eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Closed Thread

Old November 10th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'change of guard'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
But Spriteji, by creating all these sub-moderation, aren't we making the site even more complicated? Why do we need sooooooooooooo many moderators? Its not like this site is a victim of constant abuse.
itz not sub-moderation...it is moderation! I want to switch powers from current moderators to other members on this site in their domain of interest.
and if you look carefully..we dont have "sooo" many moderators but 4 moderator at any given time instead of SIX...and their area of jurisdiction will be small...in other sub-forums they will be normal members....

why can't we just leave the site to people who are interested in specific sub-forums to give them a sense of belonging rather than people who have been managing it for years now. anyways....change and leadership are words word, accepting which, is not everyonez cup of tea!! currently we are adding moderators without letting old moderators go...no matter whether they are active on EC or not....I know its sunit's site and he can do whatever he wants...its just my opinion that we should test this new feature...

Last edited by sprite; November 10th, 2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post

why can't we just leave the site to people who are interested in specific sub-forums to give them a sense of belonging rather than people who have been managing it for years now. anyways....change and leadership are words word, accepting which, is not everyonez cup of tea!! We are just adding moderators without letting old moderators go...I know its sunit's site and he can do whatever he wants...its just my opinion that we should test this new feature...
You have a point but I still don't see a significant reason demanding a 'need' for a few people to have a sense of belonging. If most people are just comfortable just the way it is and there is no need for change, then why bother changing now?
I do agree with you that from Asia side we might need more than 1 moderator.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have a point but I still don't see a significant reason demanding a 'need' for a few people to have a sense of belonging. If most people are just comfortable just the way it is and there is no need for change, then why bother changing now?
I do agree with you that from Asia side we might need more than 1 moderator.
yeah..'chalta hain attitude'...i know...living in india I am used to it..'if it has worked for so many years...why bother'...reason why innovation and R&D doesn't come so easily to us...

I am asking admin to test this new stuff ...and I want current moderators to co-operate and help create new leaders...

Last edited by sprite; November 10th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

During the day time here in India there are issues like spammers but tell me who has seen spam messages for more then 2 hours and mostly spammers are from the US and Canada so during the night time there that is day time here there is less spamming.
Yes we only need one person to assist Cooldude that is only if he needs one otherwise I dont see any need to have so many mods.

In a way Chapai has selected the best team to moderate this site and we are doubting their ability to maintain this site ? I know it is not looking that way but crowding the administration would bring in more problems then we can handle.

Just because a member had some problem with a moderator does not mean we start increasing or changing the team and now since that matter has resolved lets not chalk out new plans
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah..'chalta hain attitude'...i know...living in india I am used to it..'if it has worked for so many years...why bother'...reason why innovation and R&D doesn't come so easily to us...
No, you are getting me wrong. I am all for innovation and change. But before I am on it, I need to see why I need it, What is going wrong now, what is the expected outcome, and what are the steps I will need to take to ensure that my plan works.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
During the day time here in India there are issues like spammers but tell me who has seen spam messages for more then 2 hours and mostly spammers are from the US and Canada so during the night time there that is day time here there is less spamming.
Yes we only need one person to assist Cooldude that is only if he needs one otherwise I dont see any need to have so many mods.

In a way Chapai has selected the best team to moderate this site and we are doubting their ability to maintain this site ? I know it is not looking that way but crowding the administration would bring in more problems then we can handle.

Just because a member had some problem with a moderator does not mean we start increasing or changing the team and now since that matter has resolved lets not chalk out new plans
cooldude is not as active as he used to be! same is with landya...

We are not doubting moderators abilities here. This site has had a 10 year trouble-free history. I am asking for 'innovatin' in administration.

crowding the administration? every area has his police inspector. You have senior police officers to look after bigger issues. is that what you call crowding of administration or simplifying administration.

This current 'change' is not about a members current problem. These are part of administrative reforms package!
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
No, you are getting me wrong. I am all for innovation and change. But before I am on it, I need to see why I need it, What is going wrong now, what is the expected outcome, and what are the steps I will need to take to ensure that my plan works.
submit the project report soon...
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

How do you term a member as not active ?
There are times when I just want to come to eCharcha and read as a normal guest does it make me inactive there are times when I dont have anything to reply to anyones post does that make me inactive ?
You may say Cooldude is not active nowadays as he maybe busy in work but he must be making it a point to come and check whenever he gets time.Thats a sense of responsiblity.Same with Landyabhai,I see him online daily but not seeing his post I should not say he is not active,your presense on this site makes you active even if you are logged in as invisible.

I agree with you that every area has a police inspector but our site is not an area its a home and we members here take care not to spoil it so there is no need of policemen everywhere.
Quote:
cooldude is not as active as he used to be! same is with landya...

We are not doubting moderators abilities here. This site has had a 10 year trouble-free history. I am asking for 'innovatin' in administration.

crowding the administration? every area has his police inspector. You have senior police officers to look after bigger issues. is that what you call crowding of administration or simplifying administration.

This current 'change' is not about a members current problem. These are part of administrative reforms package!
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzy me View Post
I agree! Echarcha would soon be renamed as MNS with every damn worker trying to hog the limelight and indulge in some "goonda raj" under the able guidance of Raj Thackerey.
Did you just call admin raj thokray?

Abe karamjali...ek to pune se hain tu kalmoohi...upar se tere tevar rajwaado.n jaise....teri is nautank mein dekhna sprite maara jayega...pehle hi chacha chaudhary ke kamfuter ne mere naam ka build debugging mode mein run kar diya hain...daaayan...mujhko lekar maregi tu!!
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
variety is the spice of life. Last time we brought about interesting changes on site and results were very positive.

blah blah

blah blah blah.................................

blah blah blah.
Fokat ki bachiya ke daat bhi ginega ab ye !!!!

I dont think there is any need or emergency for any more modertors.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Junior eCharchan

aaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond reputeaaaj75 has a reputation beyond repute

For every forum or sub forum you are suggesting two three moderators. Do you really think we need so many moderators. Innovations are welcome but this doesn't make any sense. How often do we see threads where people get personal. And after some time these moderators will be idle as they won't having much to moderate. One can understand if you say that moderator role should be for some time, like every six month there we should replace the existing moderator through some election process or some other process. But I don't think we need Jumbo moderator group.
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaj75 View Post
For every forum or sub forum you are suggesting two three moderators. Do you really think we need so many moderators. Innovations are welcome but this doesn't make any sense. How often do we see threads where people get personal. And after some time these moderators will be idle as they won't having much to moderate. One can understand if you say that moderator role should be for some time, like every six month there we should replace the existing moderator through some election process or some other process. But I don't think we need Jumbo moderator group.
hmmm...not many takers I guess...

project should be shelved
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Super eCharchan

But whats the need to compulsory change moderators at a fix time ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaj75 View Post
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hmmm...not many takers I guess...

project should be shelved
ab tu unglibaazi karne ke liye free......
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
But whats the need to compulsory change moderators at a fix time ?
are you a kangressi by any chance