eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Visitor visas

Notices

Visitor visas So you want to visit the USA for a social/business visit?

Old August 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Junior eCharchan

phenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond reputephenom27 has a reputation beyond repute
Visitor Visa for Canada from US

Can anybody please guide me or refer me to a link on process for Visitor Visa to Canada from US.

I am looking for something similar to Path2USa or Immihelp.com
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visitor Visa for Canada from US

call US immigration office at Washington DC on their toll free number, and tell yrs exact point/aspect of travel,
they will guide you for exact forms on their web site to fill etc...

No rely on anyone' s ( friends, relatives, private guys - rules have changed a lot ) personal advice,.. But,.. embassy guys are very cooperative and will guide you, for proper forms and procedures to fill out for,...with latest rule and regulations changed,..

I had recently renewed my green card
and they had advised me all,... very properly,… on phone also they send you forms physically with all FAQ for free, if you have no computer and printer,..

They are too cooperative and will guide for all forms and procedure...

1-800-375-5283
1-800-870-3676

Last edited by Jagmohan; August 18th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
call US immigration office at Washington DC on their toll free number, and tell yrs exact point/aspect of travel,
they will guide you for exact forms on their web site to fill etc...

No rely on anyone' s personal advice,.. they are very cooperative and will guide you for proper forms and procedures with latest rule and regulations changed,..

I had recently renewed my green card and they had advised me all very properly,…
Wow amazing advise. You should call US immigration office to get your visa to Canada . So did you renew your Green Card by calling Indian embassy in Ahemdabad ? Saala feku .......
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

Last edited by dirty; August 18th, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Yo ! as the name suggests,...... what's wrong wid yr jubaan,.? Y so sheedy and shitty as always,.. !

Yo ! I am in USA,. what the hell ya R talking ?

the nos i gave are U.S. toll free numbers,...

OP : you got indian passport / US ?

R ya U S citizen? Waht's is yr status for living in US ? - tell all them.

Last edited by Jagmohan; August 18th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:24 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Wow amazing advise. You should call US immigration office to get your visa to Canada . So did you renew your Green Card by calling Indian embassy in Ahemdabad ? Saala feku .......
the rules and practices have all changed since you became US citizen.. you dont know boss.
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Banned

Sorry,. I can’t admire poor jokes,
but the guy has written the word “ from US” in his statement. Just re-read him, he has not clarified where he is at now ? Is he still in India and yet to come to US first or what ?

So assuming that he is in USA and living either on a green card / U S citizenship / still Indian passport on whatever basis of Visa,.. ,
I gave him the advice,..
and yess,. After 911 and illegal penetration from Mexico and Canada,....rules have got stricter,..
Here on the east coast, the ppl who just go to visit Niagara falls, ( which is just on US/Canadian border ) also the strict rules are applied on them,
to present their all new and old passports ( if US passport is very recent, after the US citizenship ) and also to keep their visa with them if they just came to US for a 2-3 month visits,. Or whatsoever,,..

And, I repeat,..
the rules have changed in mnay area and more stricter,.....
And hence my mentioning of not taking from anyone’s friendly advise
but rather seek for an advice, straight from the horse’s mouth..

Now wass’ wrong with you guys,… always on an EZ jokes and insult fire,....? Pray tell.

Last edited by Jagmohan; August 18th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

jagubhai..who can issue canadian visa?surely not anyone from Usa.so ur advice should had been call canadian consulate or embassy.its as simple as that
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
jagubhai..who can issue canadian visa?surely not anyone from Usa.so ur advice should had been call canadian consulate or embassy.its as simple as that
No NO no ..............the rules have changed. Did not see the US toll free numbers Yo ?

Yo dont undrstnd yo ...... Only US can issue Canadian Visa Yo ...

Whats yo problem yo yo ......

Yo yo Honey singh yo.........

Jags yo is in US yo

If yo want Mexican Visa ........Call US consulate in Washington Yo......

the toll free numbers are there yo...........

Yo mama ........ why this kolavadi yo.....

Teri ma ki yo.....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

^^ Lol.
Sure, when we had to come to the USA, ( In 80s ) we were knowing that we have to get the visa from the US embassy - that freaking bambayi office,.. at the Mumbai loc. and still we were fakking for months, with our Indian embassy at Ashram road, Ahmedabad, ( next to Nataraj Cinema, 2nd floor ) for all 3-4 months of pre-procedure and many other paper-work,.. No ?
We were idiots, to deal and struggle with Indian embassy,..
we should rather had ran to the Mumbayi office directly and immediately, where ppl were queuing up at 4.00 am in the morning ! No ?

Bahoot khoob !

---------------------

Pal,.
You are in and on the land of USA,… and you want to exit the US border, properly, legally and law-fully,….. and also wanna come to back there, the same land, legally and law-fully without any kind of objections or problems,..

You have either the U S passport and US citizenship,..or the Indian passport and still with U S permanent resident alien card,. ( U S green card and US visa on which basis you came to this land, from India or wherever ) and now wanna leave this boundary line to visit to Canada,..

Now you want to visit Canada, from this current US land,.. and wanna come back officially,..

I would first contact U S embassy about my plan of tour visit to Canada and what requirements from their side about my passport,. And other validification / current exchange requirements ( from when, where and how I can legally get, exchanged it of what max. amount,.. ) what else proofs’s currentness and validification needed,.. ,. Say driver license check, S S card and its no, income nad property tax clearance,.. other govt debts and/or credits clear required,.. . etc etc is needed , I will verify and clarify with them first,.. and then,..

Let them direct me to the Canadian embassy in Wash DC nearby
with their number and for further apply, forms and necessary procedure,... and all those,. directed as per them,….
but I would verify my all needs with my U S embassy first,. ( will ask for info about the travelers visiting to Canada from US, duration of visit time allowed ) And let them direct me,…. Since I am leaving their border and they know how to prepare me legally,.. and I also want to come back say after 1-2 mos of visit trip,..
does not matter whether I leave for Mexico or Canada,…let them guide me properly,..

So, after getting my all proper requirements with my US embassy let them direct me to the Canadian embassy with their phone no, form and all other procedure,. But still I would read on US embassy sites the all info and instructions for the tourists visiting to Canada and what is required and precaution needed from them, first.

US embassy has its own rules for crossing the US/Canada Border, ( also for money exchange and its rules ) as you are coming back to the same border to the US back, and hence they have their set of rules and orders to follow too, besides later you fill out the forms with Canadian Embassy,... as per Canadian requirements,...

I would request them to direct me to the Canadian embassy with proper forms required and keeping me with my US passport and other things ready, also Canadian dollar exchange's all work, it’s rule and info,.. yada yada

When you were preparing in India for coming to US, you had first got to and tackle with the Indian embassy first and with them the passport, income-tax clear, police clear, Edu certi, Health certis. and X-rays,.. and tons of other things done and then you had to Mumbai taking all those to the US embassy and that’s how you got visa,… remember ?

Same here…. I would contact US embassy first and rules, instruction and all warnings for Canada traveling visitors, abiding with their rules and procedures,.. and read and listen to them and follow accordingly,…

Just remember, I also want to come back to the same US Border legally and lawfully so before contacting Canadian embassy in Wash. DC, I would do what my embassy says, abiding w/ their all rules and requirements first.

FYI, this is a para from -
USA_Canada crossing Border rules - Amtrak, ( US railway lines ) and their requirements and not Candian Embassy speaks anything here,..but the US guys set rules on you

" For those passengers who are not citizens of either the United States or Canada, it is strongly advised to arrive earlier than one hour to complete additional United States Customs and Border Protection processing. "

Source: http://www.amtrak.com/crossing-the-us-canadian-border

Last edited by Jagmohan; August 18th, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Banned

Hmmm.

Something new I heard again, from you, today. Thanks for feeding one more surprise.

Pray tell,… where and how did you find naïve in my thinkings. I fail to see it anywhere.

So far I know,.. I have heard from the people surrounding me, opining @ me of exactly the polar opposite, than you just said.
Have tons of community people, fans-followings, net-groups and on many foums, living society - community people,…. N’ they seek advice from me be it divorce, court problem, family matter, any kind of,… I extend where I feel, I know a little bit about it.

Am I really gullible, or the person who tried to make me gullible, you see at failure.
Tell ya,….I see the latter.

Now, I
Dunno’ wher’ you coming from, ( an old timen friend’s agony ? ) and that now puts me, you also in my doubt-list.
Old August 19th, 2014, 04:55 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^ Lol.
Sure, when we had to come to the USA, ( In 80s ) we were knowing that we have to get the visa from the US embassy - that freaking bambayi office,.. at the Mumbai loc. and still we were fakking for months, with our Indian embassy at Ashram road, Ahmedabad, ( next to Nataraj Cinema, 2nd floor ) for all 3-4 months of pre-procedure and many other paper-work,.. No ?
Would you know if that "Indian Embassy" is still around. Let me check where the "Indian Embassy" is in Hyderabad. And Babu will make sure that there are at least 2 Indian Embassies in 'Seemandhra'

Quote:
FYI, this is a para from -
USA_Canada crossing Border rules - Amtrak, ( US railway lines ) and their requirements and not Candian Embassy speaks anything here,..but the US guys set rules on you

" For those passengers who are not citizens of either the United States or Canada, it is strongly advised to arrive earlier than one hour to complete additional United States Customs and Border Protection processing. "

Source: http://www.amtrak.com/crossing-the-us-canadian-border
Let me paste the Full Para here, so that we get an Idea of the 'Direction of Travel'
Passengers traveling from Vancouver, BC should arrive at least one hour prior to departure for border crossing processing. For those passengers who are not citizens of either the United States or Canada, it is strongly advised to arrive earlier than one hour to complete additional United States Customs and Border Protection processing.

Last edited by sgars; August 19th, 2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old August 19th, 2014, 04:58 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom27 View Post
Can anybody please guide me or refer me to a link on process for Visitor Visa to Canada from US.

Right from the Horse's mouth.
Official Site
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Banned

Pal, let me clear it once again,. And this would be my very last post on this topic,
for the way I understand it,….
and again,…I surely would had followed with proper procedure,….the way I’ve said it,..…

If a train ( Amtrak ) for a very known period, who also takes care of his passengers and his own rules of filling out for passengers ( not any illegal dropouts and withdrawals allowed in Canada ) and they may not freely get down in and within Canada as per their ‘will’ to their friend-relative’s house ( as they are bound by train’s visiting rules what they can and can not do in Canadian border ) . Still US embassy rules governs them, when they come at border penetration,..
And, if so,.. when a person is going to Canada, to his friend/relative house for a trip for say weeks, mos and even a year for a tour/trip/visit,… don’t you think,… US embassy must have some rule on them and it’s your duty to abide with those, or they will get some problem while coming back,..

I live on the east coast, USA for decades and meet 100s of desi ppl at Gujju samaj party and diwali function / desi summer picnics / festivals at temples, and they all narrate their various experiences,…

They have many of their relatives to come for visit to the US and naturally they all go to gether to make a trip to Naigara fall at Canadian border,…. ( on the east coast ) And many a times, many of the ppl had problems, when they coming back,,…..and getting back into the US border,…

They think that, they are living in the US for past 20-25 yrs even having the US citizenship, have done job for 24+ years and still working till today,.. and just 1-2 days hardly they cross the border, and even they carry the passport with them,… What the hell,…

NO,..

But when they come back at US border, they are hold,… ‘Coz they are treated as if a brand new guy is penetrating the border illegally and hence that much amount of checks, annoyance, holds and procedures happens on them,.. … few had very recent passports and did not care about also keeping old passport with them,… ( so no stamps and records of their other activity on their passports ) , few had very new US passports, few just came from India and still they were supposed to keep the Visa papers with them,, which they carried with them, while coming to the US for a visitors trip,. And few were hold for many of such major/minor reasons,… )

And, all these, ‘coz they never cared to contact US embassy for its proper requirement and procedures,… and I repeat they have changed and very strict rules now at penetrating cross borders,. Even you think,.. I am living in US for last 25 yrs and even have done job 24 years,.. but there at the border they treat, if just like any illegal person on his way penetrating the border,….. Same may also applies at the airports,.. One of my relatives was hold for 2 days at NY airport as his passport was brand new and he never cared to also carry the old passport with him, too,..

And, that’s why I repeat call US embassy first for the requirements,. I have heard and experienced tons of such incidents from friends, relative and various people, who were just to Niagara staying in a hotel for just 2 days of their trip, taking hardly a day off from their present US job,… and were stuck and hold,….

And, sure Canadian official web site if there, at just close to the US embassy at Wash. D.C. for the east coast residents,..

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=canadian+embassy+washington+DC&gbv=2&oq=canadian+embassy+washington+DC&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3..0l10.1656.7219.0.7656.30.18.0.8.8.0.500.2531.0j6j5j5-1.12.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..10.20.2781.hOnLktaRCSs

that’s the horse mouth, and not those third party , tourist-trip salesmans’ web sites,..
unless the embassy itself tell for them…. For example all Indian passport at Wash embassy work is done by a third party, BLS-India company and embassy itself recommends them, mandatorily with full force,..

But regardtheless,.. I would call my US embassy first for all details,..telling my all intent of this trip and its duration and would follow as per what they say,… Canadian embassy comes later,… Coz if something goes wrong with US embassy, they won’t let ya enter in US and will give tough times with enormous annoyance,..

For US, the illegal penetration from Canada and Mexico is the biggest problem than anything else,…..

That simple.

---------------------
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Pal, let me clear it once again,. And this would be my very last post on this topic,
Please, why are you depriving ignorant people of your wisdom. Still more inputs needed on your experience in the Indian Embassy in Ahmedabad.

Quote:
For US, the illegal penetration from Canada and Mexico is the biggest problem than anything else,…..

That simple.

---------------------
Dirty Pai, whatever be the reason, the first name that comes into mind on hearing "Illegal Penetration", is you.
Old August 19th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom27 View Post

Here: https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfse...ountry_welcome