eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old April 5th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Question

When do you people think this situation is going to change for the better?
Old April 5th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Banned

aurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these parts
poor viking

It seems that you too have been laid off like your brothers.

No I dont think this will stop viking,so I advice you to leave with your fellow infidels.
Old April 5th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Junior eCharchan

Allah is on a distinguished road
see my creations, i have beaten evolution in creating monkeys

Last edited by Allah; April 5th, 2001 at 02:25 PM.
Old April 5th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Aurangzeb

Aurangzeb have you ever learnt manners from anyone before?.I dont want your sympathy you uncouth bafoon.
Besides what made you think I have been laid off!!!.I only worry about my fellow Indians.Also I feel that America should do well because a lot of economies depend on this economy.

And what about you man?!!.What do you do drive cabs?
Look at your own pathetic self you moron!
Old April 5th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Banned

aurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these partsaurangzeb is infamous around these parts
Arrow poor viking

viking you need not worry about me too.I had to lay off people due to the company decesion but neverthless I managed to maximise the number of Indian layoffs.

Those infidels had long and stupid names anyways.Good riddance.
Old April 5th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Junior eCharchan

Allah is on a distinguished road
choothiya aurangzeb... dekha mera creation
Old April 5th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Ass Kicker

Talking Aurangzeb mia

Aurangzeb mia you probably did not have any say in executing those layoffs.You obeyed your superiors..who might have been Indians for all that matters.And you probably must be a major psychophant(chamcha) over there so they spared you.You must be treated like trash there so you release your frustration against us Indians on echarcha I know for sure now.

Best is you dont speak about the layoff's I did not ask you this anyways and quite frankly you are not welcome here
Old April 5th, 2001, 03:33 PM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

According to some financial analysts, the say its going to be alteast 2 more quarters before anything can be said. Today one of my friends working for Winstar was laid off.

In my area today :
Winstar: 2500 off
Concert : 3000 off

****....this whole scenario is scary.

And you angu.....your pathetic country will go into even a more bigger debt if US goes down. Right now your country is out only with a begging bowl.......tomorrow you wont even have clothes on.....so grow up dick and go to the mulla and pray for your country.
Old April 5th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Ass Kicker

Question

Guys say that the situation is much better on the east coast than the west coast.Is it true?
Old April 5th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
That is because of the dotcom factor. A lot of dotcoms set up operations in and around the Silicon Valley area. They are the companies that have been hit the worst. I know of a company that in 1999 had a development/ support staff of 75 , now only 4 and just about to go under. I am sure there are several examples of that.
Old April 5th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Ass Kicker

US China at loggerheads

Will the US China stand off have any effect on this economoc down fall?.How much do you guys think this will affect the situation?
Old April 5th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Junior eCharchan

indiantramp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guys say that the situation is much better on the east coast than the west coast.Is it true?
-Viking

This I think is true. I live in the East Coast myself and have not really heard of anyone being laid off. But I also think there's a reason behind this. The East Coast uses technology that is built by the West Coast. Application have already been launched using technologies like Java. These need to be maintained, upgraded and enhanced. Also the dot com mania has not really infested the East Coast as it has the West Coast.
Old April 5th, 2001, 05:45 PM
eCharchan

TheMan is on a distinguished road
Actually, some companies are hiring...

As a MS student, I have found that there are many companies who are hiring now, especially in engineer level. Most said that layoffs were expected long back and this is a phase that stops the industry being overvalued. They predicted around 1 yr for things to get better.

And it will be best if there is no hiring frenzy like fall 2000. People were ready to hire you then if you could spell the word 'C++'. Most of my friends who graduated last fall have said that most of the those hired did not have too many things to work on and were on the bench (some still are)

As for the East/West scenario, the west has a lot of dotcoms which have gone under. On the east coast, it is primarily n/w companies which are still hiring. But they need a lot of specialized courses and projects. In fact, this is the only time I have really felt that a MS has really helped me. Even on the west coast, for most of the really high tech n/w //telecom companies, it is business as usual. Only, hiring is slightly slower and more discreet. US will do well if it focuses on growth rates around 10 % and not the earlier exponential rates.
Old April 5th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
Aurangzeb Don't worry...

Aurangzeb you Bastard .Bastard is not a bad word you only said . Don't worry about we Indians .

We have a bad habit of rebouncing back after a setback,so Please don't waste your precious time in worrying about us
Old February 9th, 2014, 04:56 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aurangzeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Also I feel that America should do well because a lot of economies depend on this economy.
Agree, but hearing that off late, you have turned anti American.