eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good news- share it on echarcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Rakhi, if the BP is high, then any doctor worth his degree won't even think about INDUCING labor. They will give priority to bringing down the blood pressure - which is not really the more serious complication (depends on the case of course). My ex-saali had this problem - she was a week overdue but her BP was as high as 190/127 !!!.. Long story, but the doctors spent 2 days more bringing her BP under control, then went for induced labour (her first delivery). She was in labour for 14 hours and had a induced vaginal delivery and gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

It is called "Preeclampsia".
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksha View Post
Yes I am all for the epidural. I had it taken both the times. You can then only focus on delivering the baby & breathing and not on the pain. Else you will only end up cussing your husband
Tell me about it Pratiksha. I had my earful both the times. And all I was trying is to ask her to do what was taught in Lamaze classes. "Breathe in Breathe out" Itna gaali khaya ... "It's all your fault dont tell me what to do "

Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Tell me about it Pratiksha. I had my earful both the times. And all I was trying is to ask her to do what was taught in Lamaze classes. "Breathe in Breathe out" Itna gaali khaya ... "It's all your fault dont tell me what to do "

Problem itna hi nahi hai... they then want to go and have a second one... and then a third one... and a fourth

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Problem itna hi nahi hai... they then want to go and have a second one... and then a third one... and a fourth
Thank god apni biwi is happy with "hum dow hamare dow"

3rd and 4th
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post

. We don't mean what we say during that time. You guys have no clue the amount of pain we have to bear.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Gosh! 4 kids. You are a very busy man Saneless. No I mean if you have the time, the money and the energy go for more. But...still...I mean... 4 (no puns intended!)

Last edited by Pratiksha; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. We don't mean what we say during that time. You guys have no clue the amount of pain we have to bear.
When my SIL was 5 cm dilated, my brother in law sheepishly asked looking at her tearful face, "is there anything at all I can do to help you?"...the answer was, "yeah...just shut up"

Poor thing...I felt so bad...for both of them. After the delivery, my SIL was like, I am sorry, Did I hurt you?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes I am all for the epidural. I had it taken both the times. You can then only focus on delivering the baby & breathing and not on the pain. Else you will only end up cussing your husband

doesnt epidural relax your muscles and therefore reduce the ability to push and therefore prolong the labor?

Last edited by kkkk; July 22nd, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Rakhiji ... hope you don't intend to follow what these jokers write ... promise? These guys know jack shit about women, pregnancies, labor, complications, delivery, pre and post natal anxieties, blues, and symptoms.

All that your sister need to be careful with are safety pins for diapers. She is a mother and will know within few days all the needs of her precious. Your job is to provide her emotional strength, relieve her of home related stress. Give her support cause she probably will need it for initial few weeks.

And you ... if its natural ... good. If it comes down to C ... no problems ... very safe. Takes few extra days to recover fully but better option to 12 or 24 hours of hard labor.

C saves lives ... period.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
doesnt epidural relax your muscles and therefore reduce the ability to push and therefore prolong the labor?

KKKK what the anesthesiologist does is she gives the right amount of epidural. This makes sure you dont feel the pain caused by the contractions but yet you can feel the pressure of the babies head. My VBAC was smooth. Also, second time around I was trained as to how to breath and tolerate pain. They don't give you epidural until you are dilated 5cm at my hospital. So I had to bear the contraction pain, and each time I had the contraction I would chant the Ganapati aarti. Kind of soothed me.

But my SIL is one brave lady. She got her labor pains while she was in the middle of her baby-shower(dohal jevan in marathi) in India. She finished the rituals and walked all the way to the hospital and delivered my niece without any epidural.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Rakhiji ... hope you don't intend to follow what these jokers write ... promise? These guys know jack shit about women, pregnancies, labor, complications, delivery, pre and post natal anxieties, blues, and symptoms.

All that your sister need to be careful with are safety pins for diapers. She is a mother and will know within few days all the needs of her precious. Your job is to provide her emotional strength, relieve her of home related stress. Give her support cause she probably will need it for initial few weeks.

And you ... if its natural ... good. If it comes down to C ... no problems ... very safe. Takes few extra days to recover fully but better option to 12 or 24 hours of hard labor.

C saves lives ... period.
tantu bhaiyya, vo din lad gaye. diapers no longer use safety pins.

nowadays people actually OPT for C without waiting for 'if it comes down to C'!

btw will your advice still be same if its her Sister In Law who had the baby?
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

But my SIL is one brave lady. She got her labor pains while she was in the middle of her baby-shower(dohal jevan in marathi) in India. She finished the rituals and walked all the way to the hospital and delivered my niece without any epidural.
I guess its upto individuals. Some women really dont feel the pain even from the contractions.
My wife, was in labor for 20 hours. Her gynac is her relative (an aunt). Possibly because of not enough dilation, she advised against epidural. her pain subsided a little for an hour or so and we started thinking if we will have to go for c-sec. The contractions picked up again though and we had our baby 6 hours later. no epidural.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I guess its upto individuals. Some women really dont feel the pain even from the contractions.
My wife, was in labor for 20 hours. Her gynac is her relative (an aunt). Possibly because of not enough dilation, she advised against epidural. her pain subsided a little for an hour or so and we started thinking if we will have to go for c-sec. The contractions picked up again though and we had our baby 6 hours later. no epidural.
I wont say they don't feel the pain. Its just how fast the labor progresses. With my first one I had bouts of pain cause labor was slow as my baby was sunny side up.But the second was fast and smooth so didn't feel the pain as much. But I still opted for epidural as I was afraid of episiotomy.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My SIL was saying that when she was 4 cm dilated all her breathing lessons she learnt from Lamaze went out of the window. In Canada also they donlt give you epidural before 5 cm or after 8 cm.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tantu bhaiyya, vo din lad gaye. diapers no longer use safety pins.

Unless your pediatrician or ob/gyn are on company's payroll ... cotton nappies are kinder to nature and gentler to skin of infants.

nowadays people actually OPT for C without waiting for 'if it comes down to C'!

No two women are alike, no two pregnancies are alike, no two deliveries are alike. Needs and a woman's options are not semsem. In situations of need in complications ... C SAVES LIVES ... PERIOD.

btw will your advice still be same if its her Sister In Law who had the baby?

Yes ... an emphatic yes. Spread all over ... not all couples have privillage of having an elderly parent around for guidance and assurance. Best thing to do is to let a mother's instincts take over with a little help from a loved one as a standby ... like Rakhijis is to her sister.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!