eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Visitor visas

Notices

Visitor visas So you want to visit the USA for a social/business visit?

Old June 14th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Junior eCharchan

eccentric_Loner is on a distinguished road
Travel to UK

Hey All,

I am in the US right now on H1-B and want to go to UK for a vacation. I was just wondering if someone has been to UK from the US and can can shed some light on how to go about getting a visa for UK.

In particular, I have the following questions:

(1) How long does it take for the visas to get approved ?

The thing is, I have very little time for this. I want to travel on June 26, so that leaves only 12 days to get my visa. Is it possible to get the visas approved so soon ? The visa4uk website says it can take around 14 days, but I heard from someone, it takes only 2 days to get the visas approved.

(2) Is it required to send the flight itinerary and hotel bookings for the duration of my trip along with the visa application ? If yes, then how did you go about doing that ? I mean I would'nt book my flight or a hotel before getting my visas right ??

(3) What other documents do I need ?

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions. I dont have much time left :-)) :-))

I hope I get some help here, but just in case.. does anyone know of any other forum where I can ask this ??

Thanks !!!

Last edited by eccentric_Loner; June 14th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travel to UK

A quick google search will give you tons of information, dude.
http://www.globalvisas.com/uk_immigr...st_visa_2.html

But why would you want to go to UK?

Last edited by Ravi; June 14th, 2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Junior eCharchan

eccentric_Loner is on a distinguished road

Hey Ravi, thanks a lot for the link.

Yea Ive searched through google, and have found some information. But I was just looking for someone who has personally got his or her visas done recently.

anyone out there ? :-)))

Last edited by eccentric_Loner; June 14th, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry buddy, I have never had a UK or European Visa.
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

eccentric bhau, check this before you go. If your ass is brown, beware!!
Old June 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric_Loner View Post
Hey All,

I am in the US right now on H1-B and want to go to UK for a vacation. I was just wondering if someone has been to UK from the US and can can shed some light on how to go about getting a visa for UK.

In particular, I have the following questions:

(1) How long does it take for the visas to get approved ?

The thing is, I have very little time for this. I want to travel on June 26, so that leaves only 12 days to get my visa. Is it possible to get the visas approved so soon ? The visa4uk website says it can take around 14 days, but I heard from someone, it takes only 2 days to get the visas approved.

(2) Is it required to send the flight itinerary and hotel bookings for the duration of my trip along with the visa application ? If yes, then how did you go about doing that ? I mean I would'nt book my flight or a hotel before getting my visas right ??

(3) What other documents do I need ?

I will really appreciate if someone can answer these questions. I dont have much time left :-)) :-))

I hope I get some help here, but just in case.. does anyone know of any other forum where I can ask this ??

Thanks !!!

In Canada, when my husband was applying for visa to UK he had to first book an appointment. If you get an appointment soon enough they will mail you your passport back with in 3 working days. Not sure if in US it’s the same procedure. But he was staying more than 90 days in UK thats why he had to apply for visa. If you are a US citizen, I dont think you will need visa to enter UK as long as you are staying for less than 90 days.

2. It is always recommended that you take the itinerary with you. If you are not sure whether you will get the visa, then try and get a letter from your employer mentioning your employment status and your leave approval. That should help.

3. An invitation letter from someone in UK would help.

Last edited by Rakhi; June 16th, 2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: additional info