are ready to accept western culture or not. We should also discuss the drawbacks of western culture"

Comments?

Western Culture = Allow rape. It is NOT criminal. Obama are you hearing.. You need to fix your countries law which allows such a barbaric practice unhindered.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Abu Azmi Says.. (SP)

Some people see Western culture as decadent, and in particular do not approve of sexually permissive behaviour. They view the influence of Western culture as an attack on Bharatiya Samskriti.

Even senior police officials sometimes make statements about women provoking rape with seductive attire, almost shifting the blame from the perpetrator to the victim. But the thing is these officials are a product of the same culture.

The unfortunate thing about police in India is the middle class/upper-middle class demographic no longer considers this a profession worth pursuing. So the set of people they recruit into the police forces reflect a more conservative mind-set. This is not going to change, unless powerful politicians (state CMs are best equipped for this, since they control the law and order apparatus in the state) take steps to make policing an attractive career option.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Some stats to ponder .. 41% Of rape victims were sari clad and 49% were in salwar suits.. of the rest..10% there is jeans, long skirts, track suits, and the ones attacked at homes (minus the intersection of ones wearing sari/salwars inside homes cos they got included in the prev stat), ones in school uniforms, ones otherwise helpless.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've seen reports of 7 year-old girls and 70 year-old women raped. Something else is going on here.

As for stats, I don't think folks making these statements about rape being caused by provocative attire are pausing to ponder about the stats and such.

Someone mentioned Bollywood films. This brings up a whole other debate. What's the influence of media? This discussion has happened before, and maybe someone else made this point, but if I go watch the film Gandhi, am I going to practice Gandhigiri from Day Two?

Side Note:
One particular police officer on women dressed in salwar-kameezes:

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=17
Old November 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
They view the influence of Western culture as an attack on Bharatiya Samskriti.
Before I get sick of shit, can you enlighten me ... what the fuck is Bhartiya Samskriti? NO ... eating ghasphoos is not samskriti ... it is eating habits based on some belief system.

SO ... can we make a list of Bhartiya Samskiriti?

1. ?????????? !
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old November 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Before I get sick of shit, can you enlighten me ... what the fuck is Bhartiya Samskriti? NO ... eating ghasphoos is not samskriti ... it is eating habits based on some belief system.

1. ?????????? !
1.Bring congress to power as its the most secular party
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
1.Bring congress to power as its the most secular party
See? Bet you all the coins in ashtray of my motor that not one member will be coming with '1' ... for fear of ridicule ... and because there is none. Door ke dol suhawane ... nazdeek jao to pain and noise. We lost them all ... it wasn't overnight ... gradual process, took hundreds of years.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See? Bet you all the coins in ashtray of my motor that not one member will be coming with '1' ... for fear of ridicule ... and because there is none. Door ke dol suhawane ... nazdeek jao to pain and noise. We lost them all ... it wasn't overnight ... gradual process, took hundreds of years.
What tf are you talking about... here, let me start and you can keep going,

1. Treat boys better than girls... why because boys will become men
2. Treat girls like trash... as they will only do housework and are completely useless
3. If girl is fair treat her like goddess and give her most respects and prayers. Else look at #2

These are just some of the points of the sexist branch of our Bhartiya Samskriti. There are our aspects of our Samskriti too, like political (one of which Swamira pai has already mentioned) and religious and musical (these are the best) and of course, cultural. Ab bol, isn't ours better? Why in the hell would you want to import from western cultures... when we have all the best

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

1. ?????????? !
There are people in India who believe that Western culture is immoral and decadent and selfish and a generally polluting influence on Bharatiya Samskriti.

Some people see the increasing influence of Western culture as "them" (the outsiders) attacking "us and our values" (our traditions and customs), thereby snatching away from us what we have held on to for centuries. This sort of thinking underlines, for example, the attacks on shops selling Valentine's Day cards. There are people who feel that Valentine's Day is a rude intrusion into Bharatiya Samskriti.

Some possible reasons for the superiority of Bharatiya Samskriti:

1. The high divorce rates in the West are seen as an indication of the selfishness and depravity of Westerners. Me, me, me! Just to throw random numbers, say the divorce rate of America is 50%, while that of India is 2%. This is seen as signifying the superiority of Bharatiya Samskriti. Even worse is men and women with kids "casually" divorcing, breaking the family unit for "selfish" reasons, and depriving the kids of paternal or maternal love. Cruel!

2. Indian families have more love and affection in them. Indian families are more tightly-knit. This is the loftiness of Bharatiya Samskriti. Westerners are too selfish.

3. Single mothers are seen as an indication of the depravity of Western culture. So many of them? Shameless!

4. Serial dating is seen as indicative of a promiscuous culture. You got a boyfriend for six months. Now you have moved on to the next boyfriend? You sleep around happily. Slut!

5. Sexually permissive behaviour in the West is seen as immoral. Men and women behave like animals, with barely any control over lust? You can go to a bar in New York City and pick up a totally strange woman for the night?

Old December 5th, 2013, 01:06 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a debate between western culture or Bharatiya Sanskar.

This is purely a debate about illiterate and chauvinistic bumpkins who get the priviledge of getting called as our dear 'Netas.'