eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old November 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Dog

Does any Echarchan in Umrika own a dog.
What i the average maintenance cost on it.
And in case the whole family is off to India what happens to the dog.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:25 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dog

"Desis" don't waste dollahs on dogs i seen lots of chinks have dogs.. Eat up when runneing short of regular food

Americans esp goras are crazy over dogs.. At least have someting that is dependent and obeys
Old November 24th, 2015, 05:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I also dont fancy dogs so much. But the Elder One is crazy for a dog and i have promised him one after 2 years and he every now and then does a count down. My Behenji also has a dog but the whole family has never been off at one time.
Old November 24th, 2015, 08:45 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Pets are like adding a family member, so you have to deal with their food, health, pee/poo, behavior, somebody to watch over when out of town, etc etc.

Thinking of pros.. you become more active.. have to go out everyday few times winter, summer, rain, or what have you. You get to go to parks, meet other pet owners, arrange play dates for the pet, kids can learn to care, learn to be responsible, emotional attachment with animals.

I knew a sri lankan who took his dog from Canada to SL, had to do this whole routine of getting shots, paperwork, then putting him to sleep in the dog cage, etc etc. The risk of them dieing is always there on an international flight.
Old November 24th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Does any Echarchan in Umrika own a dog.
What i the average maintenance cost on it.
And in case the whole family is off to India what happens to the dog.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
I did some research on this because my kids have been asking for a dog as well. Our neighbors have them.

From all my research, I concluded that a dog is a pain in the ass. Until they are trained, they poop and pee in the house. Even after they are trained, you can expect to have accidents. Their food, insurance, vet visits, grooming, walks, dog hotels, etc - there is a ton of phaltu kharcha. It's somewhat like having a kid. Some dog owners think it is worth all the hassle, but not me. I'd rather have a baby.

Old November 24th, 2015, 01:38 PM

I have an american colleague who often comments that dogs are the only creatures that show unconditional love.. even your own children will betray you or be mad at you, will love you only if you keep them happy. I think he has a point.
Old November 24th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
"Desis" don't waste dollahs on dogs

B.S.
Who told you that?
Lot of desis do have dogs these days. Couple of my relatives and few friend do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I also dont fancy dogs so much. But the Elder One is crazy for a dog and i have promised him one after 2 years and he every now and then does a count down. My Behenji also has a dog but the whole family has never been off at one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I did some research on this because my kids have been asking for a dog as well. Our neighbors have them.

From all my research, I concluded that a dog is a pain in the ass. Until they are trained, they poop and pee in the house. Even after they are trained, you can expect to have accidents. Their food, insurance, vet visits, grooming, walks, dog hotels, etc - there is a ton of phaltu kharcha. It's somewhat like having a kid. Some dog owners think it is worth all the hassle, but not me. I'd rather have a baby.
Don't just bow down to kids requests and demands.
Do your own work. Its lot of work and responsibilities.
Goras have because they do not have as much social life/obligations like us desis. Ye weekend shaadi pe (out of town) jao, India jao etc...Look for dog sitting places etc is additional.

Saale mere employee ko uski maa vacation pe gayi to I had to let him go for couple of hours in the middle of the shift to let the dog "out".

Bachcho ko goli pilaao, bolneka laayenge...laayenge...
Unkaa kya, tum logo ko marwani padegi.
If you do not mind taking for walk in cold or rain or snow, because your kids don't want to get up in the morning on weekends either, go get one.
Old November 24th, 2015, 08:12 PM

Couple have .. but how many friends don't have? 2 v/s 200 also, i wrote "desis" to mean visa folks true desis not Americans who speak amru accent but still say Jignes

In India too you have 2-3 pet owners per colony and 15-20 strays

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; November 24th, 2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old November 25th, 2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
B.S.
If you do not mind taking for walk in cold or rain or snow, because your kids don't want to get up in the morning on weekends either, go get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Pets are like adding a family member, so you have to deal with their food, health, pee/poo, behavior, somebody to watch over when out of town, etc etc.

Thinking of pros.. you become more active.. have to go out everyday few times winter, summer, rain, or what have you. You get to go to parks, meet other pet owners, arrange play dates for the pet, kids can learn to care, learn to be responsible, emotional attachment with animals.

I knew a sri lankan who took his dog from Canada to SL, had to do this whole routine of getting shots, paperwork, then putting him to sleep in the dog cage, etc etc. The risk of them dieing is always there on an international flight.

Thanks all for the inputs. THe bachcha log have not been troubling me so much., The elder one might be happy with a fish tank or a tortoise too. They seem to be relatively low maintenance options.

Long time back, we did have a stray dog (actually a bitch) stay live with us. We just used to feed it a bit. It used to just go and playand come back. In it play time it oblviously got laid and gave birth to 4 puppies (which soon got taken by dog lovers). When we moved out of that rented house, it did not follow us and dunno what happened to it.

One of our landlords, who was a retired army Major also had 2 dogs. But the cost of maintenance and liability is not so high in India.
Old November 27th, 2015, 12:58 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

dovahkin hates dogs and wants them killed . i read in the link i got to another forum after googling 'debate discussion with doc dova' as suggested by jagmohan . there was a considerable discussion by dovahkin pai .

where is he to enrich this thread

dovahkin pai---is this hatred due to real reasons or because your peaceful religion has a problem with dogs ; they are considered unclean in islam .
Old November 27th, 2015, 01:01 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

islam and dogs---

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/why-does-is...e-dogs-1474897
Old November 27th, 2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
dovahkin hates dogs and wants them killed . i read in the link i got to another forum after googling 'debate discussion with doc dova' as suggested by jagmohan . there was a considerable discussion by dovahkin pai .

dovahkin pai---is this hatred due to real reasons or because your peaceful religion has a problem with dogs ; they are considered unclean in islam .
No wonder Dilawar Khan also hates dogs. Check the video in OP
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Whom they don't?

Ooops.....goats and sheeps and camels.
Old November 30th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He seems to read and respond mostly to this thread http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44929 so post a link of your post in that thread to get a response